2024 NCAA Championship Session VI Thread

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
I read the session 5 post over there earlier today. Pure gold. One guy claimed PSU opponents were tanking so PSU would beat Iowa’s record.

Yeah. I read that as well and it’s some next level conspiracy but hey, maybe Cael is just so good he can get wrestlers to “take one for the other team.” Carl is playing 8D chess.

Any claims of Cael paying Mess to take the loss against Carr so the ’clones could move ahead of the ‘hawks? Or perhaps that’s why Mess was confused about the riding time? 🙄

pabison

Dec 11, 2021
Neil Erisman of Little Rock is the NCAA Coach of the Year.
If Cael didn’t win it then I like this choice, but how can you not give it to the coach who won his regular season and tournament conference championships while going undefeated on the season, won the the NCAA championship with his team setting new records for points scored and margin of victory, and had 4 individual champs? I mean c’mon people!

OhioLion

Oct 12, 2021
I think my wife is throwing a party tomorrow, ncaa wrestling is over.
Heck, my wife, who during the B1G tournament, couldn’t remember what the uniform was called. “You know, that ‘unitard’ they wear.” 🤦🏻‍♂️
Now she watches and actually asks and comments legit things about the matches.
Hope she doesn’t mind, but I’m heading to the Happiest of Valleys next year to the Rec for a match.

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
Two 4x champs and a 100-pt margin of victory.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
If Cael didn’t win it then I like this choice, but how can you not give it to the coach who won his regular season and tournament conference championships while going undefeated on the season, won the the NCAA championship with his team setting new records for points scored and margin of victory, and had 4 individual champs? I mean c’mon people!
It has a feel to it similar to the one of Ohio State winning no Big Ten coach of the year awards in football from the late 1970s until Ryan Day did in 2019 (albeit in a tie with Fleck). It feels like that should be absolutely impossible but the award usually went to someone whose program did something completely unexpected and not to the one who did what was expected. I'm not sure that totally applies here due to the accomplishments you mention, but I can see the logic behind the Little Rock pick with that lens. Ultimately, Byers said it best: Cael won't and will not care.

Latest posts