Is it just me or do we look like boys among men

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Do you really think you can make someone who is 5 foot 10 and 160 pounds stronger than someone who is 6 foot 3 and 220 pounds? I do not doubt we don't need some help with our strength and conditioning,, but you have to have talented and strong/fast players to start with.
Yes, we routinely turn 4.8 sec 40 yard dash players into 4.1 sec players. ****

There is only so much coaching you can do to improve speed and reaction time (nothing you do will change size). Of course, there are the exceptions but they are rare like the 95 year old guy that smoked 2 packs of cigarettes and drank a fifth of Jack every day.

1984dog

Apr 4, 2014
against the top half of the SEC. The physicality difference is quite remarkable. Lemon needs to hit the portal hard for power hitters. Tenn has over 140 HRs, we have half that and our top 2 are as cold as ice. Throw in some arm strength in the infield would help too. That hit to right field that landed in front of Jordan would have been a sure out with Renfroe in right. Just sayin'.
As John Cohen said when he took the job at MSU. "You have to recruit players that fit your playing field" TN has some short fences which results in many HRs - many of those HRs would be just long fly outs at the Dude. MSU has a large field with lots of real estate to cover and that takes players with elite speed to cover that ground. I'm not saying that TN players are not great baseball players, but you have to factor in the amount of foul territory, field dimensions and even the type of turf. I'm not saying that MSU should not recruit some big players with power, but if you get too many of these on the team, the Dude will make you pay with more gap doubles, more grounders through the infield and more visitor runs on the score board.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
As John Cohen said when he took the job at MSU. "You have to recruit players that fit your playing field" TN has some short fences which results in many HRs - many of those HRs would be just long fly outs at the Dude. MSU has a large field with lots of real estate to cover and that takes players with elite speed to cover that ground. I'm not saying that TN players are not great baseball players, but you have to factor in the amount of foul territory, field dimensions and even the type of turf. I'm not saying that MSU should not recruit some big players with power, but if you get too many of these on the team, the Dude will make you pay with more gap doubles, more grounders through the infield and more visitor runs on the score board.
The dude isn’t a big park, right about average. Tenn gaps are short but fair everywhere else

similar to a lot of other schools in the sec. Arkansas and Georgia both have bigger yards. Box, Olsen, mckee, sway all right there on par. Kentucky is as big or bigger

actuslly think our 305 to right is the shortest distance to get a homer in the sec, but I didnt look em all up

Last edited: