2022-23 Sixers Thread

LafayetteBear

Oct 12, 2021
What a fricking GREAT game!! Harden was the truth! I'm ultimately a Dubs fan, but Sixers-Celtics is absolute must see TV. Harden (with a little help from Maxey) did it with Embiid on the bench. Just wow. Shutting up the Celtics fans in THEIR house is MONEY.

LafayetteBear

Oct 12, 2021
Paul Reed…Aka…B-Ball Paul…aka…Playoff Paul…aka…Certified Playoff Beast…aka…THE NEW BOSTON STRANGLER!! 4 of the coldest free throws I’ve ever seen in a hostile environment in a big time spot.
Yeah, that dude Reed was STONE COLD. It's SO HARD to do that under that kind of playoff pressure. In Boston. Big props to Reed.

K-Live

Oct 6, 2021
Paul Reed…Aka…B-Ball Paul…aka…Playoff Paul…aka…Certified Playoff Beast…aka…THE NEW BOSTON STRANGLER!! 4 of the coldest free throws I’ve ever seen in a hostile environment in a big time spot.
HAHAHA, you said it! My wife and I were watching and when Paul got fouled I said to my wife "oh God, Paul struggles at the line and we really need these points... this is a typical Philly way to end a close game...then money!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Embiid is really bringing it on D. Very impressive. Broughton playing lights out for Boston.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
This looks like it’s over. Celtics can’t miss a shot and Sixers can’t make a shot. Oh well. If you told me they left Boston 1-1 with Embiid looking healthier than expected with a best of 5 series and homecourt, I’d sign up for it 100 out of 100 times.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
This looks like it’s over. Celtics can’t miss a shot and Sixers can’t make a shot. Oh well. If you told me they left Boston 1-1 with Embiid looking healthier than expected with a best of 5 series and homecourt, I’d sign up for it 100 out of 100 times.
Scrubs are playing for both teams.

ILLINOISLION

Oct 12, 2021
Going home 1-1 ain’t all bad. I’d have said “thank you, I’ll take that” before game one!

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
Maybe this will help…James Harden is cooked.

There, I said it. Now prove me wrong like you did in game 1 James. Hopefully my horrendous hot takes streak keeps going.

yboby

Oct 6, 2021
Boston's guards are just so much better than Philly's. Front court an edge to Philly due to Embiid but it's not enough to compensate for the big gap in guard play.

K-Live

Oct 6, 2021
Maybe this will help…James Harden is cooked.

There, I said it. Now prove me wrong like you did in game 1 James. Hopefully my horrendous hot takes streak keeps going.
Unfortunately. everything about his game right now is sloooooow and predictable - his cross-over, his patented step-back, and his drive to the hoop. He's not fooling anyone and is so easy to defend. Boston and Denver will be a fun matchup for the championship while Philly will be once again watching from home after a good season and their usual 2nd round exit. How this team could not get any juice from the MVP ceremony is really, really disappointing. Was Joel's MVP trophy their version of a championship? The game one win was a struggle and likely their last win in the season.

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021
Unfortunately. everything about his game right now is sloooooow and predictable - his cross-over, his patented step-back, and his drive to the hoop. He's not fooling anyone and is so easy to defend. Boston and Denver will be a fun matchup for the championship while Philly will be once again watching from home after a good season and their usual 2nd round exit. How this team could not get any juice from the MVP ceremony is really, really disappointing. Was Joel's MVP trophy their version of a championship? The game one win was a struggle and likely their last win in the season.
An ugly win is better than an ugly loss. The big man was much crisper tonight and 42 points from Hardin including the game winner in OT was Just enough to win by a split second. It’s all tied up. I can’t see them taking the series but you never know. To me - Maxey is the big disappointment. He’s missing layups and firing up lots of poor shots. He needs to get his game in order and become more of a scorer for this team to win.

K-Live

Oct 6, 2021
An ugly win is better than an ugly loss. The big man was much crisper tonight and 42 points from Hardin including the game winner in OT was Just enough to win by a split second. It’s all tied up. I can’t see them taking the series but you never know. To me - Maxey is the big disappointment. He’s missing layups and firing up lots of poor shots. He needs to get his game in order and become more of a scorer for this team to win.
I completely agree, and this is a time I’m glad to be wrong. I truly thought the Sixers would not win another game. Whatever switch Harden turned on for games 1 and 4, he needs to leave it on, and break the switch in the on position so it can’t be turned off. Too many Boston scorers and not enough Sixers scorers. We need “Houston Harden” for this series.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
@jmorovich -- what an unbelievable game. Boston must have thought this guy was back in the building:

Andrew Toney – Philadelphia 76ersMore 80s & 90s NBA gifs at ...

Reactions: jmorovich

Latest posts