2024 Phillies Thread

Relayer

Oct 12, 2021
I'm surprised how many people keep pushing for this. They already gave two massive pitching contracts this year to players who hopefully stay great for years but could end up struggling at the end of those deals.

They don't need another one of those. They need Abel and Painter to come up and make an impact in the coming years. I get it, this has to be the year or it gets tricky, but signing another big contact pitcher, especially for a No. 3, at best, would be silly.

Reactions: Colt2169

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Reds fans love themselves some Opening Day baseball. Rangers makes sense. They raise a banner. Phillies vs. Braves is clearly the series of the weekend. Can't wait to go down there on Saturday. So pumped.
Looks like Fried vs. Nola with the weather being favorable. Enjoy!

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Reds fans love themselves some Opening Day baseball. Rangers makes sense. They raise a banner. Phillies vs. Braves is clearly the series of the weekend. Can't wait to go down there on Saturday. So pumped.

lol, you just want that free t-shirt they're giving out as a promo. 🤣

It's kind of nice that they're having that promo on a Saturday night. Most years, it's held early in the season on a weeknight.

RyanSnyder

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
I believe Brewers vs. Mets was supposed to be the first game tomorrow. So now we all have to wait until like 4 pm to watch MLB tomorrow.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
I’m sad. I’ll be happy Friday afternoon of course, but I’ve been waiting long enough for this day.

I don't get home from work until after 4 so I'm stoked. I have an extra day to warm up my Chop arm. 😉

Atlanta Braves Sport GIF by MLB

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
A little annoying, but tomorrow will be much nicer.

Just so you and others know a very good friend and Penn State grad is the meteorologist for the Phillies and their farm teams in Reading and Allentown. Here is the answer to your question and perspective on why to call the game today...

Opening day is the one day where a call has to be made more than 24 hours in advance. Guidance available at that time was unanimous on the cancel idea. Any other game the call is made a few hours prior to game start. Clearly if we were advising them today, it would be a different conversation. A lot goes into opening day in addition to the game, so that's why they build in the off day to account for that. Tomorrow was and is the safer call.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
So is a sucky bullpen going to be a season long thing or what?? Alvarado is all over the place, even more so than usual.

• Angry
Reactions: rudedude