Jerry at practice

Seton75

All-Conference
Jun 3, 2001
36,993
3,472
113
Jerry is our guy no doubt. He is as positive about us as possible. But I dont remember him being "blowing smoke up our butt" positive.

Loved what he wrote about Copeland. And I love watching players like the one Jerry described.
 

PirateBlue08

Senior
Jul 25, 2025
1,041
946
113
My sources have been telling me good things about Anderson. Jerry confirmed that in the article. High BB IQ, quick and a good shooter.

Might be a major surprise.
I remember most people on this board were upset when he committed. I said back then he's a solid versatile Big East guard and can do a bit of everything and people will be surprised. I definitely think he will be like an additional starter even if he comes off the bench.
 

HallGuy2323

Senior
Jun 3, 2020
966
745
93
Sounds to me that if we want to be a legitimately good, inside the top 45 and a safe bubble team we’ll need Copeland to be a major 30mpg+ player. Sounds like we don’t have anybody else that can bang down low and be a difference maker. Please don’t say Fischer.

Anything else and we’ll probably be average at best again hanging on to the bubble for dear life like last year. That’s a lot of pressure for one player.
 

Fishjam

All-Conference
Mar 27, 2016
1,113
3,701
113
Just amazing how many players miss practice and games at Seton Hall for both injuries and illnesses. I know it happens everywhere but we seem to have more than usual. Its an apples to oranges comparison and a far different era but in 4 years at SH, I never missed a baseball game or a practice to injury or illness. And it wasn't uncommon. Some guys had real injuries and missed time but the core of the team never missed any time.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Piratz

HALL85

Heisman
Jul 5, 2001
30,384
11,827
113
Good to hear Jerry being so high on Copeland. He needs to be a beast given that he is going to carry a big load.

When looking at Anderson’s history (three teams in three years) and percentage stats that are solid but certainly not eye popping, I’ll reserve judgement on the early positive play. He is what he is as a solid rotation guy, but this team is so guard/wing heavy I don’t see him getting more minutes unless foul or injury trouble.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Piratz

hallmatt

Redshirt
Dec 1, 2018
45
33
18
Just amazing how many players miss practice and games at Seton Hall for both injuries and illnesses. I know it happens everywhere but we seem to have more than usual. Its an apples to oranges comparison and a far different era but in 4 years at SH, I never missed a baseball game or a practice to injury or illness. And it wasn't uncommon. Some guys had real injuries and missed time but the core of the team never missed any time.
Except last yr. We were very healthy. Only Hines missed time and it was 2-3 games
 

PirateBlue08

Senior
Jul 25, 2025
1,041
946
113
Not sure about the knees, but anyone in Walsh the day he fell and landed headfirst will remember that sound, followed by the eerie stillness of a few thousand worried fans hoping Eugene was OK.
Forgot all about that. Didn’t they call him the Dancing Bear? Or was that Melvyn Oliver 🤣
 

hallwins

Senior
Sep 7, 2001
635
926
93
My sources have been telling me good things about Anderson. Jerry confirmed that in the article. High BB IQ, quick and a good shooter.

Might be a major surprise.
Not a surprise to everyone. LOL
He is a player. Stuck out to me every time i watched X play last year. He needed help on that roster.
 

Seton75

All-Conference
Jun 3, 2001
36,993
3,472
113
Out of pure curiosity can anyone else confirm if this statement is even remotely accurate? Never heard much about Suemnick having big expectations much less starting.
It would have been nice to have a PF sized PF as an option. I dont remember big expectations for any of our 3 PFs. Suemnick played about as often in his last 2 yrs at WV and Ok St as our 2 sub PFs, with minor stats like they gave us.

Personally, I dont remember thinking any of the three PFs were best suited as a PF.
 
Last edited:

Halldan

All-American
Staff member
Jan 1, 2003
185,921
8,976
113
Suemnick would have unquestionably got the chance to play quality minutes. What he did with that chance no one will know.
 
Seton Hall Pirates

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals 4-star PG Javion Tyndale commits to Seton Hall
  2. 02 Rivals Basketball Recruiting 4-star PG Javion Tyndale down to 6 schools
  3. 03 Women's Sports Highly-recruited 2027 prospect Ava Womack breaks down recruitment
  4. 04 Women's Sports Highly-recruited 2027 prospect Eni Oyedeji breaks down recruitment
  5. 05 On3 Basketball LMU transfer guard Rodney Brown Jr. commits to Seton Hall