Corbin postgame

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
@ssholes with means, there’s a difference! Actually if you met him you’d never know he has money. He buys his clothes at the thrift store a lot of the time and all four kids worked through high school and college to pay for their education, he paid for just the basics. All four kids drove the same car in succession through high school.
Now this sounds like a true "boomer". Or the ones I know.

And when i say "boomer". I don't mean in a derogatory sense. I mean the actual people of that generation.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
He answered her question on pitching to Hines. "Didn't execute the pitch." Obviously she doesn't know what that means based on her tweet.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Does he have lip herpes and over 40 straight brimmed hat syndrome?

You know we bag on coaches all the time (opponents and our own), but I saw a segment a few years ago about Tim Corbin buying an RV and traveling with his wife during the cancelled COVID season, but he always parked at a hotel for the night and booked a room to sleep. What a cöçksucker. That's somewhere between stealing from the Cancer kids and banging the assistant coaches wife and having a motorcycle wreck with her for me.
Corbin snores...worse than the whistler, whistles. She needs some separation.
Just a guess.

Jan 4, 2024
She lacks tact and manners. So crass and (matter of factually) moments after a tough loss but a gentleman takes the high road especially with ladies. Both Failed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anon1664516582

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
I still hate those 17'ers if for nothing else for laying down that bunt on the last out in the CWS

Reactions: NTDawg

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008

Don’t really have any problem with either question she asked. “Did you consider putting him on” is a very normal question. The question about the pinch hitter could have been phrased more tactfully for sure but it’s not out of bounds or anything.

Reactions: Dawgg

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
When a game is this close, and a series is this close, it does come down to a few key moments that coaches can actually make a difference. Corbin knows that he didn't do what he could have done. He should be getting the heat, he makes $2.3M per year.

He hates losing to &tate. CWS, and a super a few years ago in Nashville, and losing his FIRST home series all year in a critical time for the post season. He is moving toward a reality of not hosting, with a roster that costs Vandy a good sum of money and they are upgrading their cracker box stadium as well. It's the only sport they have to brag about and its not moving in a good direction this post season, while the cost of players are going up. Look at UTenn, A&M, Arkansas, Kentucky, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, South Carolina all ahead of Vandy, and now maybe lowly Mississippi State and our 11.7 scholarships AGAIN. He is feeling the pressure more than ever, as some have mentioned here. He has an injured key starting pitcher, an injured key infielder. And he preaches integrity when he has a pitcher caught cheating. Look at the pitiful crowd he had Sunday, it was more than half empty.

The easy days are over Coach, sorry not sorry. You know longer have your unfair advantage, so maybe retire now like Saban did once he no longer had an obvious unfair advantage anymore. You can still salvage your ego if you do that. Hate it for ya buddy. Pressure is a *****. Now you have to play against a level playing field, aint as much fun anymore. Quit like Saban did.

Last edited:

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
I feel like I must defend Corbin. I will never forget how humble he was and complementary of our team after the 2021 CWS. He was a class act.
I agree. The letter he wrote to us fans tells me all I need to know. I would enjoy having a bourbon or two with him.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
The questions may be legit but the tweets make her look like she’s trying to be an investigative reporter exposing some corporate misdoing. I guess that what journalists are taught to do.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
I dont think the reporter even realized LaNeve was already out of the game at the end. His defensive replacement was due up, why would you not use a pinch hitter?

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Remember when Wooden was getting elite talent funneled to him by Sam Gilbert.

Wooden was teaching the boys how to brush their teeth and tie their shoes. Sounds familiar doesn't it?

I'm sorry, I'm sure he's a great guy but Corbin, welcome to the real world. Take the heat like a man buddy.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Look At You GIF by ABC Network
Can't imagine why Coach Corbin isn't respectful of Ms. Gerson. Love the "...one million times worse..."
hyperbole works in the digital age!

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I know it's her job, but all her questions seem to be second guessing ones.
That's pretty par for the course for the losing head coach, though. Every postgame interview for a losing coach includes some combination of the following:
"Why did you pitch to _____?"
"Why didn't you pitch to _____?"
"Why did you walk _____?"
"Why didn't you walk ____?"
"Why did you (bench|pull) ____?"
"Why didn't you (bench|pull) _____?"
"Why didn't you foul _____?"
"Why did you foul ____?"
"Why did you keep _____ in with ____ fouls?"
"Why didn't you keep ______ in with _____ fouls?"
"Why did you call a (run|pass) play with ____ timeouts?"
"Why call a timeout there?"
"Why not call a timeout there?"

These are all pretty by the numbers questions that a losing coach gets, and sometimes as fans, we want to know the answer to that because we're asking ourselves the same question from our couches, cars, bars, or stadium seats.

Reactions: onewoof