Freezus to Auburn

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
The list of folks who could consistently beat those two has to be pretty small. Dabo and Urban may be the only ones I can think of who have actually won multiple games against Saban other than Freeze.
Well isn’t that the expectation for auburn. I know that is certainly the expectation of the auburn fans I know. Freeze will be expected to consistently beat Bama and Georgia, auburn’s biggest rivals. It’s probably why Kiffin didn’t take the job.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
To deny that he's a very good offensive coach is just being intentionally disingenuous. He is very similar to Malzahn, with more Rah Rah. I wouldn't go so far as to call him a 'system' coach, but he's close.
Liberty was 68th this year in scoring offense - 30 spots behind MSU.

Don’t get me wrong - I don’t expect Auburn to struggle to move the ball under Freeze. But, the concepts that made him an innovator in 2012 are everywhere now.

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
If Freeze has any success at Auburn, he better be squeaky clean. I imagine the Bama folks will put him thru what OM did to Jackie.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I'm drinkin' tonight and LMAO at this News. OM and AU Join A&M as The Laughing Stock of The West got me Jerkin' and 'bout to go to bed. God Bless STATE and its Six Pack Follwers.

Reactions: Mjoelner

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
This shows that either Cohenz is a high paid puppet or he is full of shat. He fired one coach for sexy texting and ran off another for allowing player and staff a little too much one on one practice, but he is ok with Freeze and the hookering. Seems odd to me. I guess winning is not that important to me, cuz I would never want that televangelist coach near my program. I would rather stick with the Air Sputter Offense.
You are correct in saying that Cohen is nothing more than a puppet, because that is exactly what he is. Cohen knew what he was getting into when he took the job. No Auburn AD has made a coaching hire in my memory-when the banker Bobby Lowder (God rest his soul) was alive and well he hired the football coaches. Now that he is gone Mr. Yellawood and a couple of his sleazy “win at all costs” Board of Regents cronies are calling all the shots. Cohen has zero input-he’s nothing more than a puppet in a $2000 suit. Actually, as tight as Cohen is, he wouldn’t dare spend that kind of money on a suit-he’s more of a Men’s Wearhouse kind of guy. Either way, Cohen’s only responsibility in this deal is introducing the next coach. His butthole is going to be as tight as a banjo string having to stand at that podium extolling the virtues of Hugh Freeze. You just know he is hating his job really badly right now. Be careful what you wish for, John Boy-you may end up living your worst nightmare, and this is what you signed up for. Couldn’t happen to a more deserving 17er….

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Finally some decency and integrity is in the SEC thanks to Cohen and Auburn. I will always look to them for moral guidance.

Sep 15, 2009
Forgiving someone for a mistake,, and committing 8 figures to someone to be the face of your football program and university are two completely different things though.
but those mistakes don't make him a bad coach. Why should they stop him from continuing his profession. Some people need to get off their high horse and stop throwing stones. It's all a moot point though when he starts winning and beats Bama. Everyone will conveniently forget all this crap then.