2024 NCAA Championship Session IV Thread

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Kasak-Kinner consolation bout 149

Kasak got a takedown with a headlock throw that netted four nearfall points for a 7-0 lead. Kasak took down to start the second and reversed Kinner for a 9-0 lead. Second ends that way. Kinner down to start the third. It ends 10-2 major decision for Tyler Kasak.

tzinger

Oct 11, 2021
Way to go Levi!!!

I’m not a Penn State alum like many/most here.
But as a Penn State fan, how can anyone not be very proud of these guys when they interview?
Impressive to me.

OL
Been a PSU fan since Lenny Moore.
Season ticket holder since 1982.
Support all that is PSU
Even get alumni discount at PS Golf Courses
A lot of my friends forget that I didn’t go there
I Am …Penn State

PSU_Lions_84

Jul 2, 2022
Hey, Tom, two questions for the off-season:

1) How does one wrestle offensively while on one's knees? Seen a few wrestlers this tournament use that as their go-to position. Seems much more defensive and thus (I would hope) open to stall calls.

2) Speaking of stalling, there seem to be some odd calls, especially on our guys when it seems they are being aggressive. What are the offensive conditions that might merit a stall call?

Many thanks in advance!

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
184 consy Bernie Traux vs. Thomas Stewart Jr, Virginia Tech

First period
No scoring. Stewart Jr., had Truax in some trouble but he kicked away from it.

Second period
Truax down and quickly out. Stewart Jr., has Truax in trouble again from neutral but they go off the edge. No more scoring.

Third period
Stewart Jr., is down and escapes to 1-1. Truax shoots and steps through for a takedown to extend his lead to 4-1. Truax goes up over a minute of riding time and wins, 5-1.

Truax d. Stewart Jr., 5-1.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
197 Championship Semifinal:
#1 seed Aaron Brooks vs. #12 Rocky Elam (Missouri) -- I'll use RE

Byers mentions that AB has attained 90 TDs this season, and has given up 0 TDs.

Per 1
Elam looks huge. RE shoots, AB sprawls, and they are OOB with 2:16 left. AB with a low single on the edge, RE does a split and has a whizzer, AB works behind for the TD, 3-0. They are OOB with 1:23 left. RE works to his feet and AB cuts him, 3-1. RE with an eye poke and a stoppage at 1:16. AB shoots, nothing. Again on the edge. AB shoots, nothing. Stall warning on RE. AB with a ankle pick to a double for the TD, 6-1, and OOB with 18 sec left. End RT @ 36 sec for AB

Per 2
AB defers, so RE takes bottom. RE gets flattened pretty quickly, and RT goes over 1 min. AB chopping at the elbow, then works a crossface, then flattens RE again. RE not doing much, and a stall call on him, 7-1. Then he's up and out, 7-2. AB shots a low single but they are OOB with 44 sec left. Blood time for Elam. AB with an underhook, and drops to a double leg and gets the TD, 10-2, and they go OOB with 23 sec left. RE works up, returned. End. RT @ 2:01 for Brooks

Per 3
RE takes neutral. Stall call on RE, 11-2. AB in on the legs on the edge and gets a TD, 14-2, and they are OOB with 1:34 left. Injury time (a knee) for Elam. (Yeah for Truax ... just heard the result.) AB elect to start on his feet. AB in on a low single, and gets the other leg, and get the TF, 17-2, @ 5:44!!!!!

He'll be in the final tomorrow tonight against Trent Hidlay