2021-22 Sixers Thread

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
What an insane day…PSU gets the King Commitment, USC & UCLA are joining the big ten, NBA free agency starts, AND Nets are trying to trade KD!! Sensory overload!!!

Side note…super excited for Ben Simmons to play beside Kyrie Irving. Karma is a fickle 8itch!!

EDIT: just reported that Kyrie will now be on the market. Ben Simmons might just retire from basketball

Last edited:
Reactions: Nitwit

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
What an insane day…PSU gets the King Commitment, USC & UCLA are joining the big ten, NBA free agency starts, AND Nets are trying to trade KD!! Sensory overload!!!

Side note…super excited for Ben Simmons to play beside Kyrie Irving. Karma is a fickle 8itch!!

EDIT: just reported that Kyrie will now be on the market. Ben Simmons might just retire from basketball
Hasn’t he already retired?

Reactions: PSU2169

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
The Nets just became The Process 2.0. They are going to own the most first round picks in league history. If the chips fall right and there are generational players that we don’t even know about yet in high school, the Nets have a good chance of getting them over the next x years. They were a KD toenail away from probably winning the title a couple of years back to this. Amazing.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
The Nets just became The Process 2.0. They are going to own the most first round picks in league history. If the chips fall right and there are generational players that we don’t even know about yet in high school, the Nets have a good chance of getting them over the next x years. They were a KD toenail away from probably winning the title a couple of years back to this. Amazing.
Kyrie seems to have been taken by surprise. The timing of the KD trade demand, right after Kyrie opts in, makes you wonder.

Edit I’m reading that Kyrie was not blindsided by KD’s trade demand; he knew it was a possibility.

Last edited:

Bison13

Oct 13, 2021

Coached Trev one summer and coached against him for two others when he was in Maryland. Very talented kid but man was he a head case and had terrible leadership from his people. His family was worthless and the people that he confided in only cared about him trying to make them money in basketball so he was a real a hole in school getting kicked out of two places before going to Florida. Once he came back he shot up to about 6’4 and became much more athletic and confident in his abilities. A few other coaches in Maryland made some phone calls and got him out to a Juci and as the article says he just did whatever it took to get a shot.

K-Live

Oct 6, 2021

Tom, if you scroll down that twitter post, there is reference that the Sixers will push for Durant. Whatcha think about that; possible? I personally like Durant a lot, but would not necessarily give up players like Maxey to get him. Not sure a pure money deal gets him. He's getting up there in age and durability is a question mark. Tends to miss weeks on end with injuries, but when in the lineup, and other stars around him, lookout!

Reactions: WestSideLion

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Tom, if you scroll down that twitter post, there is reference that the Sixers will push for Durant. Whatcha think about that; possible? I personally like Durant a lot, but would not necessarily give up players like Maxey to get him. Not sure a pure money deal gets him. He's getting up there in age and durability is a question mark. Tends to miss weeks on end with injuries, but when in the lineup, and other stars around him, lookout!
I don’t see a world where the Sixers can get Durant. What am I missing?

Who would they send as comp and a salary offset? Embiid? Harris, Maxey and first rounders for a decade?

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
I don’t see a world where the Sixers can get Durant. What am I missing?

Who would they send as comp and a salary offset? Embiid? Harris, Maxey and first rounders for a decade?
You are correct. The Sixers don’t have enough assets. They can easily put players together to get Durant in Harris, Maxey, and Thybulle but the 26 draft picks and swaps until 2033 would be the problem. The Sixers don’t have those assets. The T-wolves gave up 4 first rounders for Rudy Gobert. The Nets are going to want an insane amount of picks for a top 5 player. Here’s the latest:

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021
Durant is a great player when he’s not on the bench injured. I’d much rather hold onto young healthy players who want to play every day. Thybulle can be coached to shoot more often and you can’t replace his defense. I wouldn’t trade him. Harris is more expendable IMHO for another 3 point shooter who can play defense. I’d keep Kurmaz and try to find a role for him. He was a mystery this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: K-Live