2022-23 Sixers Thread

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
A couple of weeks ago I read an article saying that opposing coaches had figured out Maxey: force him to his left. I recall that article having contained multiple videos of Maxey being forced to abort while going left. I watched the first half of the Brooklyn game yesterday and saw Maxey repeatedly going to his left and getting to the basket. He was a stud last night.

Relayer

Oct 12, 2021
How can Allie LaForce not ask Embiid about his flagrant and his opinion of what happened? That's bargain basement reporting at its finest. Terrible job by her.

PSUriseANDfire

Oct 12, 2021
Last night was a huge win, IMO. We lose 5hat game in playoffs past. Get it over with Saturday and a long break.

The officials need reprimanded for the handling of that game.

Reactions: LionsRoar89

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
Just a disgusting half of basketball by the sixers. Shooting 34% from the field and 18% from three. Gonna be interesting to see what Glen does in this second half. I would love to see him run everything through Tyrese. Harden is washed when asked to carry a team. Tobias having a decent game. Hoping they close out so Joel can rest. I’m worried they lose and this starts to look like the Raptors series last year and force Joel to come back to soon.

Reactions: Nitwit

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Just a disgusting half of basketball by the sixers. Shooting 34% from the field and 18% from three. Gonna be interesting to see what Glen does in this second half. I would love to see him run everything through Tyrese. Harden is washed when asked to carry a team. Tobias having a decent game. Hoping they close out so Joel can rest. I’m worried they lose and this starts to look like the Raptors series last year and force Joel to come back to soon.
I watched for a consistent ten-minute spell and Harden was pretty good during that stretch. He gave his guys a goodly number of open looks. You gotta make your corner threes.

Joe Harris has got nothing this afternoon. Brutal.

Reactions: jmorovich

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
I’m not saying he doesn’t have his moments but he is so inconsistent. He just had 2 straight trips down the court where he almost lost it on a lazy pass and then got his pocket picked and fell down giving the nets an easy layup. Not to mention once he gets into the lane he has real trouble finishing. I’m hoping he played well, I just feel like I’ve seen this movie with Harden before. Of course while typing this he hit a 3 and set PJ up for another 3 so….I want you all know my posts don’t always age well 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: LionJim

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
Paul Reed…”CPB”. Certified Playoff Beast!

Pocono Lion

Oct 7, 2021
Nice to see the Hawks take game 5, let them beat each other up for a full 7 games.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Nice to see the Hawks take game 5, let them beat each other up for a full 7 games.

Yeah, the Hawks outscored the Celtics 37-25 in the 4th qtr to win by 2 points, 119-117. Trae Young nailed a long 3-pter with 1.8 sec. left in the game.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Yeah, the Hawks outscored the Celtics 37-25 in the 4th qtr to win by 2 points, 119-117. Trae Young nailed a long 3-pter with 1.8 sec. left in the game.

I just now caught the Atlanta-Boston highlights on NBA TV. Good God almighty, Trae Young can hoop.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Celtics win game 6 against the Hawks, 128-120, to win the series 4-2. The Sixers will next take on the Celtics.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
So just seen this. I don’t pretend to understand what a takes to be an elite athlete in a professional sport. But when you know your MVP candidate is hurt and you haven’t been in the best of shape and had injuries yourself, WHY are you spending time partying in Vegas with a second round series coming up against team you are not favored against. Things like this are just bad optics. I didn’t have a ton of faith going into this series WITH a healthy Embiid given the Sixers history against the C’s. With the news he probably won’t play in game 1 and probably will be compromised in games 2 & 3, I just can’t see how they win this series.

Win round 1, Embiid gets hurt, punt on games 1 & 2, lose series. Rinse and repeat. God I hope I’m wrong!!! My prediction…4-2 Celtics. Unless we get really inspiring play by Paul Reed, Maxey, and Tobias and Joe Mazzulla completely ruins the C’s lineups like he did against Atlanta.