Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Franklin getting fidgety?

Franklin seeing these contracts.....

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Tom you think that is good move for them ? But I believe they could not get who they wanted

I'm not sure. Only time will tell. It probably is a good move in the short term, if they didn't have an alternative lined up a lot of their players may have jumped into the portal. I don't follow GT enough to know if they were targeting somebody else.

Reactions: pap

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Remember when Herman was the hottest name out there….still think he needed more time at Texas.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

They all say this. "Right now." My read: Come January 10th he just might have plans to go somewhere else and this statement means absolutely nothing.

possibly. FootballScoop had a piece last night that stated (regarding Cincy's efforts to replace Fickell):

"While several additional candidates have emerged for the Bearcats’ head job, sources on Wednesday told FootballScoop that there has been a gain in momentum for star Ohio State assistant coach Brian Hartline. Sources told FootballScoop that Cincinnati’s formal interview with Hartline was expected to take place in the near future, perhaps as soon as Thursday."

Hartline has had opportunities in the past. It could be that he truly is not going elsewhere, or it could be that he's trying to reassure tOSU recruits at the same time that he's being interviewed elsewhere, or he could be putting this out there as a total smokescreen, and he's planning to move on. I really have no insight on what is happening.

Reactions: VaDave4PSU

pap

Nov 1, 2021
I'm not sure. Only time will tell. It probably is a good move in the short term, if they didn't have an alternative lined up a lot of their players may have jumped into the portal. I don't follow GT enough to know if they were targeting somebody else.
Thank you for replying and the insight .

PSUSignore

Oct 25, 2021
possibly. FootballScoop had a piece last night that stated (regarding Cincy's efforts to replace Fickell):

"While several additional candidates have emerged for the Bearcats’ head job, sources on Wednesday told FootballScoop that there has been a gain in momentum for star Ohio State assistant coach Brian Hartline. Sources told FootballScoop that Cincinnati’s formal interview with Hartline was expected to take place in the near future, perhaps as soon as Thursday."

Hartline has had opportunities in the past. It could be that he truly is not going elsewhere, or it could be that he's trying to reassure tOSU recruits at the same time that he's being interviewed elsewhere, or he could be putting this out there as a total smokescreen, and he's planning to move on. I really have no insight on what is happening.
I'm not saying he's gone. I'm saying that his statement doesn't necessarily mean that he's staying, which is how many will interpret it.

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021
I really have no insight on what is happening.

Why leave? Day might dip. He'd probably be the choice to replace him. I don't think Day had a "top 5 job" resume when he took over. Hartline has considerably less, but it just seems like the next move.

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021
Briles will be a tough sell. No doubt he can coach but brings a lot of baggage. Being a strong Christian school be interesting to see if they would take a shot on Briles and ask for forgiveness or if they would take a hard pass.
Unless you’re from PSU, I’m not convinced prior transgressions really matter.

WVilleLion

Oct 13, 2021
Anyone find it funny in the reports saying Deion is down to 2-3 teams, yet supposedly two of those teams haven’t even contacted him . 🤣😂 He plays Colorado too much here they might just pass.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Anyone find it funny in the reports saying Deion is down to 2-3 teams, yet supposedly two of those teams haven’t even contacted him . 🤣😂 He plays Colorado too much here they might just pass.
We’ll see if he announces his decision tomorrow, as he said he would.

FTLPSU

Oct 6, 2021
Hartline wants to be the OC at OSU…and obviously the HC job if it opened up…if Meyer got a top job in CF prior to JAX he would have been his OC at USC, Texas etc…