2022-23 Sixers Thread

K-Live

Oct 6, 2021
Agree on the effort from Embiid last night; he looked really out of it (tired?). This brutal second half schedule maybe finally really catching up with them; and that's not good heading into the playoffs. Might need to get more guys rested and be resigned to possibly finishing 4th in the conference. With Dallas coming up Monday and dates still on the schedule with the Bucks and Celtics, I don't see any way they are catching those two. The Cav's are also right on their heels as well although we do get the tie-breaker with them, but may not matter. Outside of the energizer bunny Maxie, the team overall look gassed last night in Phoenix.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Frustrating effort Monday evening against the Nuggets, but not totally unexpected with Embiid and Harden out.

The missed call against the Nuggets near the end of the game (Sixers trailing by 3, and trying to get the ball back) was brutal. That will be addressed in the next post.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
@Tom McAndrew was at the game last night with son and had a great time. Sat right behind the Sixers bench. Had a great chance to just listen to the players and coaches. Joel was incredibly disconnected. Not sure what that was all about. My son is a huge BBall Paul fan and wore his jersey. During one timeout Bball seen him, smiled, and pointed at him nodding his head. Made for a great memory for him.

Overall didn’t seem like a good game for the Sixers (always hard to really tell when you are at the game). Played uneven but got the win. At this point I would be happy if they played Harden and Embiid every other game just to get them rest for the playoffs.

Total stunner that they won. Not only was I watching but I was actually IN THE BUILDING! I thought they were setup for sure doom and disaster!

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
I didn’t even watch! That was all on them. I checked the box score and it looks like Glen was tinkering with the lineup given some of the minutes I seen bench guys have. Maybe getting some playoffs lineups together. Hopefully they sit Joel & James since they are locked into the 3. Let’s just get the playoffs started!

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I didn’t even watch! That was all on them. I checked the box score and it looks like Glen was tinkering with the lineup given some of the minutes I seen bench guys have. Maybe getting some playoffs lineups together. Hopefully they sit Joel & James since they are locked into the 3. Let’s just get the playoffs started!

I only watched @ 10 minutes, so I don't know all the reasons for the tinkering. Maxey was out with neck stiffness, so Melton started in his place. Then Melton got injured in the 2nd half. That probably accounted for some of the lineup juggling, and then when the score got out of reach, Doc pulled Embiid at the end of the 3rd qtr.

So much for Fan Appreciation night.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
Looks like I’m gonna get a healthy dose of Paul Reed with a sprinkle of G-League champ Jaden Springer and Dunk contest reviver Mac McClung! This is a game I’m gonna enjoy ALOT!

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
One thing I appreciate about the NFL and Premier League is that the games start at the announced starting time.

Latest posts