Dang, the pictures at the top are getting to be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croomcream

Apr 30, 2006
more and more of a proper SALUTE to the Diamond Dogs...er State Stooges! Henry Mize U. Coach "Curley" Poke whoobububububububub!

Hanmudog

Apr 30, 2006
Did anybody else just feel that when that deck collapsed that it was an omen that something bad was about to happen to MSU baseball? Whenever it went down I just said "Oh ****" to myself.

U

Unregistered(d)

I had that same thought when we BLEW a 6 run lead in the 9th to La Tech!!!! That was more of an omen than a piss-poor deck.

Seshomoru

Apr 24, 2006
The deck builiding gods just weren't smiling on us. You're gonna have a few decks collapse. That doesn't mean it's not a good deck, every deck has a bad day or two. We'll bounce back. Tomorrow is a new day and a new deck. We just have to piece a whole deck together instead of just certain parts of the deck. But hey, that's deck building.

Cowpower

Mar 1, 2005
these are just young, untreated 2x4's. They are trying as hard as they can. We have to support them. You aren't a true deck fan if you don't support the 2x4's when they are broken.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
We know how sensitive lumber can be. They read these message boards. How can we expect good performance from our 2X4s if we constantly down on them? They need confidence. They are good pieces of lumber, we just have to hope they can perform just well enough not to kill someone. The deck builder is certainly not at fault here.

Seshomoru

Apr 24, 2006
If you can't support this deck whether it's standing or collapsed, then maybe you just need to find another deck to stand on. Anybody can stand on a deck when it's built, but when it collapses, you really find out who the true deck fans are.

Three Putt

Nov 15, 2005
Hey, these aren't immature boards. I have just as much right to piss and moan about the condition of the deck as anyone who spends their life in a computer generated cyber-world. Where's my nachos and diet fanta?

Hugh4Decks: I am so distraught over the deck collapse. I really feel for the way that lumber has been treated [rim shot].

U

Unregistered(d)

Do you realize what a fine deck this would be if it were still standing? All you complainers would be the first ones here praising this deck, cooking on it, etc. I applaud this deck...this was once a fine deck and will be again.

I will support this deck and the deck builder until I die and will be happy with it whether it is standing or crashed to the ground. All you dumbass posters don't realize that the deck builder has forgotten more about deck building than any of you ever knew. Our deck building program is in fine shape and if a change needs to be made it will be made on the deck builders terms! Just shut up..buy a ticket to the deck display and watch the deck...otherwise stay home...we crashed deck supporters don't need you!

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
We don't have the benefit of lag screws like the other schools do. Our nails lack power, but they give their all. We should be there to support them no matter what.

Seshomoru

Apr 24, 2006
Nobody else builds big decks anymore. A small deck here, a small deck there, move this deck over. Before you know it you've got 10 decks by building small instead of building for one huge deck.

Three Putt

Nov 15, 2005
a parking deck? Hell no! Let 'em walk. cheap *** bastards.

I guess soon we'll have us a Hunter Henry Space Deck.

Apr 16, 2006
If you don't like the job the deck builder is doing, why don't you tell them in person?

Our deck builder wrote the book (literally) on building decks. He was building decks for us when Ole Miss fans were still sitting on their steps.

Seshomoru

Apr 24, 2006
I am not one to go against the first ammendment, anyone can say what they want, but these personal attacks on the deck have taken it too far. So, at the risk of getting blasted, I think it's about time to do some house cleaning around here. I would like to think we have classier fans than this, but I guess everyone has their bad apples (or closet weebles). We've taken enough grief (unjustified) from the Clarion Liar over this, and we shouldn't be getting attacked from Bulldog fans either. Shame on all of you.

JMHO, if you want to flame me, then go ahead. But heydog, some of stuff I'm reading on here makes me want to cancel my subscription.

Ol Blue.sixpack

May 1, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________Hey, these aren't immature boards. I have just as much right to piss and moan about the condition of the deck as anyone who spends their life in a computer generated cyber-world. Where's my nachos and diet fanta?_________________________________________________

That's like baiting the field for a Mommy Dawg appearence.

Apr 16, 2006
In the vision, I approached a beautiful light at the end of a tunnel. I heard a voice saying, "OPH, now is not your time."

"When will my time be, oh Father?" I replied.

"Not until your deck is the best deck in the nation," replied the voice.

Apr 16, 2006
Thanks. If anyone ever wondered why a USM grad hangs around an MSU board, they only have to read this thread. You don't get to do stuff like this on many message boards.

Seshomoru

Apr 24, 2006
We have to realize that good lumber won't come here because of the tradition of MSU decks anymore. For the past couple of years, we haven't been able to attract SEC caliber lumber and it's showing.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
This might be the single funniest thread in the history of the internet.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
In the 80's we were all alone in deck building, but then the other schools discovered they could make money off it. They started building and before long they caught and passed us. Everybody knows this is the toughest conference in deck building in the nation. The days of decks holding up thousands are over, we just have to realize than every now and then we will have bad days and decks will fall. Hopefully we will make the tourney and end up on somebody else's deck in the NCAAs.

Hector.sixpack

May 1, 2006
So everyone needs to calm down. Decks collapse all the time, but our deck builder assures us our deck is made out of quality lumber if it wasn't for the wind, rain, and pressure of our on support system it would still be standing. Anyway, look before seasons end for our deck to be one of the top decks in Northeast Central Mississippi Deck Builders Magazine.

Status
Not open for further replies.