Is that pint sized script State gonna be on our football field all year?

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Please don’t take offense to my question, I am genuinely and honestly curious. Are you a homosexual male, or do you happen be a female? Reason I ask is because most people that passionately and really like the script $tate logo are mostly one of the two. I’m not saying 100%, just overwhelmingly mostly. Again, no offense just curious. Thank you.
So you hang out with a bunch of homosexual males and discuss Mississippi State logos?😂

Last edited:

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
So you hang out with a bunch of homosexual males and discuss Mississippi State logos?😂
not that there's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
You’re right, and so are a lot of fans unfortunately. It’s not about you, it’s about Mississippi State and you’re dubmass ignorant vaginal secreted fuckshit *** doesn’t get it

Many of us think bigger than you. Much bigger.
Yikes! It’s not that serious Goat.

My stance is pretty clear. I like the script logo, although it wouldn’t be my first choice. Either way, it’s a clear upgrade over the banner that’s an abomination. It’s bizarre to see so many people here have attachment to that awful looking logo that’s only been around for what, 20 years? At least for football anyway.

College athletics is changing. We can either try to evolve with it and make us a more attractive program for student athletes(that yes, care very much about appearance- especially the current high school - college generation), or, we can cling to the past and long for the days when athletes weren’t paid and loyalty is all that mattered.

Look, I don’t love the direction everything is going, but maybe along the way common sense will prevail and they’ll get a grip on NIL and transfers. Until then, we need to join Selmon & Lebby on this quest to lead us into the next frontier of athletics. We can’t sit around and wish things were different. It’s time to evolve and embrace it, the banner days are over.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Yikes! It’s not that serious Goat.

My stance is pretty clear. I like the script logo, although it wouldn’t be my first choice. Either way, it’s a clear upgrade over the banner that’s an abomination. It’s bizarre to see so many people here have attachment to that awful looking logo that’s only been around for what, 20 years? At least for football anyway.

College athletics is changing. We can either try to evolve with it and make us a more attractive program for student athletes(that yes, care very much about appearance- especially the current high school - college generation), or, we can cling to the past and long for the days when athletes weren’t paid and loyalty is all that mattered.

Look, I don’t love the direction everything is going, but maybe along the way common sense will prevail and they’ll get a grip on NIL and transfers. Until then, we need to join Selmon & Lebby on this quest to lead us into the next frontier of athletics. We can’t sit around and wish things were different. It’s time to evolve and embrace it, the banner days are over.
It’s serious to me, or was. But as I get older, it matters much less.

It’s all good, my side lost. Good luck.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
Ha. I actually have a nephew that is homosexual. He and all his friends prefer that logo, as do you. They love women’s basketball and softball. I get that, but my argument is that it’s definitely not for football.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Ha. I actually have a nephew that is homosexual. He and all his friends prefer that logo, as do you. They love women’s basketball and softball. I get that, but my argument is that it’s definitely not for football.
I’d definitely prefer interlocking for football. But my original point is that the banner M that’s been around the last 20 years is not a good logo. It was a mistake made after Sherrill was fired, and now we are course correcting from a branding perspective.

Cmack72

Apr 9, 2024
It looks embarrassingly weak. Script State should only be on the baseball and basketball jerseys. Block State should be in our endzones and on our football jerseys. The M over S baseball emblem is our most lasting and recognized trademark and would like to see it on our football helmets. The basketball court and football field should have a ferocious bully or walking bully. Thoughts?
I don't want to see the baseball logo anywhere other than baseball. It's iconic and immediately recognized for baseball.

Reactions: Anon1704414204

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
I’d definitely prefer interlocking for football. But my original point is that the banner M that’s been around the last 20 years is not a good logo. It was a mistake made after Sherrill was fired, and now we are course correcting from a branding perspective.
And my point is that this is merely your and my gay nephew and his friends personal opinion. This opinion doesn’t speak for the overwhelming heterosexual male’s opinion on this subject.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
My honest answer is, objectively speaking, the banner M sucks. It is not respected, adored, or envied by anyone in collegiate athletics.
What logos are respected? I have 0 respect for any logo in college or pro sports. 0 respect. It's a 17ing logo- why wouldn't anyone have respect for a logo?
The respect is reserved for the program/franchise/team.

How many logos in college sports are adored? Like really...adored? The 17? Any logos that are adored are adored because they represent teams that have succeeded.
Duke D, Syracuse S, Bama A, etc etc- if someone adores a logo like these, it's simply due to the success that has taken place under that logo.

Same with envy- no need to provide more examples.

I do not respect the UCONN logo, do not adore the UCONN logo, and am not jealous of the UCONN logo.
I sure as 17 am jealous of their success on the court though.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
What logos are respected? I have 0 respect for any logo in college or pro sports. 0 respect. It's a 17ing logo- why wouldn't anyone have respect for a logo?
The respect is reserved for the program/franchise/team.

How many logos in college sports are adored? Like really...adored? The 17? Any logos that are adored are adored because they represent teams that have succeeded.
Duke D, Syracuse S, Bama A, etc etc- if someone adores a logo like these, it's simply due to the success that has taken place under that logo.

Same with envy- no need to provide more examples.

I do not respect the UCONN logo, do not adore the UCONN logo, and am not jealous of the UCONN logo.
I sure as 17 am jealous of their success on the court though.
Idk man. The banner M sucks. There are a lot of great collegiate logos out there that are great. The current AD is actively trying to market us and make us a more attractive program. I’m all aboard.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
These look like &tate basketball uniforms this year. Marketing genius!

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Idk man. The banner M sucks. There are a lot of great collegiate logos out there that are great. The current AD is actively trying to market us and make us a more attractive program. I’m all aboard.
You claimed the banner M isn't respected, adored, or envied.
I ask you how many logos are, and you answer with 'idk'?
17ing typical for an SPS emotion based post and thread.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
You claimed the banner M isn't respected, adored, or envied.
I ask you how many logos are, and you answer with 'idk'?
17ing typical for an SPS emotion based post and thread.
There are a ton of great college logos that are adored, admired, respected, fill in the verb. Ours sucks. You want me to name all the great college logos? Will that help?

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
I read maybe half of this **** and concluded that we got some people problems around this place. It’s a 17’n font people.

motion to ban logo talk after Labor Day.

Reactions: mstateglfr

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
There are a ton of great college logos that are adored, admired, respected, fill in the verb. Ours sucks. You want me to name all the great college logos? Will that help?
Yeah- list 10 of them and explain why each is adored/envied. That would help a lot.
I genuinely have no idea what an adored or envied logo looks like since I have never adored or been envious of a 17ing logo.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Yeah- list 10 of them and explain why each is adored/envied. That would help a lot.
I genuinely have no idea what an adored or envied logo looks like since I have never adored or been envious of a 17ing logo.
I guess it depends on your perspective. If the team you root for has a ****** logo (like the banner M) every logo that is better could be “envied”. But since we disagree on most things on this message board, you’ve made it a point to try and single out verbs I used in a post and use your typical “holier than thou” self righteous rhetoric in response. That’s fine, it’s who you are.

I certainly didn’t realize everyone was so attached to the banner M. I learned today that it has a deep attachment to our fanbase. I also learned that I definitely get under your skin.

Here’s 10 iconic, adored, worshipped, respected, loved, envied, appreciated, cherished, valued, idolized, honored, treasured, revered, and praised logos/brands:

LSU
Florida
Oklahoma State
North Carolina
UCLA
Kansas
Georgia Tech
Florida State
Michigan State
Texas

I’m sure you’ll disagree and that’s fine! But they are objectively head and shoulders above the banner M logo. Along with most other schools.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I guess it depends on your perspective. If the team you root for has a ****** logo (like the banner M) every logo that is better could be “envied”. But since we disagree on most things on this message board, you’ve made it a point to try and single out verbs I used in a post and use your typical “holier than thou” self righteous rhetoric in response. That’s fine, it’s who you are.

I certainly didn’t realize everyone was so attached to the banner M. I learned today that it has a deep attachment to our fanbase. I also learned that I definitely get under your skin.

Here’s 10 iconic, adored, worshipped, respected, loved, envied, appreciated, cherished, valued, idolized, honored, treasured, revered, and praised logos/brands:

LSU
Florida
Oklahoma State
North Carolina
UCLA
Kansas
Georgia Tech
Florida State
Michigan State
Texas

I’m sure you’ll disagree and that’s fine! But they are objectively head and shoulders above the banner M logo. Along with most other schools.
Well, you listed 10.

- some here are attached to the banner, just like some here dislike it.. A fanbase isn't a monolith when it comes to logo design...that's about the least shocking thing I've said or typed today.
- I am not personally attached to the banner M. I don't dislike it, but I also don't love it. I have it on a hat and I like that hat, but if the same hat had the flying M from 50 years ago, I would like that too.
- you haven't gotten under my skin. You have made some absurd claims, I as well as others have pushed back, and here we are. You have since backtracked and aren't nearly as declarative as you started off.

As for your 10, I would say that 7 of those are iconic or cherished because they represent sustained success across multiple sports and decades.
KU basketball. LSU football. UNC basketball. Etc etc.
But the letters KU in blue and sometimes red aren't inherently better than MSU's banner M or any other MSU logo I can think of.
LSU in purple and yellow isn't inherently better than the banner M or other MSU logos.
F17S- Oklahoma State? How is 'OSU' in orange and black a design that is envied or beloved? If MSU did the same font in maroon and black or maroon and white, that wouldn't make MSU have a beloved and envied logo.

The logos you mention aren't beloved because they are awesomely designed. They are beloved and envied because they represent history and success under that logo.

These aren't special. And OkieState's logo has changed at least 3 times since I was in college 20 years ago, so let's not pretend like the current version is historic and unchangeable.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

LSU
Florida
Oklahoma State
North Carolina
UCLA
Kansas
Georgia Tech
Florida State
Michigan State
Texas

What are those iconic?

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
LSU
Florida
Oklahoma State
North Carolina
UCLA
Kansas
Georgia Tech
Florida State
Michigan State
Texas

To be honest, with the exception of NC, UCLA and GT, I don't know what the main logo of the remain schools is.

Is LSU just that "LSU"? Or is it the leaping tiger over the lsu. Or football helmet or baseball logo? No idea.

Texas? A steer head? Or the interlocking UT? No idea.

Michigan St? Ok, that's a joke. That awful script &t ate or the spartan head or a plain letter S. All terrible.

FSU had some decent designs until they were given the terrible Nike interlocking FSU in 96 (just like us).

Kansas? A jayhawk head or just a couple of letters? KU. Genius.

Florida.... a power F. Script Gator (at least they didn't use a sheet music for the G).

The "banner M" has all the traits of other power logos used by colleges throughout the US. You have a strong M for Mississippi and the banner State to distinguish us. As well incorporating the nickname. simple, perfect, unique. Now maybe someone doesn't like the banner portion. Fine. Remove it. Leave the M with State across or add the &tate across an M. Similar to Iowa St. However &tate alone is plain and generic and doesn't identify us specifically.

Reactions: mstateglfr