2021-22 Sixers Thread

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
Maybe the curse is back…I apologize. After the PJ Tucker 3 I bailed. Watching Deadpool 2.

Good luck and God Speed gents! May my bad luck be lifted and you all watch a miraculous comeback.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Maybe the curse is back…I apologize. After the PJ Tucker 3 I bailed. Watching Deadpool 2.

Good luck and God Speed gents! May my bad luck be lifted and you all watch a miraculous comeback.

just a disaster of a game so far for the Sixers.

outscored in the 1st qtr, 31-19
they equaled the Heat in the 2nd qtr, 25-25
outscored in the 3rd qtr, 25-22

I thought the Sixers would win this game. Instead, they are down 81-66 at the start of the 4th qtr.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Final: 120-85, Heat.

They lead the series, 3-2.

Game 6 will take place on Thursday evening.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Final: 120-85, Heat.

They lead the series, 3-2.

Game 6 will take place on Thursday evening.
Squeaky bum time, Sixers fans. It sure seems like they should have kept Jimmy Butler when they had him.

The institutional missteps by this franchise are staggering. The Process netted Joel Embiid. There will be organizational case studies about this for decades.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021

This paragraph is both deadly accurate and frightening for a do or die game 6:

Here's the real concern coming out of this game — what reason do you have to be confident about this Sixers group standing tall in a backs-to-the-wall situation? Their best player, whose track record in do-or-die games is spotty up to this point, is playing through multiple injuries just to be on their floor. Their coach is most well known at this point for being the all-time leader in blown 3-1 series leads. The second star, who admittedly just turned in a gem in Game 4, has one of the worst reputations in must-have games of any high-level player in this era. Their hope otherwise has to come from a second-year guy, Harris, or a collection of unreliable role players.”

• Sad
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021

Here's the real concern coming out of this game — what reason do you have to be confident about this Sixers group standing tall in a backs-to-the-wall situation? Their best player, whose track record in do-or-die games is spotty up to this point, is playing through multiple injuries just to be on their floor. Their coach is most well known at this point for being the all-time leader in blown 3-1 series leads. The second star, who admittedly just turned in a gem in Game 4, has one of the worst reputations in must-have games of any high-level player in this era. Their hope otherwise has to come from a second-year guy, Harris, or a collection of unreliable role players.”
That sums things nicely. Their roster ain’t great.

harjeff

Oct 27, 2021
Squeaky bum time, Sixers fans. It sure seems like they should have kept Jimmy Butler when they had him.

The institutional missteps by this franchise are staggering. The Process netted Joel Embiid. There will be organizational case studies about this for decades.
Lots of people say this, but Butler didn't want to stay and was a free agent, so they couldn't keep him. They did the sign and trade to get something rather than nothing. Of course keepiong BUtler would have been great, but he wanted to goto South Beach.

RyanSnyder

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021

Sadly, yeah, pretty much. I turned that game off in the third quarter last night. Hard to watch.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
hmm, the Sixers go with Charlie Manuel to ring the bell for game 6. Interesting.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
ugh, Danny Green gets carried off the court midway thru the 1st qtr. Embid landed on his leg. Seemed like possibly a knee injury or an ankle sprain.

@jmorovich -- don't you bring back the curse. ;)

Edit: An Update

• Haha
Reactions: jmorovich

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
28-15, Heat, at the end of the 1st qtr.

Danny Green is out for the rest of the game.

The Sixers were 4/12 from 3-pt land in the 1st qtr.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
49-48, Heat, at the half.

The Heat are 20/42 in field goals, and the Sixers are 18/45.

The Heat are 4/15 in 3-pt shots, and the Sixers are 8/21

The Heat have 24 rebounds, and the Sixers have 17

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
ugh, Danny Green gets carried off the court midway thru the 1st qtr. Embid landed on his leg. Seemed like possibly a knee injury or an ankle sprain.

@jmorovich -- don't you bring back the curse. ;)

Edit: An Update

I am single handedly wrecking the Sixers! It’s 100% my fault that everything they try to do on offense is painful. I can’t help myself…I refuse to turn it off! They have to fight through the curse. I’ve been helping them every playoff season by turning games off. It’s time they step up and make this happen!!

Video of Joel coming out at halftime…

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
end of the 3rd qtr, 74-63, Heat.

Just a disaster for the Sixers. They were outscored 25-15 in the qtr.

For the game, the Heat are shooting 50% (31/62) while the Sixers are shooting 35.3% (24/68).

Nothing in this game points to the Sixers mounting a great comeback in the 4th qtr. Hopefully, they'll prove me wrong.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
It was crazy to see Spolstra listen to Jimmy Butler when he said he didn’t foul Shake and challenge the call. Not a chance in HELL Glen Would have challenged that. He would have bent over, taken the 3 fouls shots, and waved his hands at the refs.

this team needs a different voice and leader. The only good that can come from this loss is kicking Glen to the curb before the clock strikes midnight.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Disappointing end to a season that had a lot of promise and excitement. Just not sure what they gotta do to get over the hump, but they don't seem to know, either.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
The Sixers have squandered The Process. Sadly. This roster is a mess. I’m not sure where Morey goes from here. Harris and Harden need to go. That leaves them with Embiid and Maxey, and a mess of a cap situation.

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Let’s face it. Jimmy is right. He’s a super clutch player. They may have a title in hand had they kept him.
I was acknowledging that he is probably right (but still a douche). That said, he did have a chance in Philly with Embid and Simmons (when he was playing well) and could not get past Toronto so he should quit bitching. Not to mention, he is a volatile person that can blow up a team, so it wasn't like keeping him was a no-brainer.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
This article shows the two biggest reasons to get rid of Glen Rivers but they chose to keep him. This just comes down to the owners not wanting to pay Glen to go away. It’s that simple. He’s a coach that openly brags about not practicing, belittles the press when questioned about his decisions and then does the opposite of what he $hits on them about (for examples see sitting Ben Simmons so he isn’t fouled in ‘21 playoffs and playing Paul Reed in ‘22 playoffs), makes no effort to try new things during the season to possibly help in the playoffs (young players, small lineups, mixed lineups) so he can stack regular season wins for his talking points, doesn’t want to play and groom young talent, and worse off doesn’t seem to get any passion from his players. So disappointing that he’s gonna be back on the bench next year. Second round exits HERE WE COME!!