Brandon Turnage

Ralph Cramden

Redshirt
Jan 7, 2020
2,696
0
0
I doubt he would start but would definitely be good depth. Doubt he would beat out Emerson Forbes or Furdge.
 

Uncle Ruckus

All-American
Apr 1, 2011
15,306
6,696
113
Well he definitely ain’t beating out Emerson since he wouldn’t be eligible until next season and Emerson will be gone
 

Irondawg

Senior
Dec 2, 2007
2,965
620
113
The issue with this is the sitting out a year for transferring within the SEC. same with Eddie Smith situation - I just can’t see kids that are transferring because of pt choosing to sit out a year
 

oxfordrebel22

Sophomore
Oct 31, 2013
1,928
134
63
The issue with this is the sitting out a year for transferring within the SEC. same with Eddie Smith situation - I just can’t see kids that are transferring because of pt choosing to sit out a year

There seems to be a lot of confidence in that not sticking and them waiving it and allowing kids to transfer freely in conference.
 

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
There seems to be a lot of confidence in that not sticking and them waiving it and allowing kids to transfer freely in conference.
I know a lot of people are worried but I still think this will be an overall good thing for teams like MSU and OM.

I see MANY more players choosing to leave blue blood programs due to being buried on the depth charts, than players leaving the have-nots to go to a blue blood. The only way I see it hurting a have-not is if it's an impact player leaving, but honestly, how often will that truly happen? Players don't usually transfer when they are starting/playing.

That said, it will impact the G5 I think. But once players get to P5 I doubt there will be much moving around unless it's a LACK of playing time, which is going to happen most at the blue bloods.
 

johnson86-1

All-American
Aug 22, 2012
15,155
5,705
113
I know a lot of people are worried but I still think this will be an overall good thing for teams like MSU and OM.

I see MANY more players choosing to leave blue blood programs due to being buried on the depth charts, than players leaving the have-nots to go to a blue blood. The only way I see it hurting a have-not is if it's an impact player leaving, but honestly, how often will that truly happen? Players don't usually transfer when they are starting/playing.

That said, it will impact the G5 I think. But once players get to P5 I doubt there will be much moving around unless it's a LACK of playing time, which is going to happen most at the blue bloods.

Probably won't be a lot of SEC starters transferring to take a shot at playing for a blue blood unless they are just stuck on an awful team. More likely to hurt when we have underclassmen that will be starters leave because they get impatient or when we have upperclassmen that provide important depth decide they'd rather be a star. Not sure that will outweigh us getting players buried on the depth chart at blue bloods.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou