2023 - 2024 Premier League thread

Alphabets

Oct 12, 2021
I’m reading of a possible Mbappe loan to Liverpool.
Can someone with more knowledge of the situation elaborate? My limited understanding is that he is out of favor at PSG and wants out. It seems like Real Madrid is the destination, so why can't he just go now? Maybe Real can't afford the buyout or there are FFP implications? So, he has to wander for a year and Pool might be willing to splash a ton of cash for a one year return. I applaud him for not taking the Saudi money, but turning down nearly three quarters of a billion dollars is crazy for just one year.

Clift notes: money is ruining sport.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021

As a Liverpool fan, why should I care? If it happens, it’s just one season and he‘s gone.
Because you get the second best striker on the planet with a team that is setup to win Europe is probably a good reason. Liverpool had a bad start to the year, but they have a ton of talent and are going to be right at the top of the table again....even more so if they pull that off. I always thought he was going to Saudi Arabia for one of those 300 million dollar a year contracts.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
Looks United may have a true #9 this year and for a few years. Seems a bit much for a 20 year old not name Haaland, but so far most of Hag's signings have been hits thus far.

Reactions: BobPSU92

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021

I didn’t watch the match, but per the article, United struggled on defense.
The didn't struggle on defense.....the defense gifted Dortmund 2 goals by giving the ball away in very bad spots. Maguire is expected to do that at this point...good luck West Ham who is still trying to sign him and hopefully do. Lindelof is typically an accurate passer so he can get a pass there, but he will also be behind Varane and the Butcher Martinez both of who now have a keeper that is excellent with his feet and passing the ball. United actually played well outside of the free goals they gave to Dortmund.

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
Whoops. I shouldn’t have gone there. That’s the train to Suckytown, no question.

Not as bad as having Tomas Tuchel return to the Bundesliga with Bayern F'n München mid way through the season and to Dortmund choke away the league to them on the final day.

Last edited:

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Not as bad as having Tomas Tuchel return to the Bundesliga with Bayern F'n München mid way through the season and to Dortmund choke away the league on the final day.
If I in any way contributed towards your having a bad day, I do apologize. Larry David was never clumsier. Cheryl’s aunt’s obituary: “Beloved ****.”

Last edited:

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
If I in any way contributed towards your having a bad day, I do apologize. Larry David was never clumsier. Cheryl’s aunt’s obituary: “Beloved ****.”

Not at all! The older I get, the easier it has become to move on from the foibles of my various sporting interests. Big losses use to hound me for a long time, now I usually move past them with a good night's sleep. My years as a Phillies & PSU Hoops fan have conditioned me well!

Reactions: LionJim

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
just 3 more days!!!! Although I don't expect Burnley vs City to be some great match.

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
Need to import teh Spurs, BvB, & Stillers schedules into my calendar.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
First weekend of 2023-24 competition, and below is the TV schedule. After several years of getting Peacock for free, I guess I'm going to have to add it to my cable package if I want to catch most of this season's competition. smh

Friday
3:00 pm EDT -- Burnley vs. Man C. (USA Network)

Saturday
7:30 am EDT -- Arsenal vs. Nottingham Forest (Peacock)
10:00 am EDT -- Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Luton Town (Peacock)
10:00 am EDT -- Sheffield U. vs. Crystal Palace (Peacock)
10:00 am EDT -- AFC Bournemouth vs. West Ham U. (Peacock)
10:00 am EDT -- Everton vs. Fulham (Peacock)
12:30 pm EDT -- Newcastle U. vs. Aston Villa (NBC)

Sunday
9:00 am EDT -- Brentford vs. TottenhamHotspur (Peacock)
11:30 am EDT -- Chelsea vs. Liverpool (Peacock)

Reactions: LaJollaCreek

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
First weekend of 2023-24 competition, and below is the TV schedule. After several years of getting Peacock for free, I guess I'm going to have to add it to my cable package if I want to catch most of this season's competition. smh

Friday

Saturday

Sunday
Wow, just the two on basic cable?

• Sad

Alphabets

Oct 12, 2021

Friday

Saturday

Sunday
Tom, I'm assuming you are referring to Xfinity. If so, same here... it was included with my internet package but stopped a couple of months ago. I'm not sure if they are still offering, but if you signed up for peacock directly through them on their website you would get a discounted amount for one year. $2.99/mo for 12 mos. Maybe take a look and see if it's still available, or give them a call.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Tom, I'm assuming you are referring to Xfinity. If so, same here... it was included with my internet package but stopped a couple of months ago. I'm not sure if they are still offering, but if you signed up for peacock directly through them on their website you would get a discounted amount for one year. $2.99/mo for 12 mos. Maybe take a look and see if it's still available, or give them a call.
If it’s just the one game a week on basic cable, I might go there too. Also, I like morning games with my cereal. If all the basic cable matches are going to be at 12:30, that’s a problem.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
Last edited:

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

Yeah, I wasn't too cryptic in my description. The discounted price is still available to me -- I just haven't taken the plunge. I'm pretty busy the first few weekends of the Premier season, so I'm not in a rush to sign up for the discount on Peacock. If it was just the EPL, I might pass. But Peacock also has some of the B1G telecasts this year, so I'm likely to pony up for Peacock.

Reactions: Alphabets

Latest posts