2024 NCAA Championship Session VI Thread

BrianS

Oct 31, 2021
When I first met Carter back in March 2022, he told me that he would win 4 championships. We had a 20 minute conversation He took a picture of the two of us on this phone and asked him why did he do that. He wanted to stay in touch. We have and he is a determined and focused individual.

So happy for him!

By the way, we was wearing on ACL brace. Having worn one on three separate occasions, it really limits your mobility.

I really get teary eyed, but I am now.
So, Carter beat the guy while only having one "good" leg! ;) Carter's a warrior!

Last edited:

BriantheLion

Nov 27, 2023
He acted like a punk in the match against Carter tonight. When Carter had his ankle on the edge and he reached for off the mat to get a reset, he shoved Carters head down as he went by.
I noticed that too….

…and that he only, begrudgingly, shook hands when when required by ref/protocol.

Reactions: Got GSPs

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
197 Aaron Brooks vs. Trent Hidlay, N.C. State

First period
Brooks drops in on a single and tries to go for a cradle on the edge but let's it go and as Brooks pulls Hidlay back in Hidlay grabs his ankle and it leads to a potentially dangerous call. Off the re-start, Brooks snaps down on Hidlay's head but they come back to standing position and break apart. Brooks shoots on a double near the edge but they go off of it with 1:14 left in the first. Brooks shoots for a single Hidlay jumps back and he's called for a stalling warning with about 30 seconds left in the first period. Brooks shoots with 10 seconds left and drives through Hidlay for a takedown and a 3-0 lead with five seconds left in the first period.

Second period
Hidlay defers his choice to the third. Brooks takes bottom to start the second. Brooks stands, turns in, and escapes for a 4-0 lead with 1:52 left. Couple shots from Brooks but nothing cooking just yet. Hidlay called for stalling at the :22 mark and now it's 5-0 Brooks.

Third period
Hidlay down. Brooks rides him off the mat during the first 11 seconds. Brooks goes over a minute of riding time at the :53 second mark as this ride continues. Brooks rides out the period for the. most part. Hidlay escapes late but Brooks gets the RT point.

Brooks d. Hidlay 6-1 with 1:49 in Rt