Bases loaded. Choke artist at the plate

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Perspective...

This season (and all but 1 team's season) will be over in less than 30 days. Enjoy it, love it or hate it, only support the team when they win, or beat our young men down without mercy online and around the water cooler at work when they lose or slump. Up to you and your own moral code.

Tanner is right. There is a "line" that you are free to cross, but when you do, you lose respect as a man, as a decent human. Sadly, that happens so often online as keyboard warriors with internet ballz vent and attack their own team and coaches. It's what we make fun of the callers on Finebaum for, so expect that people will see you as "Al from Dadeville" or "Jay from Huntsville" that live life off the rails and people laugh at you and pity you for the way you lose perspective and attack 20 year old men on social media, behaving as an overly triggered, emotional, unhinged "fan" anonymously behind a screen.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2012
Dakota Jordan hasn't been very good with the bases loaded all season. He has struck out with them loaded with less than 2 outs also. Other than Vandy, Hines isn't any better. A lot of talent between the two but something is off the rails.

I think DJ needs to slow down. He swings out of his shoes every swing. Sometimes it is good to slow the bat down to keep it in the zone. Hujsak game winner against A&M is a prime example.

Hines just looks like he has no clue at the plate. He either hammers it to first of it is an inside pitch or weak grounder to 2nd on outside. Nothing up the middle or opposite field.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
Starting with Arkansas through Vandy game tonight here is how our guys have batted over last 10 games

Name AB H SO Avg

Chance 42 12 7 .286

Mershon 43 13 14 .302

Jordan 42 9 13 .214

Hines 43 3 19 .070

Larry 40 13 6 .325

Kohler 40 12 12 .300

Long 25 1 10 .040

Hujsak 10 4 4 .400
I knew Larry had really improved but I didn't know that much. He's got a great approach right now.

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
Touche’. They’ll never make another like him.
Name Consecutive_games
Cal Ripken Jr. 2,632 (final game-2 for 4 incl HR)
Lou Gehrig 2,130
Everett Scott 1,307
Steve Garvey 1,207
Miguel Tejada 1,152 (.300 BA during)
Billy Williams 1,117 (.322 BA during)
Joe Sewell 1,103 (.324 BA during)
Stan Musial 895 (.328 BA during)
Eddie Yost 829
Gus Suhr 822

dstatechamps

Oct 15, 2006
No kidding… man there are some miserable guys that post here. Neither of these guys will benefit from being benched. They are both too talented to put on the bench and Jordan is a plus fielder on top of that. Drop them in the order but they shouldn’t come out of the lineup.
This thread is one of those that reminds me how miserable and pitiful some of our "fans" are. Easy to be overly critical of someone that is doing something the fan couldn't do if their life depended on it. Weak-*** ********. I am glad I do not know some of y'all personally.

By the way, not a boomer. Gen X here and you can kiss my ***.

Reactions: pmack3641
Apr 6, 2024
This thread is one of those that reminds me how miserable and pitiful some of our "fans" are. Easy to be overly critical of someone that is doing something the fan couldn't do if their life depended on it. Weak-*** ********. I am glad I do not know some of y'all personally.

I'm not ronpolk, but I am Gen X and you can take a long walk off a short pier. Delta State? Lol.

Reactions: JacksonCPAdawg

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Is bitching here on SPS the same as putting a player on blast on Twitter? Asking for a friend.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008

I could easily go 0-18 and strike out with the bases loaded. Easily!

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
I don't know the exact numbers but I remember Jake Mangum had something like a 4 game slump back in 2019. And he's THE MAYOR.
I don't know the answer as to what it would take to get these guys out of their slump, but it's not completely unprecedented.
Yes, this is the worst time to enter a slump, and I'm sure they are aware of it. But it has to end sometime, right?!?

dstatechamps

Oct 15, 2006
So players aren't above criticism? Spare me the tears for a player that tried to transfer last year because of NIL that is 0fer in his last 30 AB
No tears, it’s just tiring seeing a bunch of middle-aged dudes hiding behind a keyboard bashing these guys.

At least tell us it makes you feel better about your sh!tty existence. Because if it doesn’t, you’re not accomplishing anything here.

Reactions: JonJuanQuixote

dstatechamps

Oct 15, 2006
I don't know the exact numbers but I remember Jake Mangum had something like a 4 game slump back in 2019. And he's THE MAYOR.
I don't know the answer as to what it would take to get these guys out of their slump, but it's not completely unprecedented.
Yes, this is the worst time to enter a slump, and I'm sure they are aware of it. But it has to end sometime, right?!?
I have faith they will figure it out. Too talented to not.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
I couldn't hit a baseball any better now than I could 40 years ago. And I am no baseball coach or semi-expert, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn the other night and I would...

SIT DJ FOR THE NEXT TWO GAMES -- MORE IF HIS REPLACEMENT PROVES PRODUCTIVE AT THE PLATE.

PLAY LONG SPARINGLY (VERY SPARINGLY) AS A CATCHER AND NEVER EVER USE HIM AS A DH.

MOVE HINES TO THE 8th OR 9th SPOT IN THE LINEUP.

and wouldn't think twice about it.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I couldn't hit a baseball any better now than I could 40 years ago. And I am no baseball coach or semi-expert, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn the other night and I would...

SIT DJ FOR THE NEXT TWO GAMES -- MORE IF HIS REPLACEMENT PROVES PRODUCTIVE AT THE PLATE.

PLAY LONG SPARINGLY (VERY SPARINGLY) AS A CATCHER AND NEVER EVER USE HIM AS A DH.

What does that accomplish though, moving Jordan to the bench? Do you think we have a player with more talent and potential sitting on the bench? If the coaches believe it’s an effort issue then by all means bench him. I just don’t believe in benching a guy like Jordan because of a slump. He stands a better chance of breaking the slump by playing… not sitting on the bench.

If I were Lemonis, I’d have a talk with Jordan and Hines today and tell them this team won’t go far in postseason without them and that I have complete confidence in them as players. They need to relax and play ball.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
What does that accomplish though, moving Jordan to the bench? Do you think we have a player with more talent and potential sitting on the bench? If the coaches believe it’s an effort issue then by all means bench him. I just don’t believe in benching a guy like Jordan because of a slump. He stands a better chance of breaking the slump by playing… not sitting on the bench.

If I were Lemonis, I’d have a talk with Jordan and Hines today and tell them this team won’t go far in postseason without them and that I have complete confidence in them as players. They need to relax and play ball.
That's why you're RonPolk and I'm not.

• Haha
Reactions: ronpolk

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Did you miss the numerous other posters bashing Jordan? Definitely more than just Irish. I agree with you on Irish though. I don’t respond to him.
Just so I’m not lumped in that group. My, He is such a bi+ch, comment was directed at Irish, not DJ.

DawgieDust

Nov 6, 2017
In the past, players at State have always improved with their swing, approach, launch angles, ect. Brent Rooker, Jordan Westburg, Justin Foscue, Tanner Allen to name a few. Hunter Hines has never taken that next step on improving, it's still the same approach as from day one.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007

DJ’s replacement came in and got a huge hit in the 9th. Something DJ hasn’t even done in the past 5 or 6 games once. And not with anybody on base in god knows how long.

What do you mean “what does this accomplish”? He shouldn’t have been in one of the top 4 spots for weeks now. As of today, he just needs to sit down and get out of the way.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Neither of these guys will benefit from being benched. They are both too talented to put on the bench

Strike outs are valuable to the team? Literally, no one else is pitching around these two. The book is out.

Oct 13, 2012

damn found the tough guy

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Strike outs are valuable to the team? Literally, no one else is pitching around these two. The book is out.
0-18 but jogs off the field after the strikeouts*****

go to a mid major if you want to be pampered and not have to worry about the factual keyboard statisticians

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021

Bingle? Is that you?*************

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
DJ’s replacement came in and got a huge hit in the 9th. Something DJ hasn’t even done in the past 5 or 6 games once. And not with anybody on base in god knows how long.

What do you mean “what does this accomplish”? He shouldn’t have been in one of the top 4 spots for weeks now. As of today, he just needs to sit down and get out of the way.
We should definitely start Chester over an all sec player.

• Haha
Reactions: 3-2 Dawg

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Looks like Tanner will need to police the twitters again. A no hitter through 4.

edit: a basehit in the 5th. Yee haw.

Last edited:

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
You don't sit Hines and DJ.

Y'all sound like my mother-in-law. Uninformed, unhinged, emotionally irrational, and bored with nothing else to do.
Players get sat all the time if they aren't performing. Even in the pros.
difference the way Jake played. Even if he wasn't hitting he was still leading and hustling and pumping up his team mates. Jordan doesn't even look like he wants to be there.