2024 NCAA Championship Session VI Thread

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
If that was anyone other than a three time and soon to be four time NCAA champion, Starocci would have gotten a stall warning in the last minute of the third period.

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
9th seed wins the national championship.

his 4th. 6th wrestler to do it all time!!!

• Love
Reactions: lionlover

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
"It was hard," Starocci told ESPN while singing the praises of head trainer Dan Monthley.

"Twelve days ago I was on crutches. I just had to wrestle. That man, [trainer] Dan Monthley, he's a national champ. It's a blessing to be at Penn State. These coaches, they're super dedicated. Dan Monthley, I wouldn't be walking if it wasn't for him. He looked me in the eye and said it was going to be a long road. I just believed in him."

Starocci would not confirm if he has an ACL tear. He said he has his eyes set on the Olympic Trials in April at the BJC.

gpsu88

Sep 1, 2022
So happy for Carter, I’m sure it’s the bourbon causing my watery eyes watching his post match. Anyone else unable to sit while watching that match?

Reactions: Martybird

gimb14

May 3, 2022
In a list of 10 champs, Carter would be 10th for OW. All wins were by decision. It's gonna go to someone with bonus points

hohmadw1978

Oct 7, 2021
When I first met Carter back in March 2022, he told me that he would win 4 championships. We had a 20 minute conversation He took a picture of the two of us on this phone and asked him why did he do that. He wanted to stay in touch. We have and he is a determined and focused individual.

So happy for him!

By the way, he was wearing on ACL brace. Having worn one on three separate occasions, it really limits your mobility.

I rarely get teary eyed, but I am now.

Last edited:

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
If that was anyone other than a three time and soon to be four time NCAA champion, Starocci would have gotten a stall warning in the last minute of the third period.

huh? Refs really do not factor things like that into stall calls. I thought the ref handled it appropriately. I was just starting to think it was about time for a stall warning on Carter when he shot in on and got the leg.

gimb14

May 3, 2022
I think he has a chance at OW. 9th seed, beat 2 champs on way to win it. Hodge another story.

He beat two prior national champs with a gimpy leg. Who else did that? It’s not all about the score, the competition matters too.
I get it, but all matches were close. Love the effort, but it's going to someone who dominated. Saying 10th may have been a bit harsh.

Latest posts