2024 NCAA Championship Session III Thread

Pocono Lion

Oct 7, 2021
Anyone else lose the Matcast? I’m just getting the split screen and matcast isn’t an option below.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
157: Championship Quarters:
#1 seed Levi Haines vs. #8 seed Peyton Robb (Nebraska) -- I'll use PR

Per 1
Haines in on a head inside single, they scramble, Robb reaches over the shoulders, they keep scrambling, PR with a whizzer, but Haines trips him down on the edge for the TD, 3-0. He throws in a boot. Haines working an arm bar, and tilts him and gets swipes. Robb rolls over, so it's 3 NF. 6-0. End. RT @ 1:11 for Haines

Per 2
Haines takes bottom. He works up, and after a bit is out, 7-0. RT down to 48 sec for Haines. PR in on a single, Haines sprawls, and the period ends. End. RT @ 48 sec for Haines

Per 3
PR takes bottom. Blood time for PR. Haines gets a good ride going, and takes RT well over 1 min. Haines nearly pulls PR back to his back, nothing. PR gets to his feet, tripped back down, and OOB with 1:01 left. Haines nearly tilts on the restart, nothing. RT goes over 2 min and is locked. PR to his feet, and a stall warning no Haines as they go OOB with 27 sec left. PR sits out, Haines stays with him, and eventually flattens him. End. With 2:48 in RT, it's an 8-0 MAJ for Levi Haines

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Tom can you confirm that Nagao got the neutral NF points? People said in the arena that after the overturn, Cael challenged and said that neutral NF points could've been awarded during the sequence and that is why the suit guy came out. Either way, I don't care, I just have never seen this before.

Edit: Seems like since he had the leg of Nagao, no takedown but had his back exposed for the requisite time and got the 3.

Without talking with the refs, I can't know for sure.

Track shows 3 for Nagao for a TD

Reactions: fp

Pennstater55

Sep 1, 2022
As something of a novice, how can someone who's riding get hit with a stall? Isn't it their job to accrue riding time and the onus should be on the guy on the bottom to get out?

Karl_Havok

Oct 6, 2021
Levi has two TF and a major so far. He is the OW in my opinion until I see what AB does in his match. I think right now it's between Levi and AB for OW through the QF.

Reactions: Got GSPs and ElDuce

BVSt.Paul

Oct 12, 2021
157: Championship Quarters:
#1 seed Levi Haines vs. #8 seed Peyton Robb (Nebraska) -- I'll use PR

Per 1
Haines in on a head inside single, they scramble, Robb reaches over the shoulders, they keep scrambling, PR with a whizzer, but Haines trips him down on the edge for the TD, 3-0. He throws in a boot. Haines working an arm bar, and tilts him and gets swipes. Robb rolls over, so it's 3 NF. 6-0. End. RT @ 1:11 for Haines

Per 2
Haines takes bottom. He works up, and after a bit is out, 7-0. RT down to 48 sec for Haines. PR in on a single, Haines sprawls, and the period ends. End. RT @ 48 sec for Haines

Per 3
PR takes bottom. Blood time for PR. Haines gets a good ride going, and takes RT well over 1 min. Haines nearly pulls PR back to his back, nothing. PR gets to his feet, tripped back down, and OOB with 1:01 left. Haines nearly tilts on the restart, nothing. RT goes over 2 min and is locked. PR to his feet, and a stall warning no Haines as they go OOB with 27 sec left. PR sits out, Haines stays with him, and eventually flattens him. End. With 2:48 in RT, it's an 8-0 MAJ for Levi Haines
I like Robb. Have always been impressed with his sportsmanship.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Ouch, Meyer goes into concussion protocol. That should cause all the quarter matches (mats 3 thru 6) to be delayed (unless ESPN tells them otherwise).

PSU_Lions_84

Jul 2, 2022
As something of a novice, how can someone who's riding get hit with a stall? Isn't it their job to accrue riding time and the onus should be on the guy on the bottom to get out?

It's been explained to me the top wrestler needs to continue to develop his position - to try for a pin or at least back points. That said, bottom wrestlers turtle out far too often imho - hard to move an immobile mass.

ClarkstonMark

Oct 12, 2021
Levi has two TF and a major so far. He is the OW in my opinion until I see what AB does in his match. I think right now it's between Levi and AB for OW through the QF.
you mean for PSU right? Because KOT has been OW, though need to see what he does in QF

Ngm5008

Sep 9, 2022
Without talking with the refs, I can't know for sure.

Track shows 3 for Nagao for a TD
You could hear the ref conversation on the espn + mat 8 feed. They awarded a td for neutral danger. ASU coach was freaking out because no neutral danger warning was given because it was initially ruled a takedown. After multiple calls to Ontario and a discussion with another guy who came over they let the 3 stand.

Reactions: fp