Freezus to Auburn

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
Gonna be interesting to see how many Auburn people immediately turn against him if true.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I want to see John Cohen say with a straight face his deep involvement in the hiring process...

Should be slightly entertaining...

Joker Popcorn GIF

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Is Freeze really an asset in today’s NIL world? One of his greatest abilities as a HC was his ability to get $ to recruits. That seems much less valuable today than it was in 2013.
To deny that he's a very good offensive coach is just being intentionally disingenuous. He is very similar to Malzahn, with more Rah Rah. I wouldn't go so far as to call him a 'system' coach, but he's close.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Is Freeze really an asset in today’s NIL world? One of his greatest abilities as a HC was his ability to get $ to recruits. That seems much less valuable today than it was in 2013.
Exactly… it’s not like Freeze is that great of a coach. He won at OM because he cheated his *** off in recruiting and assembled good talent. Not necessary now. He’s just another coach in my opinion.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Exactly… it’s not like Freeze is that great of a coach. He won at OM because he cheated his *** off in recruiting and assembled good talent. Not necessary now. He’s just another coach in my opinion.
What about Arkansas State and Liberty?

Ya'll need to stop with the 'Freeze isn't a good coach'. You've got plenty of ammunition on him in other categories.

I hate it because Auburn will win big.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
He will assemble even more great talent at Auburn and he is a really good offensive mind. He is going to do great there. Kids loved him and Mamas bought the whole Jesus schtick and they will buy his redemption story.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Welp. Not only do I suck at betting on football, I sucked too on this prediction big time. I can't believe this is actually happening to be honest. I'm being honest as I can be; I am truly shocked. I had forgiven him somewhat for the prostitutes and schit but damn. Just Damn. No way he should be getting this gig without an investigation into what that woman said. He's a damn good HC but I can say without any doubt I'd be embarrassed if STATE was inking that dude under the right now here and now circumstances.. When you combine the Memphis deal with what that woman said, you gotta get to the bottom of that before a contract is offered because there's just too much smoke that needs figgerin' out IMO. I'm sure I'll get blasted for my pompous rant so be my guest.

Last edited:

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Ole cohen must have been told. Don't see him making that hire on his own. Have fun with that. They will be good though. With those boosters and his slimy self they will be good

Reactions: AFDawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Ole cohen must have been told. Don't see him making that hire on his own. Have fun with that. They will be good though. With those boosters and his slimy self they will be good
Yep. Which means if he doesn't work out, they might not fire Coinz.

What's going to be funny is watching Coinz and Freesus fake the 'Auburn man' or 'Auburn being Auburn' family bullcheet. Because both are hired guns.

Reactions: Crazy Cotton

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
They shouldn't be. Unless there is proof of wrong doing at Liberty, why be pissed? Show of hands, how many here have made REALLY bad decisions, learned from them and think the bad decisions should follow them around forever?
Forgiving someone for a mistake,, and committing 8 figures to someone to be the face of your football program and university are two completely different things though.

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
They shouldn't be. Unless there is proof of wrong doing at Liberty, why be pissed? Show of hands, how many here have made REALLY bad decisions, learned from them and think the bad decisions should follow them around forever?
He hasn't learned from them except to be sneakier about it maybe. He keeps putting himself into bad off the field situations. I think he gets fired for cause within 3 years.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Okay. I'm going out on a VERY Long Limb. Cohen's gonna resign if this goes thru but I'll prolly be wrong again like I am most times,

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
How long does it take Matt Luke to decide he has spent enough time with family so he can re-join his ole pal's staff?

Reactions: DerHntr