Johnny Long has issues

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Concur, although they never showed a replay that showed the bat being flipped toward the dugout.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
There’s a fine line between being passionately competitive and being a UT style baseball dick. He crossed that like two weeks in a row.
He’s just not good enough to act like an idiot.

He’s far from the only one who does stuff like that. The whole showing up the other team and players is getting annoying. It’s making college baseball less fun to watch.

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
Jake or TA aren’t here! We’ve been hot garbage for two years running! Any thing that shows our team has a pulse is fine by me!
If Jake Long doing Jake Long things meant winning games then you might have a point. But Jake Long doing Jake Long things hasn’t rocketed us to wins these past two Saturdays.

It’s like the Wood Chuck not Chucking Wood.

Reactions: Fang1

dogmatic001

Sep 30, 2022
Concur, although they never showed a replay that showed the bat being flipped toward the dugout.
I got aggravated at the ESPN broadcast because the announcer was flaming out about the bat being flipped at the dugout when that didn’t happen so that aggravation colored my initial reaction. But I generally agree that acting like a UT player is not a good idea. That kind of **** gets old really quickly. If the guys on the 21 team who won the championship didn’t act like that, there’s no grounds at all for anyone else in our program to do it either.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I got aggravated at the ESPN broadcast because the announcer was flaming out about the bat being flipped at the dugout when that didn’t happen so that aggravation colored my initial reaction. But I generally agree that acting like a UT player is not a good idea. That kind of **** gets old really quickly. If the guys on the 21 team who won the championship didn’t act like that, there’s no grounds at all for anyone else in our program to do it either.
I could be wrong but I think its flipping it in front of the other teams dugout rather than while still in box or flipping it back toward our dugout. You’re right he didn’t flip it toward the OM dugout and I don’t know why the announcers kept insinuating that.

Reactions: bolddogge

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
Maybe if some more players gave a damn then all the attention wouldn't be just on our catcher. Maybe if our head coach wouldn't put freshmen in situations way over their heads we'd get different results. Team is much improved but the losses are not all in long. Looks at the complete work not just cherry pick two games where things didn't pan out. Way too many bs walk off losses before tonight!

dogmatic001

Sep 30, 2022
Jake or TA aren’t here! We’ve been hot garbage for two years running! Any thing that shows our team has a pulse is fine by me!
Way too short sighted. We’re not gonna give up and become **** asses in response to what’s happened the last two years.
I could be wrong but I think its flipping it in front of the other teams dugout rather than while still in box or flipping it back toward our dugout. You’re right he didn’t flip it toward the OM dugout and I don’t know why the announcers kept insinuating that.

dogmatic001

Sep 30, 2022
They sounded like the kind of people who don’t know that much about Baseball. Either that or their sympathies were just with Ole Miss I don’t know. I’m no excuse artist and I don’t care if they are Ole Miss broadcasters. He didn’t flip the bat at the Ole Miss dugout. The fact that that got exaggerated pissed me off. But I’m more aggravated at the pathetic Baseball we played from the late eighth inning on.

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
Maybe if some more players gave a damn then all the attention wouldn't be just on our catcher. Maybe if our head coach wouldn't put freshmen in situations way over their heads we'd get different results. Team is much improved but the losses are not all in long. Looks at the complete work not just cherry pick two games where things didn't pan out. Way too many bs walk off losses before tonight!
Then why did you suspend Redmond for 12 years?

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
They sounded like the kind of people who don’t know that much about Baseball. Either that or their sympathies were just with Ole Miss I don’t know. I’m no excuse artist and I don’t care if they are Ole Miss broadcasters. He didn’t flip the bat at the Ole Miss dugout. The fact that that got exaggerated pissed me off. But I’m more aggravated at the pathetic Baseball we played from the late eighth inning on.
They acted like he attached a grenade to it and javelinned the bat at Bianco’s grandkids. It was a bit ridiculous

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
They weren't OM broadcasters, it was Tom Hart and Kyle Peterson. Kyle raves about every team/ballpark he goes to. When we reopened the Dude, he was almost doing full game commercials for it.

dogmatic001

Sep 30, 2022
They acted like he attached a grenade to it and javelinned the bat at Bianco’s grandkids. It was a bit ridiculous
The whole end of the game was ridiculous, taking us back to the original discussion. The announcers were calling all those balls that went through Long‘s position wild pitches when they were much more likely to be scored passed balls. At the very least, I would’ve expected our catcher to block them better than he did. It’s really hard to believe someone like that is our catcher. I see a lot of high school baseball and there are one or two catchers in particular I watch regularly who are community college commits who would be better at that job,
but if you can’t play your position any better than he does, you sure don’t need to be flipping a bat anywhere. The one run you just got back wasn’t as many as you lost with all of your ******* around.

Reactions: HuntDawg

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
That was an absolute clown show. I can not support someone acting like that. As I said that’s Busch League behavior. Be better! Treat the game with respect or the game will come back to bite you as it always does!
Do us all a favor and stop supporting this program. It's sucking with that kind of support. Weve babied this program to death.
You'd rather complain about a guy that hit a bomb instead of this sad baseball program we've got. You don't even care we lost, you just want to call out a player that did his job and showed some emotion for it.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Some of you old farts need to settle down. That's exactly the type of reaction we need. It doesn't matter if we win. We need to show some emotion even if doing so fires up the other team. I'd rather lose with fire and emotion than win without it. It's better to not make a regional as long as we show some ballz. I can't wait to see what he does when he finally throws out his first base runner. Watch TF out, SEC. Watch TF out. And when that batting average gets above .250 I'm cheering on the display of pure passion that says FU Mizzou or whoever we're playing. Screw those other SEC teams. They deserve to see an awesome, 10-second spectacle even if we don't win. Let them have the smug satisfaction of winning. We know what matters. Balls. Well, and strikes too. And that HR was nice. I actually like the passion. Just tone it down a bit a maybe make it less about taking a shot at the other team.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Fire and emotion is great. If it’s controlled.

two weekends in a row. 2 very bush league actions.

sorry its bush league, and our program is better than that. I’m all for emotion and fire and passion, what he did last night wasn’t that. The stomping on home plate and staring into the dugout wasn’t passion, it was bush league. Sad we have people on here defending it.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
That would be a dumb rule. How would you ever flip it in front of the 3rd base dugout? You'd have to carry it all the way around the bases to do that.

Reactions: NTDawg