2024 Recruiting Class Thread

psuno1

Oct 16, 2021
I have to commend James and the staff for keeping Benedict Umeh interested in PS as long as he did.
Stanford is still Stanford and they won on academics. No shame in that, good luck to him.
Did he commit to Stanford?

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
Did he commit to Stanford?

Not that I have seen anywhere and everything I see he is a very strong lean and crystal balls all pointing to PSU. Not even sure he has set a announcement/commitment date at this point.

Reactions: psuno1

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
I have to commend James and the staff for keeping Benedict Umeh interested in PS as long as he did.
Stanford is still Stanford and they won on academics. No shame in that, good luck to him.
You said he was coming here a few days ago.

Tom_PSU

Oct 29, 2021
Some people claim that the only weakness in Franklin’s recruiting is his inability to land naturally big D-line guys. A simple solution just might be to double the amount of food they’re given on campus visits.

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021
You said he was coming here a few days ago.
Everyone had him coming here, it would have been Franklin’s biggest recruiting win to date. Then Umeh landed in SF Stanford blew him and his family away. It happens, no blame for the staff, they damn near pulled it off.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Everyone had him coming here, it would have been Franklin’s biggest recruiting win to date. Then Umeh landed in SF Stanford blew him and his family away. It happens, no blame for the staff, they damn near pulled it off.
Bigger than Saquon? Not sure about that. Time will tell.

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021
Bigger than Saquon? Not sure about that. Time will tell.
Yes bigger than Saquon,
A) no comparison DT to RB
Umeh is 62. SaSa was 118

B) Sa also didn’t have a Stanford offer. Franklin damn near convinced Benedict who said academics matter most to come to PS over Stanford

Think about that … Hellva job by James.
I hold a PS degree and know it’s not worth the same value as one from there

Reactions: LionJim

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Yes bigger than Saquon,
A) no comparison DT to RB
Umeh is 62. SaSa was 118

B) Sa also didn’t have a Stanford offer. Franklin damn near convinced Benedict who said academics matter most to come to PS over Stanford

Think about that … Hellva job by James.
I hold a PS degree and know it’s not worth the same value as one from there
Yes, but Barkley was quickly the biggest superstar of college football. Umeh has a ways to go to determine that. I’m talking the overall player, not the recruiting rankings. When you said Uweh was coming here, I assumed you had some inside info as you said it with confidence.

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021
Yes, but Barkley was quickly the biggest superstar of college football. Umeh has a ways to go to determine that. I’m talking the overall player, not the recruiting rankings. When you said Uweh was coming here, I assumed you had some inside info as you said it with confidence.
All the national guys were wrong, along with our beat writers. It happens

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021
So, no insider info? You read the same stuff the rest of us do?
I know a variety of people sometimes I hear legitimate information but on Benedict Umeh it was the collective opinions of national guys. Nothing I heard from people that may pass on tidbits. I apologize for for misleading you man.

Reactions: LB99

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
And now Dohn and Wiltfong saying Palepale to USC. The DT recruiting continues to be an uphill battle.

PSUFTG

Nov 1, 2021

Meteor-Lion

Sep 21, 2022
And now Dohn and Wiltfong saying Palepale to USC. The DT recruiting continues to be an uphill battle.
A much larger Polynesian population in Southern CA vice Central PA. It seems to have been an important factor to overcome if he selects USC.

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021
Say goodbye to DE Harvey, going to Marilyn. NIL is part of the issue lately but Franklin holds a certain amount of the blame as well. They slow played both Deyvid Palepale and Jaylen Harvey both are now gone

Bison13

Oct 13, 2021
Say goodbye to DE Harvey, going to Marilyn. NIL is part of the issue lately but Franklin holds a certain amount of the blame as well. They slow played both Deyvid Palepale and Jaylen Harvey both are now gone
I know his hs coach and just asked him. He did not verify

Reactions: Tom_PSU

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
So is NIL fixed or not?🥴

Bison13

Oct 13, 2021
So is NIL fixed or not?🥴
I can not answer this but I do know locks is trying to gather a significant nil package for Harvey. This kid is practically in his back yard and he is getting flack for losing other md guys to places like WVU as well so pressure is mounting

Reactions: VaDave4PSU

Tom_PSU

Oct 29, 2021
I can not answer this but I do know locks is trying to gather a significant nil package for Harvey. This kid is practically in his back yard and he is getting flack for losing other md guys to places like WVU as well so pressure is mounting
If you put too much pressure on Locks that porker just might keel over with a heart attack. I would imagine that his greatest recruiting success is with kids that have obese parents

Reactions: Bison13

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021
I know his hs coach and just asked him. He did not verify
My old roommate from my freshman year at PennState is a graduate of Hempfield. His sister kid goes to Hempfield High now and he got it from Deyvid himself.
Harvey I heard from a person who would know. I’m interested in hearing what his coach says. So if you hear anything please let me know.

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021
Losing another Md kid??? 😂
Someone should ask who did you get?

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Oh boy. Let’s not open that can of worms.

The USC article about NIL on On3 is pretty enlightening. I know we were gnashing our teeth over two competing NIL collectives but USC has seven...but, seems like they have their sh*t together.

Reactions: Tom_PSU

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
The USC article about NIL on On3 is pretty enlightening. I know we were gnashing our teeth over two competing NIL collectives but USC has seven...but, seems like they have their sh*t together.
Not sure Happy Valley United is quite there yet. They have nine open positions (which I believe is more than its current staff level).

Reactions: Midnighter

Latest posts