2021-22 Sixers Thread

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
This article shows the two biggest reasons to get rid of Glen Rivers but they chose to keep him. This just comes down to the owners not wanting to pay Glen to go away. It’s that simple. He’s a coach that openly brags about not practicing, belittles the press when questioned about his decisions and then does the opposite of what he $hits on them about (for examples see sitting Ben Simmons so he isn’t fouled in ‘21 playoffs and playing Paul Reed in ‘22 playoffs), makes no effort to try new things during the season to possibly help in the playoffs (young players, small lineups, mixed lineups) so he can stack regular season wins for his talking points, doesn’t want to play and groom young talent, and worse off doesn’t seem to get any passion from his players. So disappointing that he’s gonna be back on the bench next year. Second round exits HERE WE COME!!

The roster isn’t that great either. Embiid is amazing. Maxey can become an All Star too. Harden is past it in a big way. He gave them more than Simmons, but isn’t getting them a title. Same with Harris. Solid role player. Not a star or worth max money.

No coach is going to win a title with that roster.

Reactions: jmorovich

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
The roster isn’t that great either. Embiid is amazing. Maxey can become an All Star too. Harden is past it in a big way. He gave them more than Simmons, but isn’t getting them a title. Same with Harris. Solid role player. Not a star or worth max money.

No coach is going to win a title with that roster.
I absolutely agree with you that this team is not just a coach away. But…that is one of the main issues that is holding this team back in my opinion. My concern is, the clippers had what many considered to be one of the best rosters in the nba that season and they lost a 3-1 lead in the second round. By most accounts because in true Glen form he didn’t make any changes during the series. The following year without Khawi Ty Lue took the clippers to the western conference finals. Sometimes a different voice does make a big difference when it comes to player buy in and attitude.

Reactions: WestSideLion

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
I guess it could be worse….we could all be Suns fans!! There would be a full fledged riot in the Wells Fargo center if this was Philly doing this in a game 7 🤣🤣

Love watching Devon Booker get slapped around for as much **** as he talks.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
Sixers: Sports media is gonna be talking about our coach and James Harden’s issues and contract all playoffs now.

Suns:

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew
Nov 1, 2021
I think trading Ben Simmons was the best opportunity for Morey to get this team to the finals. Instead, his obsession with Harden I think has hamstrung this team for the near future. So now he's gotta have to hit on a draft pick and have Thybulle or Springer improve to starter status.

PSU Chicago

Oct 9, 2021
I don't think Morey right after the Sixers got bounced would've answered that question any other way, no matter what the plans are for next year.

Fans always want the sports team owners, GMs and coaches to be like them ... complain loudly and often and blame everyone but yourself. They cannot do that, certainly with the modern players. That is why we will never know what they truly think.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021

His sister is an attention ***** and truly hateable.

You never hear a word from Al. He lets his $h1t talking family do all the yappin. It’s a shame because he seems like a nice guy but because of his family I hope he never wins anything. It’s funny how they just don’t get it when it comes to the Philly/Celtics rivalry and WHY we didn’t like him when he played in Boston. He got all the love when he was here. He also didn’t fit. Then his family started popping off in typical Horford sibling style and the fans turned. Now he’s a Celtic again so he’s hated. They can all go eat glass for all I care. Funny how he’s in the finals…Al is back “home”…but all they want to talk about it Philly.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
I feel like there’s so many moving parts in the league with the draft tonight. One interesting team is the Nets. If they stick by their guns and Kyrie leaves and this makes KD demand a trade it would be sweet poetic justice for only Ben Simmons to be left on that team. Wonder if they would move on from him as well since it seems like he has zero desire to play again.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
My friends and I are talking, if Kyrie does leave and KD wants out would you trade Joel for KD?

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
My friends and I are talking, if Kyrie does leave and KD wants out would you trade Joel for KD?

hmm, that's a tough one.

I'd say no, in large part because KD will be 34 before the start of the upcoming season, while Embiid will be 28. And while there is concern that Joel's body will start to break down in the coming years, KD already seems to have started that process.