2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Our OOC is disappointing this year. Especially in comparison with the past few years.

But when others are scared…
I’m a little disappointed also. Last year’s schedule will probably never be duplicated but this year’s is a little light. That is what happens when Duke, NCSU, Oregon and Iowa back out AND ND and UNC say uhh maybe next year

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
Top 20 team something like 26-4 last year. Were a #6 seed in NCAAs and got upset in the first round by Villanova
Yes to add, historically speaking BYU is a pretty good team. That team from last season had a good and experienced starting five but the bench was non existent. Only one stater returns this season and they also have a new coach. Their best player last season Gonzalez, transferred to Texas. This is a rebuilding year for them and I don't expect them to be that good this season.

CCUIrmo

Mar 21, 2022
Probably a silent commitment!! 👀
I dont think it can be a silent commit because I dont think the school can officially announce anything like that, it has to be the player and unless they are coordinating it with school I doubt this is it. It would most likely be a violation for school to even do that much. My guess is all seniors announcing using covid years so Boston and everyone are back :) JK, no telling what it will be

Reactions: Goody

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
I agree @winloseortie don't get your hopes up too high on a commitment. It could easily be a calendar or some kind of Halloween oriented secret.

Personally I don't see why any senior would announce the use of their Covid Year now, especially given that with a solid season from any of our top 4 seniors in the 2019 class , they all could realistically be drafted, so they could be pigeonholing themselves for no reason.

As for the HS recruits, Fulwiley doesn't announce till Nov. 10th, Watkins just had her OV with Stanford and hasn't gone to Southern Cal yet. I highly doubt Prosper traveled from Canada to an exhibition to announce her commitment on a Monday. Which leads Kitts who has been relatively quiet since her Louisville OV but seems more likely to build anticipation to her commitment like most of the top players do.

Reactions: Goody

CockyGirl

Joined Oct 13, 2015 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
I agree @winloseortie don't get your hopes up too high on a commitment. It could easily be a calendar or some kind of Halloween oriented secret.

Personally I don't see why any senior would announce the use of their Covid Year now, especially given that with a solid season from any of our top 4 seniors in the 2019 class , they all could realistically be drafted, so they could be pigeonholing themselves for no reason.

As for the HS recruits, Fulwiley doesn't announce till Nov. 10th, Watkins just had her OV with Stanford and hasn't gone to Southern Cal yet. I highly doubt Prosper traveled from Canada to an exhibition to announce her commitment on a Monday. Which leads Kitts who has been relatively quiet since her Louisville OV but seems more likely to build anticipation to her commitment like most of the top players do.
Where did you see that Fulwiley announces on 11/10?

Also patiently awaiting Milaysia posting her pics from this weekend. Interested to see if Chloe will comment. I'm stuck on the fact that I want them to play together and for us!

Reactions: Goody and vacock

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
Where did you see that Fulwiley announces on 11/10?

Also patiently awaiting Milaysia posting her pics from this weekend. Interested to see if Chloe will comment. I'm stuck on the fact that I want them to play together and for us!
I can't remember. I don't know if it was her page or an article but I remember seeing that date associated with her.

Or perhaps I'm mistaken, I can't find where I saw that information posted. Perhaps it was a IG story that might have alluded to that date or something.

Last edited:

ConwayGamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Not a whole lot to take away from the exhibition game with Benedict - the final score was along the lines of what we expected. We played them last year as well and the final score was 98-41. It was 92-31 at the end of the 3rd period last night, and we went on a 31-1 scoring run for the 4th period alone, to blow out the game even more, playing all reserves. Looks like Benedict was done after 3 periods of play.

Was glad to see both of our true freshmen have such strong games: Ashlyn (11 pts, 9 rebounds, 2 steals in 15:32) and Talaysia (11 pts, 9 rebounds, 6 assists, 6 steals, 2 blocks in 25:08 - the most minutes played by a Gamecock). Cooper shot a little bit much for my tastes - 5-14, 0-3 from the 3pt line - but she tied Laeticia for team lead in assists, and produced from everywhere on the floor. Sania was also a pleasant surprise: 17 pts on 8-13 shooting, with team-leading 12 rebounds and 4 steals in 20 minutes of play. And Bree tied Zia for team lead in points with 19. Future Gamecock All-Americans giving notice.

Victaria sat out the exhibition with a sore foot, and our projected PGs who will compete for starters' minutes Raven and Kierra also did not play. Aliyah had a quiet but solid 8 pts and 7 rebounds in 20 minutes. She was only 2-6 from the field, but I'm sure she'll be back on track come next Monday's season opener......

Reactions: Gamekem

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Daily stat for the run up to Monday and ETSU

RECORD over the last 9 years

SEC 129-15 .895
Overall 274-39 .875

An average of 30.5 wins per season

SEC Average 14.3-1.7

Reactions: SCcocks4ever

CockyGirl

Joined Oct 13, 2015 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
Can’t figure out why Milaysia hasn’t posted any of her official visit pics from this weekend like she has done from her other officials. Maybe she’s saving them for her commitment video 🤷‍♀️🙏

B.Cocky

Feb 1, 2022
Can’t figure out why Milaysia hasn’t posted any of her official visit pics from this weekend like she has done from her other officials. Maybe she’s saving them for her commitment video 🤷‍♀️🙏
She announced she is committing Nov 10th hopefully she’s waiting to share those pictures with us then 😬😬

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
I’m calling it! I will be completely shocked if Milaysia doesn’t choose us!
View attachment 253284
In addition to Dawn recruiting here for 6 years, she's a natural fit to replace Zia.

Great opportunity for her. Imagine being an elite HS player and the top college WBB team is in your hometown. Would seem hard to pass up. **fingers crossed**

warriorcock

Jan 22, 2022
There is an article in the State newspaper today, which I will not link. She will announce her college decision 2 pm Nov 10th @ her high school.

Says she and Ashlyn have been close for a very long time, and obviously would be great to continue playing with her. But says she has yet to make up her mind, will be sitting down with her mother in the coming days. Indeed **fingers crossed**

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Some National stat reminders on last year

Scoring Margin #1
Blocked shots #1
Blocks per game #1
Rebound margin #1
Rebounds per game #3
D rebounds per game #5
O rebounds per game #3
D shooting % #2