Dang, the pictures at the top are getting to be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
I don't think anyone should be criticizing our deck unless they have built a deck of their own. In fact, I'd like to take a poll. How much deck building experience do you have?

A) did some little league deck building

B) built a deck in high school

C) built a junior college deck

D) built a deck at the collegiate level

Optimus Prime 4

May 1, 2006
and i've sat on plenty of decks, and I know enough to tell whether they've collapsed or not.

You don't have to be a deck builder to know whether it's a ****** deck.

3000lbchicken

May 1, 2006
We are going to recruit character. We're not going to recruit a piece of wood based on how many yellow tags he has.

We need character for a good foundation.

U

Unregistered(d)

the entire thing should be exported to the "other MSU internet site".

saltybulldog

Nov 15, 2005
While alot of programs passed on some of this material..."its warped, too many knots, poor grade, etc" I think that given a little bit of work some of this stuff, we will see in time, should have been given a higher grade. I mean just look at a few of those...4" nominal thickness my ***...a few of those are closer to 6".

JMHO, and one i hope i agree with.

Three Putt

Nov 15, 2005
of my Deck Achievement Test. Furthermore, I have it good authority that the collapsed deck has been sent to the Bob Vila Big Deck Camp, where it has been completely refurbished. Just wait. You'll see that this deck will be able to live up to its hype.

ArlngtnDawg

Oct 28, 2003
If the deck builder would bring in some good quality Ebony wood we wouldn't be in this perdicament. I mean everyone knows that Ebony wood is some of the top deck building wood around.

Of course, Ebony wood is found in poor regions and is in great demand by the professional deck builders and once they come in and start waving their money around you just can't get the Ebony wood onto a college campus.

Although I have a feeling our deck builder just doesn't like to use Ebony for decks.

Seshomoru

Apr 24, 2006
I heard we only offered this deck because there are a few MAJOR decks in the junior class that he's good friends with.

Seshomoru

Apr 24, 2006
If the deck builder couldn't build a championship deck in '85, what makes any of you think he ever will?

Three Putt

Nov 15, 2005
Straight Deckin', Playa.

And before somebody else snatches it, I gotta throw in a

NITChampDeck.

Aelyn

May 1, 2006
I've actually got inside information about the next deck to be built. Right now everyone thinks it's going to be built at Ole Miss, but the plans are secretly for MSU.

Just wait... you'll see.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
complaining about the deck. That's not what we're about here at State. These boards and nails are good and they are trying hard. I applaud their effort trying to hold up so many people plus the grills and food. Furthermore, it's not the fault of the deckbuilders. Sometimes you build and deck and it fails and it's nobody's fault. The deck building gods just aren't smiling on us right now. But that is no reason to get down on the deck builders or the deck. Let LSU or Texas run off their deck builders just because things aren't peachy. What would we do? If we fired our deck builder, all the decks that went on to the majors wouldn't want to give us money anymore. And forget about the good deck builder at Kentucky. Who would want to come here after their mentor had been fired? Who would want to come to a school where you get fired because you deck peforms less than half the time in conference play? I say it's a good thing that old deck builder we had 5 years ago left, look at the state of his current school.

Why don't all you complainers leave and find yourselves another deck to support - we don't need you or want you here. All you do is talk negative.

U

Unregistered(d)

I'm getting tired of hearing how that deck about 100 miles to the north of us has passed us in our deck structure. Just because their deck has literally crushed our deck for the past 2 seasons and their deck atchitect is young, fiery and demands PERFORMANCE and doesn't make excuses like "that's deck building" doesn't mean squat. We beat that deck in the only deck challenge that counted last year. We are still a better deck and will always be a deck building school. Also, the Great Southern Wood challenge in Jackson is not even a crucial wood conference game. Calm down people!! Our deck is in good concrete...have patience.

3000lbchicken

May 1, 2006
Maybe if we use shoe polish for messages on the back of our windshields it will show our decks we support them.

Status
Not open for further replies.