Btw: RPI for Missouri games

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Each win we lose 3 RPI points… each loss is -59 RPI points.

meaning without any games outside of ours entering the equation even with a sweep we wont see our RPI rise. winning 2 of 3 will see our RPI drop to 23.

a sweep is a must to host. Without help.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Sweep and we’re probably about #18 and very much in contention to host. Lose 1 and we’re about #23 and probably need a couple of SECT wins.

Reactions: msudawg200

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
We have received zero help tonight elsewhere, unless you count SC losing to Tennessee, which I don’t really.

Duke beat North Carolina, NC State up 7-3 on Wake, ECU and Virginia both beat bad teams. Arizona-Oregon State just now getting started.

Reactions: HuntDawg

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
We have received zero help tonight elsewhere, unless you count SC losing to Tennessee, which I don’t really.

Duke beat North Carolina, NC State up 7-3 on Wake, ECU and Virginia both beat bad teams. Arizona-Oregon State just now getting started.
Actually awful scenario

Virginia and east carolina both win

the Duke win is massive and currently nc state is rolling.

Oregon state up 4-0 in the process of locking up their host spot

only good thing that happened for us is our win and South Carolina losing. That’s it

Reactions: HarveyDogMan

patdog

May 28, 2007
Actually awful scenario

Virginia and east carolina both win

the Duke win is massive and currently nc state is rolling.

Oregon state up 4-0 in the process of locking up their host spot

only good thing that happened for us is our win and South Carolina losing. That’s it
I really think it just comes down to us. Live RPI is down to 19, but only 6 points from 17. If we sweep, I think we host. Sweep + 1 win in SECT and I think that just about guarantees it. Lose one, and we need a really good week next week.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I really think it just comes down to us. Live RPI is down to 19, but only 6 points from 17. If we sweep, I think we host. Sweep + 1 win in SECT and I think that just about guarantees it. Lose one, and we need a really good week next week.
our RPI is going to keep dropping this weekend though.

duke with another win is going to widen the gap. If nc state wins tmw they jump us in the RPI.

also one South Carolina win drops us a spot as well. Although they don’t matter for a host spot now, it’ll make our RPI possibly 21-22 ish.

do agree. Sweep and 1 in Hoover is enough. Sweep and the right help will be good too. But we didn’t get any help tonight

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
That doesn’t factor in NC State over Wake yet and they’re currently up 14-3. We probably drop to 20 once that is final.

Duke and NC State winning those series would potentially be a fairly large problem for us.

patdog

May 28, 2007
That doesn’t factor in NC State over Wake yet and they’re currently up 14-3. We probably drop to 20 once that is final.

Duke and NC State winning those series would potentially be a fairly large problem for us.
NC State win is project to only move them to tie for 20.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
NC State win is project to only move them to tie for 20.
Oops my bad nc state has already jumped us.

live RPI has us at 20

it hasn’t been a good might for help

one South Carolina win drops us out of the top 20

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018

Duke especially as there is zero shot Carolina loses a hosting spot

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Oklahoma State and USCB didn’t play tonight but we need to keep an eye on both of their series too.

The worry I have with our resume is we kinda lack the quantity of high end series wins that some other teams have. The Georgia series win has aged amazingly, but others like LSU and Vandy and even Bama (lost to Auburn and are now 12-16) are just kinda OK.

Compare that to NC State and then to Duke if they win the UNC series, they both just have more good series wins than us.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
Wake is a lock too. We’re still only 5 points out of 18th. But we can’t improve our points this weekend. Probably lose 7-8 even with a sweep. We may need a little help or a couple of wins next weekend after all.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I think Wake is fine too unless they get swept and fall to 15-15 in their league.

The more I look at NC State, the more I think they are a slam dunk to host with one more win. They have literally taken the series or at least split with all the other good ACC teams. The only reason they are even on the bubble is because they got swept twice by Georgia Tech and Louisville early on. But they’ve been on a major heater in the second half of the year.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Oklahoma State and USCB didn’t play tonight but we need to keep an eye on both of their series too.

The worry I have with our resume is we kinda lack the quantity of high end series wins that some other teams have. The Georgia series win has aged amazingly, but others like LSU and Vandy and even Bama (lost to Auburn and are now 12-16) are just kinda OK.

Compare that to NC State and then to Duke if they win the UNC series, they both just have more good series wins than us.
Only 3 teams have more Q1 wins than we do. On the flip side, you have to go all the way down to #44 Texas to find a team with more Q4 losses. If we don’t host, those losses will be the reason.

Reactions: kired and HuntDawg

patdog

May 28, 2007
It’s going to be an interesting bubble. I won’t feel good if we drop either of the next two… and I’d love to get some help tomorrow. Perfect storm against us tonight RPI wise
I think if we lose 1, it may be over. At a minimum we’d need at least 2 SECT wins. Maybe 3. And I don’t see us getting 3 wins.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Oregon State did beat Arizona late last night which I believe is a positive for us. OSU winning the series would remove the possibility of two Pac 12 hosts.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
If we lose tonight we likely fall to the 23-25 range. That would not be be enough to host.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Oregon State did beat Arizona late last night which I believe is a positive for us. OSU winning the series would remove the possibility of two Pac 12 hosts.
I dont think the Pac was ever getting 2. It was one or the other.

Its going to come down to how many ACC host schools are they willing to dole out, and what does the committee make of UCSB.

Also will the big 12 be rewarded 2 spots.

RIght now I agree its hard to argue with NC State and their 6 rated SOS. And if Duke beats UNC again. They'll be 36-17 (1 game behind us if we sweep) with more quad 1 wins and an RPI thats probably 4-5 points higher than ours. They'll be hard to ignore too.

The commitee will like our conference record but how heavy will the committee weight the fact we dodge Kentucky and Tennesee to get that record.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
If we lose tonight we likely fall to the 23-25 range. That would not be be enough to host.
The good news about tonight is... if we win, we likely wont drop any spots. Last night even with the win we dropped 4 spots. Tonight they only way we really drop a spot is if we lose, and then we'll see a large drop.

All that said, if we are still 20 after tonight. Its bad news, because that means all the teams ahead of us have won again... and widen their margin b/t us and them as well.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I dont think the Pac was ever getting 2. It was one or the other.

Its going to come down to how many ACC host schools are they willing to dole out, and what does the committee make of UCSB.

Also will the big 12 be rewarded 2 spots.

RIght now I agree its hard to argue with NC State and their 6 rated SOS. And if Duke beats UNC again. They'll be 36-17 (1 game behind us if we sweep) with more quad 1 wins and an RPI thats probably 4-5 points higher than ours. They'll be hard to ignore too.

The commitee will like our conference record but how heavy will the committee weight the fact we dodge Kentucky and Tennesee to get that record.
I’ve wondered about how far into the weeds our schedule would be scrutinized. We absolutely benefited from getting the two non-Hoover teams both in Starkville. We went 12-12 against everyone else.

Reactions: patdog and HuntDawg

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Virginia just locked up their host spot.

39-14, 17 acc wins, RPI that sits at 11. They are hosting.

Duke and ECU both winning early.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Locks:

SEC- 5 total : TxAM (1), Kentucky (2), UGA (3), Ark (4), Tenn (5)
ACC- 4 total: UNC (6), Clemson (7), FSU (8), Virginia (11)
PAC 12: Oregon State (12)
Big 12: Oklahoma (13)
MV: Indiana State (10)

Almost Guarenteed:
ACC- Wake (9)- probably needs 1 more win
American- ECU (15)- probably needs 2 more wins to do it

That just leaves two spots:
UCSB, Duke, NC State, Mississippi State, Oklahoma State

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I’ve wondered about how far into the weeds our schedule would be scrutinized. We absolutely benefited from getting the two non-Hoover teams both in Starkville. We went 12-12 against everyone else.
True, but we also went 4-5 against the teams we played that are currently ranked in the RPI Top 5.

And 6 of those games were on the road.

Can't hurt when compared to teams that played less or no teams of that caliber.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I'll just say this about UCSB. The best RPI team they played all season was #21 UC Irvine. And they lost 2 of 3 on the road.

I don't care what their RPI is, at 36-12 with no wins over Top 20 RPI teams, they should not host.

Reactions: patdog

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I'll just say this about UCSB. The best RPI team they played all season was #21 UC Irvine. And they lost 2 of 3 on the road.

I don't care what their RPI is, at 36-12 with no wins over Top 20 RPI teams, they should not host.
I agree. They seem the weakest of the bunch. Unless the committee is just looking for another west coast host… I can’t see taking them over the other bubble teams I listed.

However that said if duke and nc state win 1 more their resume looks better than ours. with one more win over unc duke is essentially a lock

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Gonna come down to next week. I can’t see us securing a bid this weekend. I’d love to know how many sec teams outside the top 20 rpi have hosted in the last 5 seasons

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Gonna come down to next week. I can’t see us securing a bid this weekend. I’d love to know how many sec teams outside the top 20 rpi have hosted in the last 5 seasons
The real hammer we hold is 18 wins in the sec. If we can get to that point. But Arkansas missed hosting with 18 a few years back

Outside of 18 conference wins our resume is pretty meh. Georgia at home being the best series win on our schedule and a handful of bad losses…. But again 18 sec wins is a big hammer

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I agree. They seem the weakest of the bunch. Unless the committee is just looking for another west coast host… I can’t see taking them over the other bubble teams I listed.

However that said if duke and nc state win 1 more their resume looks better than ours. with one more win over unc duke is essentially a lock

I agree.

And Duke is now leading. They've had a nice season.

patdog

May 28, 2007

I don' think they will host. No matter RPI.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Nice Kohler!!

Come on Powell. Give us some breathing room here.

ETA, lol, wrong thread ...

trob115

Jul 5, 2011
The committee counts our midweek game against ole Miss as a conference win, according to D1 baseball. That should help things too

Reactions: She Mate Me

HotMop

May 8, 2006

I found this as well on the interwebs...

To accommodate the strain of hosting two baseball teams, Caesar Uyesaka Stadium has undergone many upgrades to provide an enjoyable experience to the crowds. Recent upgrades since 2006 include a 1,600-square-foot (150 m2) clubhouse (including lockers and showers) and covered hitting/pitching facility.

The upgrades, however, have not brought Caesar Uyesaka up to minimum standards to host an NCAA Division I baseball tournament regional or super regional tournament. The stadium lacks an adequate press facilities and the capacity is short of what the NCAA desires for a host site. UCSB hosted a 2015 regional at the Lake Elsinore Diamond in Riverside County, a drive which often takes more than three hours and is routed through Glendale and Pasadena, among other locales.

Capacity is listed at 1000.

Reactions: She Mate Me