2024 Recruiting Class Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Not a huge surprise, as he was trending to Iowa.

As he's former PSU DT Jimmy Kennedy's son, it would have been nice if he were as big as Jimmy, and also nice if he had opted for PSU.

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021
Well looking at the board Tom, a DE would be nice. But to be fair, to consider PS, you have to receive an offer and that didn’t happen. So best wishes to the young man.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Well looking at the board Tom, a DE would be nice. But to be fair, to consider PS, you have to receive an offer and that didn’t happen. So best wishes to the young man.

??

He did receive an offer. It was described as more of a courtesy offer, or a not-very-serious offer, but it was an offer.

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021
??

He did receive an offer. It was described as more of a courtesy offer, or a not-very-serious offer, but it was an offer.

Okay I stand corrected, it wasn’t listed in the offer which is what I used.
Yeah June 16th, courtesy is being polite.
Thanks Tom

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Is PSU the front runner for Cook from DC who is committing tomorrow?

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021
Awful day for Lion alumni & fans!
CB - Grimsley - Alabama
DT - Palepale - USC
WR - Hornsby - aTm
DE - Holmes - Florida St
CB - Nickels - Kentucky
DE - Robinson - Kentucky

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Awful day for Lion alumni & fans!
CB - Grimsley - Alabama
DT - Palepale - USC
WR - Hornsby - aTm
DE - Holmes - Florida St
CB - Nickels - Kentucky
DE - Robinson - Kentucky
Outside of, maybe Palepale?, none of these players were expected to end up at PSU, right? So, all in all, James and Co are doing just fine. The sky is not falling.

19333lion

Oct 27, 2021
Palepale is a diappointment in that he is in PSU's backyard, playing a position tough to recruit. Two of the others were longshots but have t give the staff credit for keeping PSU in the game for them.

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021
Palepale is a diappointment in that he is in PSU's backyard, playing a position tough to recruit. Two of the others were longshots but have t give the staff credit for keeping PSU in the game for them.

Weird situation here. He's not a lifelong PA kid. Our staff seemed to slow play him early. Also strange that USC supposedly comes in late with a hard NIL push for a 6## rated prospect. Who knows.

psuno1

Oct 16, 2021
Weird situation here. He's not a lifelong PA kid. Our staff seemed to slow play him early. Also strange that USC supposedly comes in late with a hard NIL push for a 6## rated prospect. Who knows.
If PSU can get T.A. Cunningham out of FL they will be fine with Cook already commited.

Reactions: Bison13

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
If PSU can get T.A. Cunningham out of FL they will be fine with Cook already commited.
Is Gilliam projected as DT or DE? He’s listed as 260 lbs already?
My issue is PSU can’t seem to ever reel in a DT that is ranked really high as a true DT. It’s been an issue for years. They’ve been in to the very end with guys like Wilkins and Breese but can’t seem to close the deal.

EricStratton-RushChairman

Oct 6, 2021
Is Gilliam projected as DT or DE? He’s listed as 260 lbs already?
My issue is PSU can’t seem to ever reel in a DT that is ranked really high as a true DT. It’s been an issue for years. They’ve been in to the very end with guys like Wilkins and Breese but can’t seem to close the deal.
Deja Vu all over again

Reactions: Tom_PSU

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021
I’m bumping this back to the top of the page.

Friday is Nick Marsh commitment day, to bad it’s MSU but being bought is recruiting these days. He’ll see what a lying skunk Mel Tucker is. I heard quite a few things from CU people while skiing in Colorado this past winter.

Saturday though is M. Williams commitment and it should be to the Lions.

Anybody else heard about another possible commitment other than Liam Andrew’s at some point.

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
I’m bumping this back to the top of the page.

Friday is Nick Marsh commitment day, to bad it’s MSU but being bought is recruiting these days. He’ll see what a lying skunk Mel Tucker is. I heard quite a few things from CU people while skiing in Colorado this past winter.

Saturday though is M. Williams commitment and it should be to the Lions.

Anybody else heard about another possible commitment other than Liam Andrew’s at some point.

Friday is the scheduled date for Plazz, Marsh and Satterwhite. Satterwhite doesn't have any CBs on 247. Anyone know what happened or what is happening with him and PSU?

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021
Friday is the scheduled date for Plazz, Marsh and Satterwhite. Satterwhite doesn't have any CBs on 247. Anyone know what happened or what is happening with him and PSU?
Plazz - Miami
Marsh - Michigan St
Satterwhite - Tennessee
Are my guesses, all I know is they ran out of room for interior guy’s

Reactions: LionsAndBears

19333lion

Oct 27, 2021
Plazz - Miami
Marsh - Michigan St
Satterwhite - Tennessee
Are my guesses, all I know is they ran out of room for interior guy’s
Satterwhite had his chance. Hw wanted something we didn't have or didn't offer but he sure would have been welcome not that long ago. Plazz I'm not all that broken up about losing. Too bad about Marsh. He looks like a game changer.

Reactions: LionsAndBears

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Satterwhite had his chance. Hw wanted something we didn't have or didn't offer but he sure would have been welcome not that long ago. Plazz I'm not all that broken up about losing. Too bad about Marsh. He looks like a game changer.
We’ll see. Time will tell. Shorter looked like a game changer also.

Reactions: Bison13

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021
Did we run out of NIL money?
Can’t say honestly, but if you believe the writers Grimsley is/was the only kid on that list the staff truly was pushing hard for.

The same thing can be said of the hand full of kids with offers that committed elsewhere today.
Plazz - Miami
Satterwhite - Tennessee
Daniels - Georgia
Bradford - Liberty
Marsh - Michigan State
Marsh is/was the only kid PS was working hard to get a commitment from.

I follow recruiting but I don’t get to worked up over it anymore. Some of this, so in so hasn’t really progressed from their sophomore season is smoke. A nice way to say the bidding is to rich for us and we don’t have a chance.

They should get a commitment from Williams tomorrow.
The Maryland kid, Harvey, is still in play. To what degree 🤷‍♂️
The same with Liam Andrews

Outside of that, we’re down to trying to flip kids or kids who have great senior seasons that aren’t committed yet.

Reactions: CBusLion10