141- PSU #1- 1st. MI #6- 4th
149- PSU #7- 7th. MI #11- 8th
157- PSU #10- 3rd. MI #3- 2nd
165- PSU #10- DNP. MI #4- 2nd
174- PSU #1- 1st. MI #2- 2nd
184- PSU #1- 2nd. MI #2- 1st
197- PSU #2- 1st. MI #5- 3rd
285- PSU #3- 3rd. MI #4- 4th

MI wrestled to seed 3 weight classes, outperformed seed in the other 7 weight classes. Yes we can pick at certain weight classes (125 and 165, especially 125), or particular matches (Kerk vs Cass or Brooks vs Amine), but the Wolverines put on one hell of a performance. They earned it.
Without our pins, UM runs away with it. They had 7 first round matches, we had 4. Whatever, time to win on their home turf

Last edited:

AK1967

Dec 9, 2021
Everyone get your tickets NOW for Nationals. It’s going to be a war against Michigan. Still believe 100 percent we have a great shot to be National Champions. We all know the Michigan turnout will be great so let’s match them. It’s going to take EVERYONE. WE ARE.

AK1967

Dec 9, 2021
Without our pins, UM runs away with it. They had 7 first round matches, we had 4. Whatever, time to win on their home turf
Let’s move forward. What’s done is done. The real prize is in Detroit Michigan in less than 2 weeks. PSU had a poor showing at big tens. Let’s ALL do our part. I got my 8 tickets and looking to get 4 more. We MUST outnumber the Michigan crowd and for as much as we hate Michigan I would think PSU fans step up. Big crowds influence Refs big time as Cael says stay on the Refs 🥇

watoos

Oct 31, 2021
Everyone get your tickets NOW for Nationals. It’s going to be a war against Michigan. Still believe 100 percent we have a great shot to be National Champions. We all know the Michigan turnout will be great so let’s match them. It’s going to take EVERYONE. WE ARE.
Meatchicken is not going to win Nationals.

Reactions: LB99

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Others awards handed out at the end of the B1G Tournament:

- B1G Freshman of the Year: Dean Hamiti (Wisconsin)
- B1G Wrestler of the Year: Gable Steveson (Wisconsin)
- B1G Coach of the Year: Sean Bormet (Michigan)

AK1967

Dec 9, 2021
Let’s move forward to Nationals please. I’m feeling very confident so long as EVERYONE gets their tickets and matches the Michigan and Iowa crowds. Big tens were actually embarrassing fan show up for being the #1 team in the country. I’ll be heading home tomorrow but our crowd was very disappointing. Let’s ALL please not let that happen for Nationals. If you can’t get your tickets through the PSU site try to the Lock Haven or other school

Reactions: Hetzel Union

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
Things that would have made the difference in the team race.
Not having 6 byes, no opportunity for bonus.
Hildebrandt winning one in championship side
Berge beating lewan
Brooks beating amine
Kerk beating cass
Rivera not mff to micic
Any one of those is the difference. Perfect storm for Michigan, they should enjoy it. Not happening in 2 weeks

furrdogg

Sep 27, 2021
Well let’s all get there and make sure PSU wins the National Championship. Time to get dead serious about showing up for our team.
Tix are freaking expensive. For the championship round on Saturday night it’s over $200 a seat. Wanted take the family but it’d cost over a grand.

AK1967

Dec 9, 2021
Tix are freaking expensive. For the championship round on Saturday night it’s over $200 a seat. Wanted take the family but it’d cost over a grand.
No. Wrong. You can get through other schools too. Hey go once. It’s a once in a lifetime you’ll never forget trust me. I’ve been to the last 8 years of Nationals. It’s something I look forward to every year. The atmosphere is simply INSANE. You can’t put a price on it trust me. I got all sessions for $300. I would pay $700 if I had to because WE NEED people and voices to win this National Championship. I guy yesterday ask me……Where’s all the PSU fans ? I was SO EMBARRASSED……Come on were the #1 team in the country. Imagine Alabama fans not packing the house for the National Championship in football ? Exactly it would NEVER happen.

AK1967

Dec 9, 2021
Things that would have made the difference in the team race.
Not having 6 byes, no opportunity for bonus.
Hildebrandt winning one in championship side
Berge beating lewan
Brooks beating amine
Kerk beating cass
Rivera not mff to micic
Any one of those is the difference. Perfect storm for Michigan, they should enjoy it. Not happening in 2 weeks
Amine played possum and Brooks fell for it the last 30 seconds in 3rd period. You gotta blast double Amine with of course a great set up. DT destroyers him. Brooks needs to think I’m going to major him instead of beating him by 2 or 3 points….Hopefully Brooks gets in better shape because he physically and mentally broke to a wrestler that he is better then. Too many pats on the back from people over the last 2 weeks !!!! As Nick Saban says it’s Rat poison from media and people….

Last edited:
Reactions: GoPennState97

Alphalion75

Oct 21, 2021
No. Wrong. You can get through other schools too. Hey go once. It’s a once in a lifetime you’ll never forget trust me. I’ve been to the last 8 years of Nationals. It’s something I look forward to every year. The atmosphere is simply INSANE. You can’t put a price on it trust me. I got all sessions for $300. I would pay $700 if I had to because WE NEED people and voices to win this National Championship. I guy yesterday ask me……Where’s all the PSU fans ? I was SO EMBARRASSED……Come on were the #1 team in the country. Imagine Alabama fans not packing the house for the National Championship in football ? Exactly it would NEVER happen.

J.E.B

Oct 30, 2021
125- PSU 2 seed finished 10th
MI 1 seed - 1st
133- PSU 1 seed - 1st. MI #5- 3rd
141- PSU #1- 1st. MI #6- 4th
149- PSU #7- 7th. MI #11- 8th
157- PSU #10- 3rd. MI #3- 2nd
165- PSU #10- DNP. MI #4- 2nd
174- PSU #1- 1st. MI #2- 2nd
184- PSU #1- 2nd. MI #2- 1st
197- PSU #2- 1st. MI #5- 3rd
285- PSU #3- 3rd. MI #4- 4th

MI wrestled to seed 3 weight classes, outperformed seed in the other 7 weight classes. Yes we can pick at certain weight classes (125 and 165, especially 125), or particular matches (Kerk vs Cass or Brooks vs Amine), but the Wolverines put on one hell of a performance. They earned it.
Kudos to scUM! Everything broke their way. They had 9 top 4 placers with two winners. Every guy finished ahead or equal to seed. PSU had two guys under perform to seed and one of them was Brooks. Iowa had 4 guys under perform. B1Gs is just a tuneup and always has been.

Oct 15, 2021
I don't know what you're talking about "you can get through other schools". Here are the requirements for getting tickets through lock haven and I doubt your average PSU fan meets any of these.

Tier 1:

-Lock Haven University alumni

-Family within the LHU Wrestling program

-Pledged Named LHU Wrestling Scholarship

*Maximum number of tickets requested = 6

Tier 2:

-LHU Wrestling season ticket holder

-Annual donor/sponsor to the LHU Wrestling program

-*Maximum number of tickets requested = 4

I get your excited and I'm all for encouraging people to go support the team, but you need to chill out a little. I would have been kind of pissed if I paid for tickets and a hotel go to B1Gs and like 40% of the medal matches didn't even happen. 2 of the finals were forfeits! I'm sure we'll have a solid turn out for Nationals, like we usually do, but not being able to take the time off work or drop close to $1,000 per person doesn't make someone a bad fan. We had a pretty impressive tournament last year with no fans, and they certainly help, but what Cael is doing in the room today will have much more of an impact on our NCAA results than a handful of extra fans in a Giant arena. Also you realize football only has 2 teams in the National Championship right? It's a lot easier to get a ticket to the NCAA football championship when you have half the tickets in a huge football stadium reserved for your team.

Alphalion75

Oct 21, 2021
I don't know what you're talking about "you can get through other schools". Here are the requirements for getting tickets through lock haven and I doubt your average PSU fan meets any of these.

Tier 1:

Tier 2:

I get your excited and I'm all for encouraging people to go support the team, but you need to chill out a little. I would have been kind of pissed if I paid for tickets and a hotel go to B1Gs and like 40% of the medal matches didn't even happen. 2 of the finals were forfeits! I'm sure we'll have a solid turn out for Nationals, like we usually do, but not being able to take the time off work or drop close to $1,000 per person doesn't make someone a bad fan. We had a pretty impressive tournament last year with no fans, and they certainly help, but what Cael is doing in the room today will have much more of an impact on our NCAA results than a handful of extra fans in a Giant arena. Also you realize football only has 2 teams in the National Championship right? It's a lot easier to get a ticket to the NCAA football championship when you have half the tickets in a huge football stadium reserved for your team.

AK1967

Dec 9, 2021

Tier 1:

Tier 2:

Lol. Theirs ways Bernard. Don’t matter long as we’re there. 👍

Reactions: Bernard Shakey

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

From the article:
"Finally, Creighton Edsell did not earn an automatic bid at 165. He now waits to see if he is awarded an at-large bid next Wednesday to take him to Detroit."

@NewYorkNittany did a nice analysis of the situation with Edsell Sunday morning in the Session 3 thread:

He updated that post once or twice in the thread.

@SetonHallPirate looked at things from a slightly different angle on his web site. He did it for all weights, and called it the "NCAA Allocation Police Blotter." From his description:

“Victims” refer to those who earned an allocation for their conference, but will be relying on an at-large bid, “Thieves” refer to those who did not earn an allocation for their conference during the regular season, but finished with an allocated spot and will be going to nationals.

You can find the Pirate's info for all the weight classes at:

For 165, here's what he has in the Blotter:

"Thieves: Brevin Cassella, Binghamton; Andrew Nicholson, Chattanooga; Austin Wilson, Nebraska; David Ferrante, Northwestern; Matthew Olguin, Oregon State
Victims: William Formato, Appalachian State; Anthony Valencia, Arizona State; Dan Braunagel, Illinois; Brian Meyer, Lehigh; Creighton Edsell, Penn State"

You could make a strong case that those five wrestlers (the ones listed as Victims) are battling for the two at-large slots at 165. I'll leave it for others to do a comparative analysis on the five (using the last Coaches Poll, and the RPI).

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
From the article:
"Finally, Creighton Edsell did not earn an automatic bid at 165. He now waits to see if he is awarded an at-large bid next Wednesday to take him to Detroit."

@NewYorkNittany did a nice analysis of the situation with Edsell Sunday morning in the Session 3 thread:

@SetonHallPirate looked at things from a slightly different angle on his web site. He did it for all weights, and called it the "NCAA Allocation Police Blotter." From his description:

“Victims” refer to those who earned an allocation for their conference, but will be relying on an at-large bid, “Thieves” refer to those who did not earn an allocation for their conference during the regular season, but finished with an allocated spot and will be going to nationals.

"Thieves: Brevin Cassella, Binghamton; Andrew Nicholson, Chattanooga; Austin Wilson, Nebraska; David Ferrante, Northwestern; Matthew Olguin, Oregon State
Victims: William Formato, Appalachian State; Anthony Valencia, Arizona State; Dan Braunagel, Illinois; Brian Meyer, Lehigh; Creighton Edsell, Penn State"

You could make a strong case that those five wrestlers (the ones listed as Victims) are battling for the two at-large slots at 165. I'll leave it for others to do a comparative analysis on the five (using the last Coaches Poll, and the RPI).
Tom, great insight, thank you!

IronLion

Oct 12, 2021
From the article:

Just don’t see how Edsall gets an At-Large bid given his lackluster Big 10s combined with a mediocre resume with no real “big” wins that I can think of that would help justify. Hope he gets it but think he doesn’t really deserve it.