Follow up on my eclipse memes.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Angel Hernandez has no business being an umpire. It’s embarrassing.

I couldn't be an ump because that first pitch still looks like a strike to me. Or at least outside by a razor thin amount. Hard to tell with an angle this far away, but it looks like it's probably in the strike zone when it crosses the plate? 2nd one doesn't look like an egregious miss to me either, just run of the mill questionable call, although the third one does look bad. I wonder how many strikes he was giving off the outside earlier in the game because the catcher was pretty much setting up outside of the strike zone.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
I couldn't be an ump because that first pitch still looks like a strike to me. Or at least outside by a razor thin amount. Hard to tell with an angle this far away, but it looks like it's probably in the strike zone when it crosses the plate? 2nd one doesn't look like an egregious miss to me either, just run of the mill questionable call, although the third one does look bad. I wonder how many strikes he was giving off the outside earlier in the game because the catcher was pretty much setting up outside of the strike zone.
An overhead look would help me visualize how bad or close these calls are. Is the final spot on the graphic where it initially crossed the plate or when it hits the glove? Looks like glove to me but I'm not really familiar with how the graphics are programmed. These all still may have been balls but if it's just marking glove contact then it might be making a bad call look way worse than they really are.

Rabble rabble rabble. I don't trust these newfangled computerin' graphics****

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The umpires seem to not care that they are doing it themselves. They used to have a lot of respect. They may make a bad call here and there, but for the most part, they were dead on. This is not a good look.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Angel Hernandez might be the single greatest example of why unions should not exist. He's so much worse than his peers that it becomes blatantly obvious why he should be canned. MLB umps should be the best, Angel is maybe good enough for High School level.

The worst part is how bad he skews the game. It's not like he was calling the outside strike for both teams, just the Astros.

Here's a comparison of a true MLB ump and Angel from Friday:

1000013403.jpg

1000013402.jpg

I mean he effectively gave the Astros 1.79 runs. That's Enrico Palazzo level bad.