At least ESPN is giving us a shot ....

msugradawg

Feb 23, 2008
..to go to Atlanta next year....more then they give KY, AR or Vandy...

8. Mississippi State Bulldogs
What we know: Sylvester Croom has the Bulldogs believing they can compete in the West.
What we don't know: Does Mississippi State have enough playmakers on offense to make a run?
How the Bulldogs can get to Atlanta: Quarterback Wesley Carroll needs a big sophomore season.

sports.espn.go.com/ncf/ne...id=3257667

G

Goat Holder

but, I'm still used to thinking like I did during the Jackal years. Maybe Croom will take those expectations and get something out of the players.

thunderclap

Feb 25, 2008
we could generate an offense that could finish in top 70 in the country, we could be a dangerous team.

But that's a big if.

msugradawg

Feb 23, 2008
If you look at the West we have a shot.....
Ole Miss- No shot
Arky- New coach, no backfield
Auburn- no cox, new offensive schemes
Bama- Will be better, but 3 in a row would also be sweet
LSU- will pound us
Vandy- @ home, no earl bennett
KY- @ home, no QB
TN- closer then maybe expected, no ainge

VinceVega70

Sep 24, 2007
Kodi Burns will be a big factor for Auburn this year. Cox was overrated. I predict they will have a much better year this year. Burns adds mobility and elusiveness that will keep defenses honest.

G

Goat Holder

Of course we have a chance. A big chance. We can beat everyone in our division maybe except @LSU, and they seem to get knocked off by a couple every year. So it's there for the taking.

But I've seen this **** too many times. We'll probably lose to Ole Miss and lose the West to Arkansas or some ****.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
is going to suck ***.

1. LSU
2. Auburn
3. Alabama
4. State
5. Arky
6. Ole Miss

1. UGA
2. Florida
3. UT
4. Carolina
5. Kentucky
6. Vandy

Sutterkane

Jan 23, 2007
aren't their best receivers walk-ons? I remember hearing somewhere that they were really lacking at WR. Plus, just because you can run around doesn't mean you're a great QB. He has to be able to throw it some. He's hardly a Mike Vick or Vince Young.

1MSUDawgFan

Feb 23, 2008
Quote:_________________________________________________lose the West to Arkansas or some ****. _________________________________________________

Other years I can see this happening. Not next year thouhg. They lose WAY too much in terms of talent. Not only is McFadden and Jones gone, so is Monk, Peyton Hillis and there are a few others on the DLine. If ever there was a year we need to beat Arkansas, it's next year.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think you've got it right Costanza. I might swap USC and Tennessee, but otherwise I agree with you completely. Georgia and Florida are going to both be loaded this year. I think either of them could potentially win the national championship.

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
Exactly. UGA and Florida should be the class of the SEC. I don't think there is a team in the West that comes close to being in their league next year.

Next year is a good year to be a dark horse and have a shot at making a run at the West, because no one in the West is national championship caliber. Granted, all you'll get for winning the West is a chance to go party in Atlanta and watch your team get blasted by UGA or UF, and then go play in the Cotton Bowl.

rebelrouseri

Jan 24, 2007
who have recruited for power running games the last four years will get new oc's and run the spread. My guess is you want to play them early and both have lots of growing pains.

Stansfield

Apr 3, 2007
Quote:_________________________________________________because no one in the West is national championship caliber_________________________________________________

Except for LSU, I agree with that.