2022-23 PSU WBB Thread

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
It was 51-31 at the end of 3 quarters. Yikes!
Yes. Our ladies (can I still call them that?) scored 24 in the 4th quarter after getting just 5 in the 3rd. Go figure. 🙃
Coach K is now 16-54 (.229) in her 5th year of BigTen play.

Last edited:

NavyBlue

Nov 5, 2021
Yes. Our ladies (can I still call them that?) scored 24 in the 4th quarter after getting just 5 in the 3rd. Go figure. 🙃
I had the sound turned off on B10Plus -- not sure if OSU had their back ups in for the 4th quarter. Marisa got to the rim at will and made a couple of long 3s. The offense is difficult to watch with a lot of standing around while Marisa works like hell to free herself for a shot.

Reactions: fairgambit

NavyBlue

Nov 5, 2021

What's worse is that the final scores are misleading. This one was 57 to 34 at halftime and there have been numerous 20+ deficits at halftime. The team isn't competitive and the article's comment on "massive strides" is hard to comprehend. The team has less talent that Coach Kieger's first year and that doesn't bode well for next year as many of the minutes graduate. Will Marisa return for a COVID year? AD Kraft is in a tough position. I hate the idea of paying someone not to coach, but how far do you let the program fall?

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
The regular season ends with an 80-65 home loss to a below average MSU team. Coach K is now 16-57 in conference play during her 4 years here.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

Minny rallied late, but PSU wins 72-67. Their 1st win in the B1G tourney since 2018 (I think). PSU with some key FTs and rebounds in the last minute.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: BobPSU92

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021
Who was it that suffered the ankle injury? It looked to be very serious.

Mrdibbs

Oct 12, 2021
Who was it that suffered the ankle injury? It looked to be very serious.
Shay Ciezki, freshman guard.

I haven't watch too much of Lady Lion hoops since about mid-season. I did tune in a few minutes after tipoff and was pleasantly surprised that they had a lead. My opinion is that Ciezki provides the ball handling and shooting that takes the overall burden from Marisa.

Minnesota really made a great comeback, especially after Ciezki suffered the injury.

Marisa really pulled the game out at the end.

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021
Shay Ciezki, freshman guard.

I haven't watch too much of Lady Lion hoops since about mid-season. I did tune in a few minutes after tipoff and was pleasantly surprised that they had a lead. My opinion is that Ciezki provides the ball handling and shooting that takes the overall burden from Marisa.

Minnesota really made a great comeback, especially after Ciezki suffered the injury.

Marisa really pulled the game out at the end.
It doesn’t appear that Ciezki will be able to play tomorrow. Tough loss for the team if so.

Latest posts