2022 Phillies Thread

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
FYI coming from a Braves fan. The Phils won't have to face a Braves lineup with Freddie Freeman again. My thoughts are he ends up a Dodger, where the rich get richer.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
FYI coming from a Braves fan. The Phils won't have to face a Braves lineup with Freddie Freeman again. My thoughts are he ends up a Dodger, where the rich get richer.

Wow, Freddy Freeman leaving Atlanta? That’s big, the end of an era. He and the Braves had a great run together.

Reactions: Shadow99 and PSUJam

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021

Dodgers are definitely the heavy favorite there, no question about that.

Also: Hello to all you fellow Phillies and baseball fans! Looking forward to another summer of torture. Hopefully they don't set the blown saves record two years running.

Reactions: Shadow99 and PSUJam

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021

I know Harper wanted his buddy here but give me KK and Nick/Schwarber in the outfield and I’ll roll. I suspect it’s Schwarber since he’d hit leadoff.

It’s been too long. Looking forward to being back where I belong. Behind the dish on Saturday but it’s supposed to dicey weather Sat here inClearwater.

Reactions: GregPickel

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
I know Harper wanted his buddy here but give me KK and Nick/Schwarber in the outfield and I’ll roll. I suspect it’s Schwarber since he’d hit leadoff.

It’s been too long. Looking forward to being back where I belong. Behind the dish on Saturday but it’s supposed to dicey weather Sat here inClearwater.
Enjoy! Definitely want to get down to spring training again. Was too hard to plan this year but maybe not. It’s a blast.

LundyPSU

Oct 14, 2021
I much prefer signing Bryant over the others. Still solid offensively and gives them more flexibility defensively. He can play 3rd (and I assume 1st), as well as all 3 OF positions. AND and he doesn't cost draft pick compensation like Castellanos and Schwarber would.

As for Familia and Hand, certainly no worse than Bradley and Neris. Neris got more $ and he seems to fall into the same routine each year. Counted on to be the closer, blows a bunch of games, gets taken out of that role, gets back on track and then solid after the team is out of contention. Hangs the splitter too much to be dependable as a closer.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
I much prefer signing Bryant over the others. Still solid offensively and gives them more flexibility defensively. He can play 3rd (and I assume 1st), as well as all 3 OF positions. AND and he doesn't cost draft pick compensation like Castellanos and Schwarber would.

As for Familia and Hand, certainly no worse than Bradley and Neris. Neris got more $ and he seems to fall into the same routine each year. Counted on to be the closer, blows a bunch of games, gets taken out of that role, gets back on track and then solid after the team is out of contention. Hangs the splitter too much to be dependable as a closer.
Here's just hoping Hand remembers how to pitch again!

RyanSnyder

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
They’re doing a daily podcast now during the season. I enjoy Jim. He does a good job.

RyanSnyder

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021

Lets Go Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

Reactions: NittanyLionHeart

RyanSnyder

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Now Bryant next.
Time to say FU to the luxury tax!!

I wish. I think we're down to like $11 million or so after Schwarber, pretax. I love that he's a lefty. Phils need a solid left handed bat. Harper is really the only one aside from Didi, which as we all know, he may not even be in the lineup with Stott moving up

RyanSnyder

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
I wish. I think we're down to like $11 million or so after Schwarber, pretax. I love that he's a lefty. Phils need a solid left handed bat. Harper is really the only one aside from Didi, which as we all know, he may not even be in the lineup with Stott moving up

Actually, I think Stott is a lefty, too, so that's good. Still, they need proven left handed bats.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
How might Didi leaving impact the bottom line?

LundyPSU

Oct 14, 2021
I hope this means Hoskins to DH and Schwarbs to 1B. This is a well below avg fielding team. And still need OF's

Latest posts