How much NIL money does Coastal Carolina have?

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Do they have some sugar daddies throwing cash on baseball players? Or is it coaching and recruiting that makes that program good? Can Lemonis just notice who they offer, assume the player is good, and then offer a little more more to get him on campus?

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Do they have some sugar daddies throwing cash on baseball players? Or is it coaching and recruiting that makes that program good? Can Lemonis just notice who they offer, assume the player is good, and then offer a little more more to get him on campus?
Great question about a team I’ve been wondering about this season. If they can do it, we need to raid their cupboard pronto.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Dustin Johnson/Gretzky/Saudis

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

MSUSaint15

Oct 18, 2020
They play in a minor league ballpark that is nicer than everyone else's in the Carolinas except Clemson or S.C. and they're in Myrtle Beach. Plus their academic standards are that of a community college. I'm not sure if this is true or not but I think they just have a four-day class week as well, going Monday-Wednesday/Tuesday-Thursday, and if there is a holiday on a Monday they get that Tuesday off as well.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
They play in a minor league ballpark that is nicer than everyone else's in the Carolinas except Clemson or S.C. and they're in Myrtle Beach. Plus their academic standards are that of a community college. I'm not sure if this is true or not but I think they just have a four-day class week as well, going Monday-Wednesday/Tuesday-Thursday, and if there is a holiday on a Monday they get that Tuesday off as well.
We can’t compete with Coastal Carolina?**

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Or #1 in the country Wake Forest (45-9), or #17 Dallas Baptist (42-13), or #14 Campbell (41-13), or #9 UCONN (40-13). Those aren't "blue blood programs" (trending words on SPS) with vast reserves of cash to pay for stadiums or big name staff, but would run circles around our program and coach right now. I'm sure Wake has lots of $$ in endowment reserves but certainly not earmarked for paying 18 yr old divas. Sorry in advance if I upset you Everett but the truth hurts sometimes and most people don't want to hear it, yourself included

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Ya'll all talk about raiding others talent, the problem is, there are very few Paul Skenes and Tommy Tanks out there, that are actually willing to transfer. Most of those guys are already in D1 and can do just fine where they are in NIL. A lot of transfers you see now are due to COVID crootin done without visits.

There are tons of baseball players out there. NIL isn't as big of a factor as many think in baseball, especially outside our little small neighborhood in the SEC.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Their coaching staff probably does a great job at valuating talent. They probably don't need a lot of NIL money. This is something our current staff has not done very well. Hopefully the pitching valuation will get better going forwards.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
It would be nice to get a Skenes. But, we just need SEC quality pitching something a lot of non-SEC teams have. But, it wasn't just a lack of pitching this year.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
Or #1 in the country Wake Forest (45-9), or #17 Dallas Baptist (42-13), or #14 Campbell (41-13), or #9 UCONN (40-13). Those aren't "blue blood programs" (trending words on SPS) with vast reserves of cash to pay for stadiums or big name staff, but would run circles around our program and coach right now. I'm sure Wake has lots of $$ in endowment reserves but certainly not earmarked for paying 18 yr old divas. Sorry in advance if I upset you Everett but the truth hurts sometimes and most people don't want to hear it, yourself included
Do you think any of those programs (outside of maybe Wake Forest) would have those records if they played our schedule? Hell, if they played an SEC schedule at all? (Hint: No. No they wouldn't. Not even close).

I'm not saying they are bad teams. I'm saying if we swapped with Dallas Baptist we'd most likely be sitting at 40+ wins ourselves, and they'd be sitting at home.

We need better pitching to compete in the SEC. That's it. If we can get that problem solved we'll be fine. Whether it's via the portal or guys on roster stepping up doesn't matter. Luckily we have some NIL funds that can help in the portal.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Do you think any of those programs (outside of maybe Wake Forest) would have those records if they played our schedule? Hell, if they played an SEC schedule at all? (Hint: No. No they wouldn't. Not even close).

I'm not saying they are bad teams. I'm saying if we swapped with Dallas Baptist we'd most likely be sitting at 40+ wins ourselves, and they'd be sitting at home.

We need better pitching to compete in the SEC. That's it. If we can get that problem solved we'll be fine. Whether it's via the portal or guys on roster stepping up doesn't matter. Luckily we have some NIL funds that can help in the portal.
Well damn, lets boot them out of the national rankings then because they don't play in the SEC and make them ineligible for Regional's and Super's because they don't play an SEC schedule? CSW, nope, schedule not hard enough.

We need a lot more than a few pitchers, we need new starters and relievers that EVERYBODY will be competing for in the portal. We need a fundamentals teaching coach to show players how to run bases and call each other off of pop flies instead of watching them fall to the ground w/ nobody catching it. We need a better fielding infield that doesn't lead the SEC w/ the worst fielding %. We need more than 3 hitters above .300 We have the 2nd worst team batting avg in the conference. We were 13th out of 14th in total number of strikeouts. We were 2nd in double plays grounded into. We need a catcher that can throw somebody out at 2nd base when stealing (other teams were 74 of 82 stealing against us this year). We've finished next to last and DEAD LAST in the conference the last 2 yrs........

You still sticking to "we need better pitching to compete in the SEC. That's it"? Yeah right, and the Titanic just needed a 5 gallon bucket to bail out the water.

Last edited:

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
Well damn, lets boot them out of the national rankings then because they don't play in the SEC and make them ineligible for Regional's and Super's because they don't play an SEC schedule? CSW, nope, schedule not hard enough.

We need a lot more than a few pitchers, we need new starters and relievers that EVERYBODY will be competing for in the portal. We need a fundamentals teaching coach to show players how to run bases and call each other off of pop flies instead of watching them fall to the ground w/ nobody catching it. We need a better fielding infield that doesn't lead the SEC w/ the worst fielding %. We need more than 3 hitters above .300 We have the 2nd worst team batting avg in the conference. We were 13th out of 14th in total number of strikeouts. We were 2nd in double plays grounded into. We need a catcher that can throw somebody out at 2nd base when stealing (other teams were 74 of 82 stealing against us this year). We've finished next to last and DEAD LAST in the conference the last 2 yrs........

You still sticking to "we need better pitching to compete in the SEC. That's it"? Yeah right, and the Titanic just needed a 5 gallon bucket to bail out the water.
My point is that most of those teams are overrated. They play easy schedules. Comparing our program to theirs is like comparing MSU football to Tulane.

And yes, all we need are decent pitchers. If our staff had managed an SEC average ERA we’d be comfortably in the NCAA tournament and possibly hosting, even with our fielding issues.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
My point is that most of those teams are overrated. They play easy schedules. Comparing our program to theirs is like comparing MSU football to Tulane.

And yes, all we need are decent pitchers. If our staff had managed an SEC average ERA we’d be comfortably in the NCAA tournament and possibly hosting, even with our fielding issues.
College baseball seems WAAAAYYY down this season, overall. Every team in the top 25 has double digit losses already, minus Wake who has 9. Seems like most years, there are some bad *** teams with 50 wins by now…. Not this year.

Our slapdick team won 2 of 3 against muh “most talented roster ever assembled”. And we were in position to win the pig series, too…. Just had NO pitching. Teams that are gonna be national seeds wouldn’t even be guaranteed to HOST most years.

I agree that we are only a few arms away from being a solid team again. I just hope Lemonis doesn’t screw this hire up.

1984dog

Apr 4, 2014
NIL was not legal until July 2021. NIL, along with the transfer portal, was not around the last time Coastal Carolina made it to OMAHA.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

Then why the hell do these teams even suit up and play if they are so inferior? Why are they nationally ranked above SEC teams if they are so inferior And the way we field and don't hit we would NOT be "comfortably" in the tournament. We were the WORST fielding and defending team in the entire conference. We were the WORST hitting team in the conference, we've been last 2 years in a row! What about that don't you get?
And as for you comparing Tulane football with MSU football let me refresh your memory. Tulane was 12-2 last year and beat USC (Trojans not Gamecocks) in the Cotton Bowl. I guess that was because they were overrated and didn't play anybody either huh?

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
Then why the hell do these teams even suit up and play if they are so inferior? Why are they nationally ranked above SEC teams if they are so inferior And the way we field and don't hit we would NOT be "comfortably" in the tournament. We were the WORST fielding and defending team in the entire conference. We were the WORST hitting team in the conference, we've been last 2 years in a row! What about that don't you get?
And as for you comparing Tulane football with MSU football let me refresh your memory. Tulane was 12-2 last year and beat USC (Trojans not Gamecocks) in the Cotton Bowl. I guess that was because they were overrated and didn't play anybody either huh?
Even with those stats, we'd still have won a ton more games if our pitching was SEC average.

Also, we weren't the worst hitting team in the conference. Yeah we didn't set the world on fire, but we were ok there.

2023 SEC Baseball - Team Statistics (espncdn.com)