2027 Recruiting

3397char

All-American
Moderator
Jun 30, 2025
3,853
8,098
113
My last point will focus on Tennessee. I am very surprised that a lot of recruits are still considering Tennessee when they had a lot of players to bolt out last year and some of their top recruits out of the last year's class switched schools as well. With all of that going on, I just do not see why this year's recruits would consider going there when it is clearly evident that something is wrong with the coaching staff there; especially when almost the entire team left after the season last year.
Totally agree. I would not consider TN at all right now if I was a recruit. But they do have money and playing time, so I guess it is just a question of who is savvy enough to find that money and opportunity elsewhere.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tarboy and Jriv23

Jriv23

All-Conference
Jul 31, 2025
2,505
2,599
113
Totally agree. I would not consider TN at all right now if I was a recruit. But they do have money and playing time, so I guess it is just a question of who is savvy enough to find that money and opportunity elsewhere.
Great points. I did consider those facts. Thanks for pointing those out.
 

Jriv23

All-Conference
Jul 31, 2025
2,505
2,599
113
Viewed that as well, the explanation which she provided on why she chose SC, is somewhat vague. Since they only started to recruit her after losing out on other prospects. It's sad that UNC was with her during the whole recovery of the ACL injury, and now she probably going were to the money is.
I tell you one thing, money cannot solve happiness and people who care about you when you are going through tough times like she did with the ACL injury. If it was me, I would definitely have put that in my consideration of schools who still was there with that type of injury. Apparently she is built or wired differently. Well, I wish her nothing but the best.
 
  • Like
Reactions: kjcooper

3397char

All-American
Moderator
Jun 30, 2025
3,853
8,098
113
Speculation here that Ivanna has dropped UofSC from consideration.


She has OV'd to LSU, TX and UNC

She has not listed her finalists and there are no reports of a full OV list, so who knows who else is involved currently.
 

3397char

All-American
Moderator
Jun 30, 2025
3,853
8,098
113
#3 GG Banks has listed her top 3, we are not in it.


If she is deciding between LSU, TX and UofSC, hopefully the winner will have less money and space to pursue other targets we are chasing...

I am updating the original post to reflect recent recruiting info here.

We have 6 recruits at this point who have officially visited UNC and are still undecided
 
Last edited:

kystroup

All-Conference
Mar 29, 2017
615
1,703
93
Speculation here that Ivanna has dropped UofSC from consideration.


She has OV'd to LSU, TX and UNC

She has not listed her finalists and there are no reports of a full OV list, so who knows who else is involved currently.
I worry about Texas selling her on the Booker role. Mulkey and Courtney are so different that if it comes down to it the decision is really just going to be about what type of program she wants to join
 

3397char

All-American
Moderator
Jun 30, 2025
3,853
8,098
113
I worry about Texas selling her on the Booker role. Mulkey and Courtney are so different that if it comes down to it the decision is really just going to be about what type of program she wants to join
I think, generally speaking, fit drives your list of finalists, money drives your decision. I think what we can provide financially is the biggest factor now that we are a finalist. Obviously, we are not going to beat TX and LSU in a fair fight; a straight up duel of checkbooks. Where we have the best chance is when such schools have already signed a couple of top players and their war chest is already depleted some. Ideally someone at their position. Basically, when we treat someone as the top priority versus a top SEC team treating them as a third priority.

This is a massive generalization; it has nothing to do with these specific recruits.
 

23UNC

Senior
Jul 23, 2025
251
753
93
CB has made a change to her recruiting tactics. She has said she will only go after "Harpring" type players who can make an immediate impact. That combined with the entire roster available to return with the fifth year, it will be very interesting who we get from this top tier. It is not out of the question that we take no high school kids and fill in with the portal. As stated above we cannot compete with the top 6-8 schools financially. These schools are all involved with our remaining targets.
 

3397char

All-American
Moderator
Jun 30, 2025
3,853
8,098
113
CB has made a change to her recruiting tactics. She has said she will only go after "Harpring" type players who can make an immediate impact. That combined with the entire roster available to return with the fifth year, it will be very interesting who we get from this top tier. It is not out of the question that we take no high school kids and fill in with the portal. As stated above we cannot compete with the top 6-8 schools financially. These schools are all involved with our remaining targets.
I agree with all of this, but I will add that I think competing in the portal is more financially contingent than HS recruiting, not less.
  • lightning fast window limits relationship building.
  • Leaving home is scary and people seek out family atmosphere in HS recruiting. Transfers are already well used to being on their own and more likely to make a business decision.
  • Pool of talent for immediate major impact is small, creating higher demand.
  • On average, a top portal players are most interested in money; that is the primary reason they are in the portal. They may also be chasing a team with more prestige. If they are chasing more playing time, or just a new start, then they are rarely what most would consider a top target.
There are of course exceptions, but that is a tiny field of unicorns.

I do think that Banghart consistently improves our team moderately in the portal: subtract out what we lost vs what we gain and we are a little ahead. But the most highly regarded players we have gained in the portal have been P4 HM all-conference like Donarski & Akot. Women like Harris and Gakdeng were highly productive at UNC, but they had no accolades coming in; just well-regarded P4 starters. Nivar, Aarnisalo, and others this year were not full-time starters; they were recruited on growth potential.

My point being, we have yet to land a top 10 portal target.
 
Last edited:

DSKiBB8

Redshirt
Jul 31, 2025
20
46
12
I feel good about this recruitment. Us being her last official is awesome. She would be a phenomenal addition. Her and Kate were awesome as teammates in Overtime Elite
 
  • Like
Reactions: tarboy and 3397char
Inside Carolina

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Basketball College Basketball Rankings: Predicting the Preseason AP Poll Top 25 as 2026-27 season approaches
  2. 02 Inside Carolina Basketball Rob's Checklist for the UNC vs. USC Exhibition: First Test for New Tar Heels
  3. 03 Inside Carolina Basketball More Than A Shooter, Matt Able Aims to be Versatile Piece in UNC Lineup
  4. 04 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Intel: The latest on 5-stars Beckham Black, DeMarcus Henry, and Cayden Daughtry
  5. 05 Inside Carolina Football UNC-Pittsburgh's a Billy Edwards Game - Daily Take