Brown not visiting

The Ganner

All-Conference
Nov 21, 2009
437
1,191
93
Well you just got a commitment from Zoom Diallo. That pretty much eliminates other PG targets right?
Pope was talking about playing 2 PGs or a PG and a combo guard together this year. But Alex Wilkins seems to be the top target for that spot, and I don't think we'd get Diallo, Wilkins, AND Brown. Now, if we miss on Wilkins with Cruz Davis and now apparently Brown out, we have a problem.
 
  • Like
Reactions: cornbreadnmilk

SkyPrince

All-Conference
Jul 7, 2025
692
1,143
93
With Dixson in the portal and Mingo back on the market, Brown has probably been promised a starting job at UNC.
 

UKSanders

Senior
Aug 27, 2007
425
845
93
Yeah, I would love to see Pope lock up these guys for the backcourt

Diallo - check
Wilkins Furman
One of the following:
- Cox Colgate
- McNeil NC ST - his shooting would be huge
- Terrence Hill VCU
 

cornbreadnmilk

All-American
Nov 5, 2025
1,702
6,529
113
Yeah, I would love to see Pope lock up these guys for the backcourt

Diallo - check
Wilkins Furman
One of the following:
- Cox Colgate
- McNeil NC ST - his shooting would be huge
- Terrence Hill VCU
I don't think UK is even in on Hill.
 
Oct 23, 2025
616
815
93
With Dixson in the portal and Mingo back on the market, Brown has probably been promised a starting job at UNC.
Dixon committed to Arizona for a reported $2 million.

Matt Norlander reported that Mingo got hurt again recently and is expected to redshirt (he missed most of his senior season with injuries too.) This gives some context to the reports that Coach Malone moved on from Mingo. You don't want to spend millions on a kid who is too injured to play. I suspect Mingo was a desperation recruit for Hubert, and I can only imagine the reaction by the fans when they found out he was redshirting had Hubert kept his job.

I suspect your read is right and Brown has been offered a starting role at UNC. I saw an interesting tweet that really encapsulates the Mike Malone philosophy. The 4 UNC guards that entered the transfer portal were terrible at attacking the basket. I suspect Malone kicked them all to the curb for that reason.
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Football Will Stein Downplays Kentucky's AP Top 25 Ranking, Dylan Stewart's Absence
  2. 02 KSR Basketball Recruiting 5-star PG Reese Alston completes official visit to Kentucky
  3. 03 KSR Basketball Recruiting Paul Osaruyi takes KSR behind the scenes of his official visit to Kentucky
  4. 04 KSR Basketball Kam Williams hopes to complete full transition from scoreboard operator to draft pick—and champion
  5. 05 KSR Football Kentucky is bringing back the chrome domes at South Carolina