David Stewart getting paid

Sutterkane

Jan 23, 2007
By JIM WYATT
The Tennessean

NASHVILLE - The Titans tendered all seven of their restricted free agents with one-year offers on Thursday, giving the highest tender to tackle David Stewart.
The Titans offered Stewart a first-round tender worth $2.017 million. If another team signs Stewart to an offer sheet and the Titans don't match, the Titans would get a first-round draft pick in return.

The Titans and Stewart previously discussed a long-term deal.

"That buys them some time to get something done (on a long-term deal), but it also buys David a chance to see what other people might do," said Bus Cook, Stewart's agent. "But that's a pretty high tender, so we'll see."

-------------------------

I'd just like to add that being a Titans fan and being able to watch him play every game, he has been phenominal. I know this isn't a Tommy Kelly contract, but it's pretty good.

Bulldog Backer

Jul 22, 2007
...if all our linemen, both offensive and defensive, had his determination and meanness on the field of play, we would dang near be unbeatable and we would have a lot of NFL draft choices.

Sutterkane

Jan 23, 2007
his senior year he had the best block I've ever seen.

He blocked the DE from the line of scrimmage, out of bounds, and over the bench on the sidelines. I think he is still blocking that guy.

gtowndawg

Jan 23, 2007
at any level. That's what set him apart in my mind. It would seem the odds catch up to you at some point when you play o-line. Good investment for the Titans.

Sutterkane

Jan 23, 2007
and I've kept somewhat of a close eye on his progression up here to becoming a starter. I know at the beginning of the 06 season they were shuffling a lot of guys around, so he didn't start consistently until around game 4-6. Which was also around the same time Vince started, and also around the same time the titans started running the ball extremely well.

He's also not the kind of guy you want to be up against if you're in a dog pile for the football.