IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We have won 11 SEC titles
We have been to the CWS 12 times
We have been in the title game twice
We have been to 34 Regionals and won those 16 times
We have one over 50 games six times
We have one over 40 game 16 times

We may have improved, but when you line them against these other past MSU teams, you can see we just didn't quite have enough consistency throughout the season.

Scottfield1

Nov 21, 2013
We have won 11 SEC titles
We have been to the CWS 12 times
We have been in the title game twice
We have been to 34 Regionals and won those 16 times
We have one over 50 games six times
We have one over 40 game 16 times

We may have improved, but when you line them against these other past MSU teams, you can see we just didn't quite have enough consistency throughout the season.
SEC baseball competition has increased dramatically over the last decade in comparison to the previous history of the program. Why don’t you allow the remainder of the season to play out. This team has been extremely consistent over the second half of the season, which is what good teams should do.

basedawg

Aug 22, 2012
SEC baseball competition has increased dramatically over the last decade in comparison to the previous history of the program. Why don’t you allow the remainder of the season to play out. This team has been extremely consistent over the second half of the season, which is what good teams should do.
I hope we do well in thregional and win it. I’m afraid we don’t have enough depth in our roster to advance. Big thing is competition gets tougher especially playing on the road. We have had a decent season and that’s good, I just think we are too inconsistent To make a strong run moving forward.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Farewell SEC West and SEC East divisions. It’s been a long run. Now being picked last will be an automatic red flag.
See Ya Hello GIF by Wilson Tennis

patdog

May 28, 2007
I hope we do well in thregional and win it. I’m afraid we don’t have enough depth in our roster to advance. Big thing is competition gets tougher especially playing on the road. We have had a decent season and that’s good, I just think we are too inconsistent To make a strong run moving forward.
With Stephen & Cintje, we have a chance to win any regional or super. But this team ain’t coming out of the losers bracket to win a regional, and doubtful we could win game 3 in a super.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Hey we didn’t finish last!!!
That’s so 17-ing embarrassing that we were even picked last but you idiots go ahead and pund your chest and say how great we were to not finish last.
What a loser mentality!
Sad ?!?!
Really ?!?!
You obviously accept being average and are part of that participation trophy mentality.

basedawg

Aug 22, 2012
With Stephen & Cintje, we have a chance to win any regional or super. But this team ain’t coming out of the losers bracket to win a regional, and doubtful we could win game 3 in a super.
Yes for our two starters, but what really concerns me is lack of clutch hitting. We left a ton of runners on base.
Btw, leadership is better but we need more, this goes for players and coaches. Lord knows we need 101 fundamental base running practice. This goes back to being laid back in not getting players attention to hard work.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Hey we didn’t finish last!!!
That’s so 17-ing embarrassing that we were even picked last but you idiots go ahead and pund your chest and say how great we were to not finish last.
What a loser mentality!
Who is “punding” their chest that we didn’t finish last?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I'm not saying the season is over. I was comparing this year's to previous seasons. Again, we have improved this season over the last two. But at the same time, you have to admit that this team has not performed consistently.

I was trying to point out that we actually have one program that is considered a good one. This has nothing to do with what we did today. There are several opinions about this year's team. I was just trying to say that, even if we have improved, this performance is nothing like we usually have around here.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yes for our two starters, but what really concerns me is lack of clutch hitting. We left a ton of runners on base.
Btw, leadership is better but we need more, this goes for players and coaches. Lord knows we need 101 fundamental base running practice. This goes back to being laid back in not getting players attention to hard work.
Agree. We have maybe 4 good hitters. Then it drops off dramatically. One of the four is out injured and one is in a slump. That makes it difficult to score runs. At times, when everything is clicking, this can be a really good team. But the margins are razor thin. Doesn’t take much to turn it into a pretty bad one.

Reactions: basedawg

basedawg

Aug 22, 2012
You have to practice hard to be more consistent. This has been a big issue over now the last 3 years.

Reactions: patdog