BWI Film Club: New Movie Trailers…

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
I just watched it last night. I thought it was just OK.

I haven't been too impressed with a lot of 'direct to streaming' films, especially Netflix offerings (Mank notwithstanding). Fincher has another coming to Netflix soon too - this will reunite him with Se7en screenwriter Andrew Kevin Walker (he also polished scripts for The Game and Fight Club) and adapted from a comic book called The Killer about a Paris based hitman who develops a conscious. Oh - starring Michael Fassbender.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Banshees of Inisherin 👍👍👍👍
A sometimes hilarious, and overall somber film about relationships, life, and existential crisis. Great performance from Colin Farrell, Brendan Gleeson, Kerry Condon (Mike’s daughter in law in BCS) and Barry Keoghan. Should garner best film award as well as some best actor awards. By Martin McDonagh who wrote In Bruges and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Mo.

Last edited:

NewEra 2014

Oct 12, 2021
I haven't been too impressed with a lot of 'direct to streaming' films, especially Netflix offerings (Mank notwithstanding). Fincher has another coming to Netflix soon too - this will reunite him with Se7en screenwriter Andrew Kevin Walker (he also polished scripts for The Game and Fight Club) and adapted from a comic book called The Killer about a Paris based hitman who develops a conscious. Oh - starring Michael Fassbender.
I believe AKW is a Penn Stater. I am fraternity brothers with his older brother.

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021
I'm not a fan of documentaries, but a friend suggested I should give it a look. I thought it was so interesting and gives a very good perspective of the life of Monroe. Great information on interviews by Anthony Summers.

Anthony Summers, the author of the book Goddess (1985),[5][6] explains he began researching Marilyn Monroe after he learned that the Los Angeles County District Attorney was reopening the case of her death. Summers subsequently spent three years collecting 650 tape-recorded interviews with people who either knew Monroe in her lifetime or had knowledge concerning her death. The audio of the interviews is original, but actors perform lip-synced reenactments.

As Monroe began acting, she had affairs with multiple powerful men who helped advance her career. Fellow actor Jane Russell notes Monroe had a particularly strong work ethic. However, Monroe suffered from poor mental health stemming from a troubled childhood.

Attachments

• 1670781386349.png
    1670781386349.png
    127.6 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Midnighter

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021
Probably not for too many of us but I see at least one reason to watch ...
Barbie

Last edited:

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Passengers on an exploratory mission? "There's something alien out there" Isn't he the alien and whatever is out there indigenous? Maybe I'll just have to watch to find out.
Kind of looks “meh” to me

Last edited:
Reactions: Woodpecker

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
The Pale Blue Eye on Netflix was excellent. Slow moving but a great mystery and scenery. Filmed outside of Pittsburgh plus John Fetterman and wife are extras in a tavern scene!!

https://uncoveringpa.com/filming-locations-the-pale-blue-eye-pennsylvania

Holy crap. I saw that picture and thought it was a fake. Really looking forward to watching.

Two horror movies getting a lot of buzz/critical acclaim are Speak No Evil and Barbarian. Barbarian is currently on HBO Max.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Holy crap. I saw that picture and thought it was a fake. Really looking forward to watching.

Two horror movies getting a lot of buzz/critical acclaim are Speak No Evil and Barbarian. Barbarian is currently on HBO Max.

Barbarian was gruesome

• Wow

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Barbarian was gruesome

I typically don’t watch horror movies. Midsommor was an exception. I’ve read the plot details for Speak No Evil and Barbarian and Speak No Evil seems way more depraved - probably because it doesn’t involve any monster types…but rather, regular people.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
I typically don’t watch horror movies. Midsommor was an exception. I’ve read the plot details for Speak No Evil and Barbarian and Speak No Evil seems way more depraved - probably because it doesn’t involve any monster types…but rather, regular people.
Barbarian is “regular” people too! 🫣

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021
Sorry, I posted this in the wrong thread earlier
Linoleum

Last edited:

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021
Timeout in the McAndrew sin bin!
😂