How desirable is living in California?

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
You are so blinded with your hate of California. There are 35 cities in the Big city list, these are the cities, they are not only the cities with Fentynal, they are the 35 biggest cities. California acutally did fairly well, a lot better than Arizona. So let me get this straight, we can blame Biden for fentynal, but when the actual big increase with fentynal came under Trump, we can't blame Trump? And it had nothing to do with covid, the big increase was before covid. and it was under secure borders Trump

Nice spin and attempt to avoid the fact that you didn't read your own link.

Recap....Tweet posted about the government doing something about fentanyl and Los Angeles. You respond to that post with a link about how LA isn't that bad and leaving CA isn't all "butterflies and rainbows". I respond with the same study data but including LA, plus 5 other cities in CA....and you try to question the year, blame it on Trump, bring up the border, then try to downplay the data from your own link, and now you are spinning this to be about my alleged hatred of California.

I didn't bring up biden. YOU did. I didn't bring up Trump. YOU did. Don't get your knickers in a twist because you can't stick to facts.

BTW, from your latest link there...."California had the most total deaths from fentanyl in 2022 with 6,453."

" it had nothing to do with covid,"

Oops....

-"Drug overdose deaths in the US rose to record levels during the Covid-19 pandemic, and a new report from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention details the deadly rise of fentanyl....Nearly 70,000 people in the US died of drug overdoses that involved fentanyl in 2021, almost a four-fold increase over five years. By 2021, about two-thirds of all overdose deaths involved the potent synthetic opioid, according to the report"

-"While the spread of fentanyl is the primary cause of the spike in overdose deaths, the coronavirus pandemic also made the crisis worse.

The geographical distribution of opioid deaths makes it clear that there has been a change during the pandemic months.

Before the COVID-19 health crisis, the skyrocketing increase in fentanyl-related overdose deaths in America was mainly affecting the eastern half of the U.S., and hit especially hard in urban areas like Washington, D.C., Baltimore, Philadelphia and New York City. A possible reason behind this was that in the eastern half of the U.S., heroin has mainly been available in powder form rather than the black tar heroin more common in the West. It is easier to mix fentanyl with powdered heroin.

COVID-19 resulted in less cross-national traffic, which made it harder to smuggle illegal drugs across borders. Border restrictions make it harder to move bulkier drugs, resulting in smugglers’ increased reliance on fentanyl – which is more potent and easier to transport in small quantities and as pills, making it easier to traffic by mail."

-"The effects of the opioid crisis have varied across diverse and socioeconomically defined urban communities, due in part to widening health disparities. The onset of the COVID-19 pandemic has coincided with a spike in drug overdose deaths in the USA."

So not only did covid have a big impact on fentanyl use and deaths, but the actual make-up and distribution of the drug itself is what put BIG CITIES in the East at the "top of the list".

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
That is what I said, most fentynal death increases were up 500% under Trump, the worst year being 2019, according to your report. Good thing California is below the national average or it could have been a lot worse

SouthbayTrojan91

Aug 24, 2017
That is what I said, most fentynal death increases were up 500% under Trump, the worst year being 2019, according to your report. Good thing California is below the national average or it could have been a lot worse
watching your brain work is fascinating.

Fact: we have a drug issue. and controlling the border helps control the import of those drugs but it is near impossible to stop all drugs coming in (but every attempt should be made to do so)
Fact: COVID made drug use skyrocket
FACT: completely opening up the border took a fire and thru gasoline on it

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
watching your brain work is fascinating.

Fact: we have a drug issue. and controlling the border helps control the import of those drugs but it is near impossible to stop all drugs coming in (but every attempt should be made to do so)
Fact: COVID made drug use skyrocket
FACT: completely opening up the border took a fire and thru gasoline on it
That is not what the numbers say, FACT. The only thing you did get correct is it is impossible to stop all drugs. What does work, education. But we are so focused on blaming mexico, we forget the education part.

SouthbayTrojan91

Aug 24, 2017
That is not what the numbers say, FACT. The only thing you did get correct is it is impossible to stop all drugs. What does work, education. But we are so focused on blaming mexico, we forget the education part.
um what part of what I said is not supported by the numbers? please explain.

Is education the problem? people don't know that fentanyl is extremely dangerous?
in case you missed it, many of the drug overdoses are people who did not even know they were taking fentanyl. (vball posted this, but I am sure you did not read it)

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018

Is education the problem? people don't know that fentanyl is extremely dangerous?
in case you missed it, many of the drug overdoses are people who did not even know they were taking fentanyl. (vball posted this, but I am sure you did not read it)
I’d call him ( @xuscx ) a noodle brain, but I’d hate to insult noodles.

Reactions: jaycee993

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
1710873888185.png

Reactions: Moon4Cimoli

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017

The numbers say the big increase was in 2019, that was before covid or open borders. We can ask Nancy Reagan if education works. Its not the stupid homeless that are a problem, its the dumb kid with no tolerance who drops a pill at a party. FACT we will never stop illegal drugs in this country as long as there is a market to buy them. We have thousands of trucks and containers enter this country every minute, there is no way to prevent it. The problem needs to be addressed on the demand side.

Reactions: SonofGodzilla

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
The numbers say the big increase was in 2019, that was before covid or open borders. We can ask Nancy Reagan if education works. Its not the stupid homeless that are a problem, its the dumb kid with no tolerance who drops a pill at a party. FACT we will never stop illegal drugs in this country as long as there is a market to buy them. We have thousands of trucks and containers enter this country every minute, there is no way to prevent it. The problem needs to be addressed on the demand side.
Then there’s this..

• Angry
Reactions: G.Tirebiter

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
The problem needs to be addressed on the demand side.
"Synthetic drugs of various kinds have been around for decades, but none have come close to the supply and threat of the two staples now coming up from Mexico: fentanyl and methamphetamine. And with synthetic drugs, as with most other products both legal and illegal, supply shapes demand.

I suspect this era will be with us for some time because synthetic drugs make huge business sense to traffickers. They no longer need land, irrigation, pesticides or farmworkers to grow drugs — they can produce them in makeshift labs or industrial warehouses. With no need to plan around weather and seasons, they can make these drugs year-round, provided they have enough chemicals. Synthetic drugs are quicker to make, and in the case of fentanyl, easier to smuggle because so little of it is needed to make extraordinary profits.

Combine that with the impunity Mexican traffickers enjoy — ensured by corruption in that country and the guns smuggled there from ours — and the result is potent dope in the staggering quantities we see now across the U.S.

Mexican-made meth is so prevalent that its street price has collapsed to the lowest ever seen — typically between $1,500 and $3,000 a pound, down from roughly $10,000 and more per pound less than a decade ago.

A relentless supply is a reason drug dealers mix a hyper-potent drug like fentanyl into whatever they’re selling, even at the risk of killing their customers.

Fentanyl has become so commonplace that dealers now use it the way we use salt on our food. They liberally sprinkle it into anything they’re selling: cocaine, methamphetamine and, in some rare cases, marijuana. They are motivated by the belief that fentanyl can boost the potency of any drug."

Make it potent, make it cheap, make it abundant, make it free from punishment.....sure, it's just a demand issue.

SonofGodzilla

Aug 30, 2017
"Synthetic drugs of various kinds have been around for decades, but none have come close to the supply and threat of the two staples now coming up from Mexico: fentanyl and methamphetamine. And with synthetic drugs, as with most other products both legal and illegal, supply shapes demand.

I suspect this era will be with us for some time because synthetic drugs make huge business sense to traffickers. They no longer need land, irrigation, pesticides or farmworkers to grow drugs — they can produce them in makeshift labs or industrial warehouses. With no need to plan around weather and seasons, they can make these drugs year-round, provided they have enough chemicals. Synthetic drugs are quicker to make, and in the case of fentanyl, easier to smuggle because so little of it is needed to make extraordinary profits.

Combine that with the impunity Mexican traffickers enjoy — ensured by corruption in that country and the guns smuggled there from ours — and the result is potent dope in the staggering quantities we see now across the U.S.

Mexican-made meth is so prevalent that its street price has collapsed to the lowest ever seen — typically between $1,500 and $3,000 a pound, down from roughly $10,000 and more per pound less than a decade ago.

A relentless supply is a reason drug dealers mix a hyper-potent drug like fentanyl into whatever they’re selling, even at the risk of killing their customers.

Fentanyl has become so commonplace that dealers now use it the way we use salt on our food. They liberally sprinkle it into anything they’re selling: cocaine, methamphetamine and, in some rare cases, marijuana. They are motivated by the belief that fentanyl can boost the potency of any drug."

Make it potent, make it cheap, make it abundant, make it free from punishment.....sure, it's just a demand issue.
People are forcing drug addicts to take drugs. When did that happen? Wow, what happened to personal responsibility in this country. A “ relentless supply “ is a very dramatic description of drugs availability but are you so naive to believe a drug addict will get clean because drugs are to “ expensive “. Oh please. First time users experimenting and dying of fentanyl ods would not have died if the drug wasn’t so cheap and prevelant ? Hard to say but seems majority of them obtain it from “ dark web sites “ .!Guess we can now blame everything on the Government. Wait, thought that was only a “ liberal “ thing. Guess not if it fits your narrative. Hey, what’s your take on alcohol related deaths . Governments fault as well.

Last edited:

SonofGodzilla

Aug 30, 2017

So the choice to use cocaine or xanax or meth laced with fentanyl is not the users fault ? Bad choices can result in fatal results. Common sense. No

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
People are forcing drug addicts to take drugs. When did that happen? Wow, what happened to personal responsibility in this country. Guess we can now blame everything on the Government. Wait, thought that was only a “ liberal “ thing. Guess not if it fits your narrative. Hey, what’s your take on alcohol related deaths . Governments fault as well
I don't understand why this is so difficult. I'm big on personal responsibility. However, I'm also big on people knowing what they are putting in their bodies. When someone uses cocaine, for instance, and doesn't know it's laced with potentially deadly fentanyl, that's a problem. Sellers will sell to children. That's a problem. When the government imposes restrictions on the public which result in high rates of depression and feelings of isolation, that's a problem. When the government fails to impose legal restrictions on traffickers, that's a problem.

It's a multi-faceted issue that cannot simply be put at the user's feet. Society benefits from fewer drug addicts.

Alcohol related deaths are sad, for sure. They aren't similar to fentanyl deaths obviously for a number of reasons. Both cocaine and heroin are more addictive than alcohol BTW. Alcoholics tend to die over a period of time, whereas drug users tend to die in one instance, and often unintentionally. It's easier for a child to access opioids than it is alcohol.

There are fewer deaths from MVA's since the government mandated seat belts. Should we be pursuing personal responsibility and allowing people not to wear them? Regulations can and do work sometimes.

Reactions: G.Tirebiter

SonofGodzilla

Aug 30, 2017
I don't understand why this is so difficult. I'm big on personal responsibility. However, I'm also big on people knowing what they are putting in their bodies. When someone uses cocaine, for instance, and doesn't know it's laced with potentially deadly fentanyl, that's a problem. Sellers will sell to children. That's a problem. When the government imposes restrictions on the public which result in high rates of depression and feelings of isolation, that's a problem. When the government fails to impose legal restrictions on traffickers, that's a problem.

It's a multi-faceted issue that cannot simply be put at the user's feet. Society benefits from fewer drug addicts.

Alcohol related deaths are sad, for sure. They aren't similar to fentanyl deaths obviously for a number of reasons. Both cocaine and heroin are more addictive than alcohol BTW. Alcoholics tend to die over a period of time, whereas drug users tend to die in one instance, and often unintentionally. It's easier for a child to access opioids than it is alcohol.

There are fewer deaths from MVA's since the government mandated seat belts. Should we be pursuing personal responsibility and allowing people not to wear them? Regulations can and do work sometimes.
I would hope anyone using hard drugs would be scared sober with the fact that not knowing what they are ingesting could instantly kill them. Sadly those are probably first timers who may want to experiment and not the hardcore addicts.

SouthbayTrojan91

Aug 24, 2017
So the choice to use cocaine or xanax or meth laced with fentanyl is not the users fault ? Bad choices can result in fatal results. Common sense. No
Yes. people have to take responsibility for their own actions. But, like any topic, there is nuance and the solution is not "this thing" or "that thing". It should be BOTH.
In this case both means doing everything we can to keep people from doing drugs AND doing everything we can to control the flow of the drugs.
Very simple really.

So, now that we have that as the understanding I have a couple more thoughts about your response.
Drug use, drug overdoses and drug deaths affect EVERYONE. It affects us all thru higher crime, "ugly streets" Think SF, higher medical costs and ultimately higher taxes.

And while I think anyone who chooses to straight up use fentanyl knowing how deadly it is has made a really terrible decision. And while I don't condone any drug use, someone who has no intention of using fentanyl, but it gets into their body anyway, is a different class of problem.

I am really curious why drug dealers/distributors, lace other drugs with fentanyl. Why?

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017

There is zero focus on responsibility from what I see, we blame Chiiina and Mexico for all our drug issues. We should pound it on the school age kids, that if you take a pill or smoke something that was not prescribed by a doctor, there is a good chance it has fentynal and you could die. I think that is a message kids will understand. The other message needs to be, if you follow what people see who are hooked on drugs say, 99% say they started because of a friend. Often a boyfriend. We need to pound the idea, that anyone tempting you with drugs is not a friend, they are a loser. That is one thing that has always bothered me with the druggies, they always are working to drag someone else into their loser lifestyle.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
I am really curious why drug dealers/distributors, lace other drugs with fentanyl. Why?
From my post above....

"A relentless supply is a reason drug dealers mix a hyper-potent drug like fentanyl into whatever they’re selling, even at the risk of killing their customers.

• Angry
Reactions: SouthbayTrojan91

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
"California's largest insurance company will stop offering insurance to 72,000 homes across the state due to the increased risk of natural disasters and the effects of inflation.

Coverage for the 30,000 houses and 42,000 apartments impacted will cease this summer, the Bay Area News Group reported.

State Farm General cited soaring costs, the increasing risk of catastrophes like wildfires and outdated regulations as reasons it won´t renew the policies.

It comes just months after the insurance giant said it would also stop taking new applications for coverage from homeowners in the state.

'This decision was not made lightly and only after careful analysis of State Farm General´s financial health, which continues to be impacted by inflation, catastrophe exposure, reinsurance costs, and the limitations of working within decades-old insurance regulations,' the company said in a statement Wednesday."

And for those who own their homes, most mortgages require proof of insurance which means people will probably have to get separate riders at extreme prices.

Reactions: Pudly76

jaycee993

Sep 2, 2021
I grew up in the SGV..
.South Pasadena....now live in Monrovia. I will turn 70 in a couple weeks but have witnessed all the changes in this area, the culture changes, demographic changes, the traffic congestion increases and just the population increases and the overall loss of civility and courtesy while driving...its all "me first" aggressive driving....always in a hurry. In Monrovia currently they are building this massive chain of tall apt buildings along and near the train stations.....several hundred units being built. It's just going bto make it more crowded everywhere around town. Maybe I feel too old to pack up and move but I know thats what I should do...move to some place with more beauty and a slower pace of life.
My brother bought an acre near Helena during covid...he loves it. Has deer in his front pasture every morning. I dont see hope for calif not under it being a one party state....people keep voting the same dumb way....That snake Schiff is going to get Feinsteins seat even after his history of lying about the Russia hoax.

• Angry
Reactions: 4thamp1 and Pudly76

Trojan JST

Aug 24, 2017

San Francisco, CA… Not only do their cops suck, their “rodeo clowns” aren't very good either.

Last edited:

Trojan JST

Aug 24, 2017
For the record gas, income and special assessments, SALES taxes are rising to nearly 11% in leftist Northern California counties.

You dumbass liberal democRATs get what you voted for.

Get ready for this…

IMG_4335.jpeg

Trojan JST

Aug 24, 2017
Our liberal democRAT run San Francisco, CA…

Not only do their cops suck, their rodeo clowns aren't very good either.

Last edited:

Trojan JST

Aug 24, 2017
That video is brutal. Young kids have zero respect for society and zero fear of the police....kind of scary
We’re now, returning to the “Josey Wells era”

“Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?"

SouthbayTrojan91

Aug 24, 2017
Does that make California somehow better? Your ignorance exceeds you. You are special.
Not to mention that article is about some retirees choosing to go to the Appalachian's instead of Florida.
Pretty sure XX never reads past the headline.

Shall we review again the fastest growing states versus the few states with declining population?
Correct me if I am wrong, but CA, NY, IL are the three states that are declining. Wonder why?

Trojan JST

Aug 24, 2017
California politicians are trying to repeal Prop 13! Help us defeat costly their costly and unfair tax and utility hikes and pass the California Taxpayer Protection Initiative!
California’s working families are already struggling with a high cost of living and state and local politicians are making it worse by constantly trying to raise taxes and spike our utility rates.

California politicians are specifically trying to repeal Prop 13 with two separate initiatives on the ballot in 2024 — along with a blizzard of other tax hike proposals.

What California Politicians are Trying to Do:

California politicians are trying to confuse voters by placing two initiatives on the ballot that would both gut prop 13 and make it easier to raise state and local taxes, as well as increase your utility rates;

ACA-1 would gut Prop 13's 2/3 vote requirement for new taxes by lowering it to 55%;

ACA-13 would gut Prop 13 by blocking the California Taxpayer Protection Initiative and eliminating the requirement that voters be allowed to vote on tax increases with honest ballot titles;

We MUST defeat both of these initiatives to save Prop 13 in 2024!

What the California Taxpayer Protection Initiative Does:

Requires a public vote on ALL state tax hikes – no exceptions like what happened with the recent gas and car tax hikes.

Requires that tax hikes achieve a two-thirds voter approval to pass – not a simple majority.

Repeals dozens of costly tax hikes that were imposed any time after January 2022.

Ends the ability of politicians to put deceptive titles on the ballot that fail to disclose a measure contains a hidden tax hike.

Tightens the definition of a “tax” to eliminate the ability of politicians to call something a mere “fee” to avoid voter approval.

Prohibits state politicians from raising your electric and gas utility rates through illegal taxes and fees.

Moon4Cimoli

Aug 31, 2021
Pure anecdote, but at the Maitai Bar at the Royal Hawaiian yesterday, everyone was introducing themselves and one guy was embarassed, I mean to his core, to say he was from LA. I thought he was gonna cry, honest. I said LA is cool, no worries, he said “ nope, it is a ******** and I hate being from there. I can’t wait to leave.”

Gold Trojan

Aug 27, 2017
Not to mention that article is about some retirees choosing to go to the Appalachian's instead of Florida.
Pretty sure XX never reads past the headline.

Shall we review again the fastest growing states versus the few states with declining population?
Correct me if I am wrong, but CA, NY, IL are the three states that are declining. Wonder why?
Seriously. Articles citing people leaving one red state for 5 other red states.

Wake us up when people leave red states for the dumpster fire blue states.

Latest posts