Johnny Long has issues

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I don’t know what the rule is and didn’t even know there was a rule about where and when you could flip a bat… but I think we can all agree that long was trying to piss off ole miss with where and how he flipped the bat and I would imagine that is the spirit of the rule, I’m guessing. You want to slip a bat then flip it toward your own dugout not halfway down the first base line. But with that said, I think long would have done what he did even if state was in the first base dugout.
Absolutely don't agree. I think he was celebrating that he hit a go ahead Home Run.

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
The same people clutching their pearls in here also complain about how easily society gets offended nowadays. Go find a fainting couch somewhere else.

You keep doing you, Johnny.
They are the type of people that complain about Biden and scream Let’s go Brandon, but have a compete breakdown screaming we need to respect the president when someone says similar things about Trump.

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
They weren't OM broadcasters, it was Tom Hart and Kyle Peterson. Kyle raves about every team/ballpark he goes to. When we reopened the Dude, he was almost doing full game commercials for it.
He has spoken about the dude multiple times this weekend.

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
That 70S Show Lol GIF by IFC
Appropriate GIF for Long.

Politics Sigh GIF
Appropriate GIF for Bianco.

• Haha
Reactions: patdog

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Did some of you even play little league?

I can remember if you even tossed the bat behind you over any great length, the ump and/or coach would have words for you.

If you did what he did Saturday night, butt chewing before you could get off the field and ride that pine the rest of the night.

But times have changed..... Let's Go Brandon!

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
They sounded like the kind of people who don’t know that much about Baseball. Either that or their sympathies were just with Ole Miss I don’t know. I’m no excuse artist and I don’t care if they are Ole Miss broadcasters. He didn’t flip the bat at the Ole Miss dugout. The fact that that got exaggerated pissed me off. But I’m more aggravated at the pathetic Baseball we played from the late eighth inning on.
Exactly the team
Then why did you suspend Redmond for 12 years?
wow guess I just need to self impose the death penalty on all non championship sports at our university if I'm the guy that can do all that. Really look at the name bro😜
250 hitter. Heard on the broadcast he hasn’t thrown a runner out all year.

the bad far outweighs the good. Should be benched, and benched again every time he steps on the field and acts that way.

the bat flip went towards the ole miss dugout. It wasnt intentional, but when you carry it down the line then flip it in the air, it’s going to happen, add to it the stomp on the plate and stare. Shoulda been ejected and needs to be addressed my lemonis.

very bush

Again long is one of the worst catchers in the sec. Can’t act like that. Period
Again you're here to tell us how bad long is but have blinders on for the lululemonis and staff that's shat the bed two years in a row before long even got here. I mean it has to be a minimum of thirty times you shat on long but never mentioned lululemonis in the last week. Yawn!🥱

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
Won’t argue that. Guess I was trying to say if he’s good enough to be in the lineup at the DH spot. Why not let him catch, bench the 200 hitting long, and open up the DH spot for a better hitter

if we are finding ways to get him in the order. Let’s do it at catcher and not pull a Hancock deal and put people in bad situations to let the teachers pet play
Won't argue he should've been a redshirt but just looking for another reason to
**** on long. Again yawn!🥱

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
0 all season

Hard to believe his production at the plate is stronger than other aspects of his game but he actually hits better than he throws.

heart and soul guy, team leader, calls players only meetings…. Can’t bench him, he can act like he wants
Where did long touch you? Obviously he 17d your old lady or something. You haven't let up all week. Move on and look at the coaches for once. Take the blinders off!! 🥱

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Where did long touch you? Obviously he 17d your old lady or something. You haven't let up all week. Move on and look at the coaches for once. Take the blinders off!! 🥱
I’ve said plenty about th coaches. This topic isn’t about the coaches, it’s about Long. However the way long continues to act with no repercussion is a reflection of the staff.. and a bad one

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
0 all season

Hard to believe his production at the plate is stronger than other aspects of his game but he actually hits better than he throws.

heart and soul guy, team leader, calls players only meetings…. Can’t bench him, he can act like he wants
********… no one player is bigger than the history of the program…

Reactions: Fishsqeezer

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Absolutely don't agree. I think he was celebrating that he hit a go ahead Home Run.
So stomping on the plate white staring into the OM dugout is part of his celebration?

Obviously, Long has not done much here to celebrate about, so maybe I’m just not familiar with his routine. He hits around .240, never thrown anyone out, has about 9 RBIs. I guess I’ve seen him be a part of 2 big moments and both times he had to make the moment all about himself.

I don’t mind a player being a pompous dick head but at least be able to back it up with your play. Don’t be the guy who does something good every now and then and act like your Mike Trout out there.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Did some of you even play little league?

I can remember if you even tossed the bat behind you over any great length, the ump and/or coach would have words for you.

If you did what he did Saturday night, butt chewing before you could get off the field and ride that pine the rest of the night.

But times have changed..... Let's Go Brandon!
Little League? LMFAO!! This ain't Little League nor 1980. And the rule on bat tosses was a safety issue back then. No one was injured in that 1B line bat toss because no one was near it.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Little League? LMFAO!! This ain't Little League nor 1980. And the rule on bat tosses was a safety issue back then. No one was injured in that 1B line bat toss because no one was near it.
Its not little league. But i think everyone can agree Bat Flips have gotten out of hand. I mean there were players bat flipping into opposing dugouts last season.

Rule was put in.. you cant bat flip towards the opposing teams dugout.

Again I dont think Long was trying to bat flip that direction. However the bat landed there. The first base umpire immediately pointed it out. By the letter of the law, should have been tossed, umpires used their discretion (which im ok with too). which is what got Bianco tossed... However its fair to say it lit a fire in the Ole Miss dugout, as Ole miss outscored us 16-2 from that point toward and won the series....

For all the team talk.. seems like Johnny sure is a "look at me guy" when he does something well (Which isnt often)... amazed Lemonis allowed it.

Reactions: Fishsqeezer

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Its not little league. But i think everyone can agree Bat Flips have gotten out of hand. I mean there were players bat flipping into opposing dugouts last season.

Again I dont think Long was trying to bat flip that direction. However the bat landed there. The first base umpire immediately pointed it out. By the letter of the law, should have been tossed, umpires used their discretion (which im ok with too). which is what got Bianco tossed... However its fair to say it lit a fire in the Ole Miss dugout, as Ole miss outscored us 16-2 from that point toward and won the series....

For all the team talk.. seems like Johnny sure is a "look at me guy" when he does something well (Which isnt often)... amazed Lemonis allowed it.
He didn't flip the bat at their dugout. He flipped it backwards and no rule was broken. You're welcome to attempt to prove he broke the rules when the umpires obviously disagree with you.
We've simply got a bunch of ultra conservative, pearl clutching candy asses in our fan base.
They'd rather feed the losing team than celebrate a big play. Used to our fans were hard on the opponents (Joey Belle says hello). Now, just a bunch of panty waisted , whining little bitches.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
He didn't flip the bat at their dugout. He flipped it backwards and no rule was broken. You're welcome to attempt to prove he broke the rules when the umpires obviously disagree with you.
We've simply got a bunch of ultra conservative, pearl clutching candy asses in our fan base.
They'd rather feed the losing team than celebrate a big play. Used to our fans were hard on the opponents (Joey Belle says hello). Now, just a bunch of panty waisted , whining little bitches.

I didnt say he flipped it at their dugout. I said thats where i landed. If a bat is "flipped" from home plate and landed where it landed, by rule, it would have been flipped toward the opposing teams dugout. He obviously flipped it from 60 feet up the line. Which is an entirely different issue.

The umpires used their judgement and discretion.. which im good with.... but i think the way lemonis acted and the first base umpire acted.... the line being walked was a fine line. Long could have been ejected.

Issue being is Long was in the middle of a situation he created last weekend. It costed the team. He was in another situation he created this weekend, and it costed the team again...... both situations he created, both stiuations he drew the attention to himself.

For someone that is a "heart and sole" guy. A "team leader" a "Team first guy"... this certainly doesnt display it... and it certainly doesnt show hes learned anything. Its bush league. Most of the country and a large portion of the fan base agree with this. Lemonis shouldnt allow this from anyone.

Reactions: Anon1664516582

patdog

May 28, 2007
All I know is this series went to hell and back when he fired up the opposing team with his ridiculous antics.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Why do you say this? My sources do not agree.

Both incidents lead to losses. I didnt see anyone racing to defend him, in interviews or in the dugout.

Its like the drunk guy at the bar. Great guy, but by the nights end he's going to cause a stir. You have his back the first time because he's your friend.. but after that its almost like, here we go again Tom's acting like a drunk idiot.

Hunter Hines hits a homer. Flips the bat towards OUR dugout, and trots around the bases. Why does our catcher to get stomp on home plate and mouth to the ole miss dugout.... its a tiring act, and one that can rub people the wrong way, teammates included.

Raiderdawg

Sep 28, 2022

The unsportsmanlike rule in the NCAA rule book this year specifically mentions flipping a bat at an opponent or umpire (along with bench jockeying, using props/signs and negative comments to umps, players or fans) will result in a warning to the player and coach. If you keep doing it, then you are tossed.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
The unsportsmanlike rule in the NCAA rule book this year specifically mentions flipping a bat at an opponent or umpire (along with bench jockeying, using props/signs and negative comments to umps, players or fans) will result in a warning to the player and coach. If you keep doing it, then you are tossed.
Which is what i said. The umpires also have the leeway to throw a player out if they overstep, they dont have to go warning first.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Wish you guys would cut the kid a little slack.

None of you guys would be complaining about him if he was more productive on offense.

We need him to grow up and continue to improve, but you have to appreciate his passion for the game.

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
its a tiring act, and one that can rub people the wrong way, teammates included.
It obviously did rub some people the wrong way, you one of them. Although I don't care for it much myself, I don't see it as a big deal. I've watched too many bats flipped and plates stomped at us over the years for me to get mad about him doing it in that situation. But you are speculating it rubbed the team the wrong way. I'm telling you that's false.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Wish you guys would cut the kid a little slack.

None of you guys would be complaining about him if he was more productive on offense.

We need him to grow up and continue to improve, but you have to appreciate his passion for the game.
He hasnt thrown out a runner all season either..... Being a smartass...

But seriously: I appreciate passion.

Two issues I have problems with:
1) Stomping on home plate and staring into the ole miss dugout is NOT passion. It isnt caught up the moment either. Hes got a full trot there. He doesnt have to stomp or do that. That to be isnt passion. The bat flip. I give a pass on

and 2) I gave a pass the UGA weekend. His behavior was way out of line. It costed us 1 game and could have another. He had a chance to show/grow/learn-- he didnt and hasnt. Same look at me behavior this week... And it clearly lit a fire under the ole miss team.

I appreciate the fire. But I cant let it outweigh the bush league behavior two weekends in a row. At some point, have to acknowledge this isnt the way we are going to act, and grab a seat on the bench for a while. So that maybe next time, you'll learn.

Last edited:

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
State fans: Coach doesn't show emotion, Coach should've gotten tossed over that call, Coach just sits on his bucket,

Also State fans: Johnny Long that dirty SOB should be tossed and his emotions are out of control

Our fans lol....SMH

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
It obviously did rub some people the wrong way, you one of them. Although I don't care for it much myself, I don't see it as a big deal. I've watched too many bats flipped and plates stomped at us over the years for me to get mad about him doing it in that situation. But you are speculating it rubbed the team the wrong way. I'm telling you that's false.
If you say. I dont buy it though. You dont see this type of bush league play from championship level programs. We didnt have it when we were winning... it looks like UT and they despite all the talent in the world cant win anything.

If this team is following Long, and that attitude, and the coaches are allowing it. Thats a bigger issue that the current talent level. Winning programs/teams/cultures dont allow that to be part of their norms.

However if you have some inside information. Please enlighten

Last edited:

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
State fans: Coach doesn't show emotion, Coach should've gotten tossed over that call, Coach just sits on his bucket,

Also State fans: Johnny Long that dirty SOB should be tossed and his emotions are out of control

Our fans lol....SMH
Coaches getting tossed is fine. Coaches getting tossed arent usually becuase of bush league acts.

Our players acting and playing and conductive themselves in a bush league manner is a red flag. Both actions were bush league. SEC baseball players typically dont get booed in opposing parks. Tells you how bush league and how out of line it was.

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
Winning programs/teams/cultures dont allow that to be part of their norms.

However if you have some inside information. Please enlighten
That pretty much is the norm at UT. And as much as I don't like them, they've been camped out in the top 10 for years now. I'd swap places with them in a heartbeat.
And it's not my place to be calling names. Maybe SR or someone else will ask the question directly in a postgame interview.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
That pretty much is the norm at UT. And as much as I don't like them, they've been camped out in the top 10 for years now. I'd swap places with them in a heartbeat.
And it's not my place to be calling names. Maybe SR or someone else will ask the question directly in a postgame interview.
UT hasnt won anything either. Camped out for years... Try 4 years.. Theyve had a nice 4 year run... but cant win when it matters... Not a lot of championship programs conducting themselves that way either.

If we want to model ourselves after them so be it. Id hate to see that swap.

I'll say again: championship teams dont allow bush league behavior. Look at the elite teams in all college sports. Its not allowed. What this team needs is a real leader to step up and put Long and his attitude in check.

Reactions: Anon1664516582

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Slate Alford anyone? You obviously didn't go to the UGA series a week ago.
I was referring to behavior and how one acts on the field. Slate and the history is understandable.... and BTW no one here is begging for slate, or thinks a team full of slate alfords would win very many games

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
Coaches getting tossed is fine. Coaches getting tossed arent usually becuase of bush league acts.

Our players acting and playing and conductive themselves in a bush league manner is a red flag. Both actions were bush league. SEC baseball players typically dont get booed in opposing parks. Tells you how bush league and how out of line it was.
Now you're upset because OM booed a State player, so that makes him bush league.. LMAO you've got to be a troll

Reactions: yakalot2

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
So you know that the team is in good spirits with Long. But dont want to say anything about where its coming from.

If your not prepared to back it up, dont bring it up.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
We couldn't either, until we did.

His attitude is not the problem.
Couldnt disagree more.

TA, Mangum, Rowdy,a real leader on this team.. Long isnt acting like that.... then again on those teams hes not playing either... but theyd keep that behavior in check.

Difference in playing hard and being bush league. Bush league didnt fly with our championship teams and the run we had.

Reactions: patdog

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
So you know that the team is in good spirits with Long. But dont want to say anything about where its coming from.

If your not prepared to back it up, dont bring it up.
Nobody is in good spirits at the moment, but there are no issues with Long.
Do you know any reporters that name confidential sources? Don't be a dubmas. I know what I know and I'll bring up what I please. Thank you very much.