2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

Goody

Joined Apr 14, 2017
Jan 30, 2022
Damn! Tired of hearing about it. I’m glad that’s over. Good luck to her.
Exactly Brother Whiterock69, you can tell the ones that want to be in a culture of strong leadership, putting in the work, life lessons, teamwork and discipline! Coach Staley in my opinion truly cares about her players and want them to be ready for all the bumps in the road of life. As for players looking for entitlement or want to take certain liberties on social media, and in the public, I suggest they select a program that allows this type culture!! 😎

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
Diamond Johnson commenting on Sakima Walker committing here.

They were freshman teammates at Rutgers

View attachment 337485
I keep confusing her for Day-Wilson and thought she was at Miami. I still like our current 12 but I wouldn't be opposed to her coming. She would be another guard with experience playing the point, shoot from 3, pass and takes care of ball. I know she's a Philly girl and was recruited twice coming out of high school and when she left Rutgers.

She's a fan of the program but I think our roster depth likely played a part in her going elsewhere. Walker could potentially help her to consider us but she will have to graduate before the Summer ends first.

Last edited:

DenhamTiger90

Jan 19, 2022
Iowa will not make the final 4 next year. The loss of Czinano will be too much for them to overcome and not seeing where they have made any significant moves in the portal.

and they only had one signee in their recruiting class
Truly a dereliction of the coaches duties to not hit the portal harder to try to push all the chips in with Clark.

Gamecock Lincoln

Joined Nov 10, 2007 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 18, 2022
Truly a dereliction of the coaches duties to not hit the portal harder to try to push all the chips in with Clark.

I think all the seniors came back for their COVID year and they added 2 singees so they have a full roster. They were wondering who they could run off to free up a scholarship for HVL, Betts and Morrow. Some idiot actually wrote an article saying that could be a destination place. lol

https://hawkeyeswire.usatoday.com/l...he-next-hawkeye-hailey-van-lith-lauren-betts/

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
I think all the seniors came back for their COVID year and they added 2 singees so they have a full roster. They were wondering who they could run off to free up a scholarship for HVL, Betts and Morrow. Some idiot actually wrote an article saying that could be a destination place. lol

https://hawkeyeswire.usatoday.com/l...he-next-hawkeye-hailey-van-lith-lauren-betts/
I'm laughing at the Gamecock fan who went on the Iowa board after our loss saying that Dawn won't recruit white players (a lie). Meanwhile, Iowa can't recruit any black players to play with a generational talent. Hell, they can't even recruit any white players! Hawkeye fans are equally dismayed and jealous.

Iowa1.JPG

Gamecock Lincoln

Joined Nov 10, 2007 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 18, 2022
I'm laughing at the Gamecock fan who went on the Iowa board after our loss saying that Dawn won't recruit white players (a lie). Meanwhile, Iowa can't recruit any black players to play with a generational talent. Hell, they can't even recruit any white players! Hawkeye fans are equally dismayed and jealous.

View attachment 337616
"Fans" like that don't like Dawn. True fans of WBB don't care. They want to win and have good people represent our university. Dawn signs players that can do all of these things.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Here is a highlight reel of Milaysia I posted earlier.

She's the ultimate all-star game player. To be fair to her, though, we should probably temper our expectations a bit for her freshman year. I could see struggling early and coming on late, like Raven last year, as she adjusts to the college game.

So would you rather have Diamond Johnson next season or give those minutes to Fulwiley? I can't see them on the court at the same time; they are similar players.

Reactions: Sis_aac9

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022

Not a rant but……..

Here is what some of the cupboard is bare on our board just don’t get, They just don’t understand the talent on the bench. Kitts and Cooper ranked 13th and 14th on the team in minutes played.
The people who make a living evaluating talent want the 2 youngest players sitting on the end of our bench to possibly play for our national team.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Not a rant but……..

Here is what some of the cupboard is bare on our board just don’t get, They just don’t understand the talent on the bench. Kitts and Cooper ranked 13th and 14th on the team in minutes played.
The people who make a living evaluating talent want the 2 youngest players sitting on the end of our bench to possibly play for our national team.
So let's take all this talent next year and do what we should have done this year.

CCUIrmo

Mar 21, 2022
I think the last couple of years this team was a little slower, very methodical in their style of play, and just good at what they were good at. I think this next year, with who Dawn has coming in AND if the possibility of adding Diamond Johnson comes to be, then Dawn has a team of high level athletes with alot of skill. I see her trying to play a much more fast paced game with alot of full court pressure defense. Raven and Fullwiley love to go fast and adding in Watkins, Feagin, Jah, Kitts, and on and on, this team may look and play completely different than the past few years. I think speed and athleticism are the name of the game for the next year or so.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
I think the last couple of years this team was a little slower, very methodical in their style of play, and just good at what they were good at. I think this next year, with who Dawn has coming in AND if the possibility of adding Diamond Johnson comes to be, then Dawn has a team of high level athletes with alot of skill. I see her trying to play a much more fast paced game with alot of full court pressure defense. Raven and Fullwiley love to go fast and adding in Watkins, Feagin, Jah, Kitts, and on and on, this team may look and play completely different than the past few years. I think speed and athleticism are the name of the game for the next year or so.
Totally agree, and I see much more freestyle approach on the offense with a defense designed for fast break productivity with the speed and athleticism at the guard position. When we do run half court offense, we now have a 3pt shooting threat to discourage the collapsing defenses we are used to seeing.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Conference winning streaks
Half the league hasn’t beaten us in over a decade

Alabama 21-0
Ole Miss 18-0
UGA 16-0
UF 15-0
Vandy 15-0
LSU 14-0
Auburn 14-0

Arkansas 8-0 but also 18-1
Miss St 5-0 but also 17-3
A&M 4-0 but also 11-1
UT 4-0 but also 10-4
UK 2-0 but also 17-2
Mizzou 1-0 but also 8-3

over the last 10 years
Regular season 145-15 90.6%
Tournament 24-3 88.8%

throw in CU also
12-0 with an average margin of victory 27.6

Last edited:

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Conference winning streaks
Half the league hasn’t beaten us in over a decade

Alabama 21-0
Ole Miss 18-0
UGA 16-0
UF 15-0
Vandy 15-0
LSU 14-0
Auburn 14-0

Arkansas 8-0 but also 18-1
Miss St 5-0 but also 17-3
A&M 4-0 but also 11-1
UT 4-0 but also 10-4
UK 2-0 but also 17-2
Mizzou 1-0 but also 8-3

over the last 10 years
Regular season 145-15 90.6%
Tournament 24-3 88.8%

throw in CU also
12-0 with an average margin of victory 27.6
Makes me think about Spear's commitment statement about TN and I'm thinking, huh, what ?
"I would say the legacy spoke the most to me," Spear said. "That was one of the boxes that I want checked off. I wanted to go to a historic program where I knew they could win and they've been winning and been successful with it.

Legacy yes, but "recent history" - no.
The above stats speak volumes about winning!

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Here is a highlight reel of Milaysia I posted earlier.

One of the many things I love about this thread and those who post here. This Fulwiley clip just got posted on the Insiders Forum….. Three days later than here. Thank all of you who contribute to this thread. It is better coverage and more insightful than anything on Insiders except for @Chris Wellbaum

Last edited:

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Historical odds and ends from scheduling

At home over the last 10 years
145-9 94.7%

We are on some other nice streaks
Maryland 5-1
UConn 4-1
Stanford 3-1

We are 0-3 vs Notre Dame under coach Staley

Against the incoming new conference members
Oklahoma 0-3 but we have not played them since 2009
Texas 2-2

Who Knew?
From our Metro days and recently We absolutely own
FSU 19-2
Louisville 18-4
Va Tech 15-6 but we have not played since 1990

Other than CU the most played ACC teams

NCSU 12-20
UNC 9-11

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Brea had a bad game against Iowa and fell in the draft. She's had 2 unimpactful pre-season WNBA games and now there is some doubt whether or not she'll make the Lynx's roster.

The league is pretty brutal with so few teams and thus so few roster spots.

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022

View attachment 337616
In all the years of Dawn coaching college basketball, who are the names of the white players who have been a part of her starting 5. And please go all the way back to Temple. (I'm just curious).