2022 PSU WVB Thread

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021
The ladies played really well tonight. Their defense and passing were crisp. And they got key kills at the net it seemed whenever they needed a big point. Kudos to coach Katie for getting 2 nice B10 road wins this weekend. The team looked really well prepared.

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021
I really like the job Katie is doing. She looks like she would love to still be playing herself and her enthusiasm is infectious.

Reactions: BobPSU92

Pocono Lion

Oct 7, 2021
I think PSU caught a break on the match point. On the replay from the back it didn’t look like there was a touch, fortunately Minny was out of challenges.

NitneLiun

Aug 24, 2017
I really like the job Katie is doing. She looks like she would love to still be playing herself and her enthusiasm is infectious.
She didn't do a great job of managing subs and timeouts. I never thought I'd see Weatherington playing back row, but that's how the match ended.

NavyBlue

Nov 5, 2021
She didn't do a great job of managing subs and timeouts. I never thought I'd see Weatherington playing back row, but that's how the match ended.
Zoe stepped up -- getting her serve in and then having a tremendous back row kill which caused Gophers to contest using their last timeout. The team regrouped nicely after having the 22-18 slip away. A great win for the team. They're showing improvement as individuals and as a team. Fun to watch.

psulion44

Oct 7, 2021
Zoe stepped up -- getting her serve in and then having a tremendous back row kill which caused Gophers to contest using their last timeout. The team regrouped nicely after having the 22-18 slip away. A great win for the team. They're showing improvement as individuals and as a team. Fun to watch.
Zoe's unexpected back row kill was one incredible determined athletic effort. Well done.

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021
Zoe's unexpected back row kill was one incredible determined athletic effort. Well done.
This is the first time I got to see them play this year. I thought the serve receive was a little sloppy at times but they were able to overcome that with some good defense. Also, I like that they seem to have some good servers again. It took me a while to notice the back row attacks but I guess with bad serve receives that get you out of system it is hard to run them. It was a fun game to watch and I am looking forward to watching them play Wisky tonight!! They seem to be getting better as the season goes on.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Really an entertaining match. PSU just keep battling. They were down 5 points in the 5th set, and battled back to take the lead. Alas, they made some unforced errors toward the end, and came up just a tad short.

ILLINOISLION

Oct 12, 2021
Tough loss up by 2pts late in Set 5 then two consecutive service errors and a net violation handed Wiscy the Set and the Match.

nittany97

Nov 12, 2021
Really an entertaining match. PSU just keep battling. They were down 5 points in the 5th set, and battled back to take the lead. Alas, they made some unforced errors toward the end, and came up just a tad short.

That last service error was a killer - totally swung momentum. That said, it was a gutty performance and a really entertaining match.