Lets honor TSUN BearHunter, with: Cool Interactions with Famous Athletes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg4ever49

Aug 27, 2012
Wayne Jones picked me up by the shirt collar and introgated us, when he thought we were the ones who dropped a water baloon on him from the fifth floor. He was the rushing leader that year. Went to Oxfart for the game that year and it was colder than a well diggers ***, and he promptly fumbled the first five times he touched the ball.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
I threw darts with Pau Gasol at the Flying Saucer one night.

I don't know if you guys knew this, but he's from Spain. He also has a younger brother named Marc. I know this bc we are TIGHT. He told me about how much he loved Memphis, rebounding, and how he hated the colors purple and yellow.

Railin Jemmye

Oct 29, 2012
I believe Wayne Jones should have gotten a brick to the head......

if that truly happened. Instead you brag about how he owned you.

Unless you truly did throw a water balloon at him, in which case you deserved it.

Railin Jemmye

Oct 29, 2012
No way dude......

DDP usually got his *** whipped, then Sting came out of the rafters to save him and beat the whole NWO's ***.

Bullyscott

Aug 23, 2012
Wating for a taxi outstide a Los Angeles hotel when Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, and George Brett all walk out within about 5 minutes and get into a limo headed to the airport. I think Willie and I made eye contact. That would probably explain the crazy text I got earlier this week. It simply said, "My godson got screwed. 17 the sportswriters. Holla at cha boy, Say Hey Kid." Willie and I go WAY back!

Also sat next to TJ Honore and Super D in a History class at State. They were pretty cool guys.

jwbigcreek

Feb 26, 2008
I had American History with a bunch of dubmass football players in Carpenter. Don't 17 with The General.

jakldawg

May 1, 2006
O.J. Simpson walked past me after the Kentucky Derby a few years ago (the same year he got kicked out of Jeff Ruby's steakhouse).
Also, Eric Dampier bagged groceries at the Sunflower in Monticello when I lived there.
A few months back, I ran into Domita Peko and Ray Malaluga at Kroger.

and how could I forget: I was at the P.F. Chang's in Ridgeland when LeBron James and his posse came strolling in.

NOW WHO WANTS TO FREAKING TOUCH ME!?!??!

Last edited:

KingBarkus

May 1, 2006
I sat next to Chris Maloney in Accounting. Nice guy. Probably will be a MLB manager some day.

I played hoops with Eric Moulds in New Orleans along with many Saints during the offseason. Moulds was quiet and many non-pros had no idea who he was. You Saints fans remember Sammy Knight?
He played pickup ball all the time. Nice, regular dude. You got a mixed bag with the NFLers. Some were Richards, but most were cool.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
True story - I saw Whit Huges and Boo Ray at the Wal-Mart in Starkville. They were buying Hungry, Hungry, Hippos.

I also did rehab on my shoulder at the same PT place where Eric Dubose rehab'd his elbow. He had a State hat on one day and we got to talking. Pretty good guy. Oh, yeah, Penny Hardaway showed up to work out one day too.

Balls.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012
Trained with Carlos Condit, Clay Guida, Keith Jardine and others on a few occasions during my time in New Mexico. Talked to Jon Jones for a few minutes in Walmart. That is about it. All those guys are extremely down to earth and good company.

BiscuitEater

Aug 29, 2009
Was in a bar in Bossier City and André the Giant walked in and sat next to me. That dude could put away a serious amount of draft in a short amount of time

KurtRambis4

Aug 30, 2006
I'd

like to nominate this for SPSR, if it hasn't already been nominated.

Well done. This is old school SPS. Busting a clown for acting like a clown.

Hey nafoomers look SPS is back!!1!11!

Wooly17er

Dec 15, 2011
Met Joe Horn in the Winn Dixie parking lot in Ocean Springs (and other tales)

He was there peddling his new BBQ sauce (which I highly recommend- It's KC style, but sweeter). I didn't know he was going to be there, but had just jumped in the truck to head out on a Sunday afternoon to grab some steaks for the grill. I was about to walk in and saw this tall fella walking towards an old car with an apron on...he looked familiar. It took a few seconds of just creepily staring at the guy before I hollered "Joe Horn!". He turned around and said "Whats up brother?". I introduced myself with my full name - like he would know exactly who I was - and told him I always enjoyed watching him play as a Saints fan. He thanked me, and told me to go inside and tell the folks at the table that "Joe Horn said hook you up with some of my sauce." So I did just that. They handed me a little paper ketchup container with BBQ sauce and a cocktail weenie. I had been "hooked up." Truth is, the sauce was great and I bought a box of 6 autographed jars (because doing so entered me into a chance to go see a Saints game with Joe Horn...which I didn't win). It was cool. I feel like we had our few minutes as best friends. Just before the drawing for the Saints game, which I stuck around for like 30 minutes for, I invited Joe to my house for steaks if I was the winner. He laughed and looked a little creeped out. Then I didn't win, and I thanked him and left. I will tell my grandkids about this one day.

I also met Emmit Smith in the Reno, NV airport. Lots of folks from the area had cool things to get signed (they knew he was going to be there for a celebrity golf tournament...I didn't), and I only had an address book with a "Notes" section. I waited for everyone to leave before approaching him, which was bad because they had lost his luggage. He was mad, but he still signed my little piece of paper with "Notes" at the top. I still have that in my wallet just to tell the story. Also, he was there with Jerry Rice. I didn't speak to Mr. Rice.

Winsome Frazier was in my Plants and Animals class at State. He was cool, but seemed lost a lot. He had a cool Fat Albert sweatshirt/pants set that he wore all the time. I nodded to him once when he looked at me. Pretty sure he nodded back.

TheTeetFingler

Aug 22, 2012
When I was in elementary school we went to meet the basketball team at the airport after the Final Four and my friend go lost in the crowd of people... Dampier heard us trying to find him and start picking and holding kids up so we could see if it was my friend.

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
Eating lunch at a local burger place when a white mercedez pulls into the parking lot. Anthony Davis and his posse get out and almost have lunch with me before walking across the street to the po-boy joint.

Squeezed in up to a crowded bar to order beers and found myself comfortably wedged between Archie and Olivia where not a word was spoken by any of us.

Also once had a nice talk with Tim Nelson one day while he was stocking the coke machine at my old high school.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Joe Harvell signed my LA Dodger cap at the Kroger in Oxford - I was on my way home from the Memphis Zoo. Awesome day for a 10 year old (I was being raised a UM fan at the time).

And my aforementioned run in with Clarance Weatherspoon at the Sports Club in Jackson. I asked him to spot me a few times.

Jake Wimberly

Oct 3, 2006
One night back in the day at Ricks I had Wayne Madkin

Look over at me and ask where all the white women at.

Last edited:

Skydog77

Aug 22, 2012
Earl Campbell gave me a handful of Skoal bandits when I was a kid

My dad took me to meet him. I was six years old and he handed the bandits to me where my dad couldn't see. Told me not to let daddy find out. Of course I went home and stuffed them all in my mouth at once and ended up puking my guts out.

FlabLoser

Aug 20, 2006
I had a class with Albert Williams, possibly the only electrical engineer to ever play football at MSU.

MEDawg10

Aug 22, 2012
Drank homemade wine with Jamont Gordon in the parking lot of 21 apartments. He knew the Dwight Yoakam songs better than me.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
Played Blackjack with Sandra Bullock and Samuel Jackson during A Time to Kill..

She is was pretty hot in person... Samuel was pretty cool and had that damn Kangaroo hat on backwards..

Partied with WSP, Lenny Kravitz, Kid Rock, Bob Weir, and various other musicians..
Socialized with the Mannings, Danny Wuerffel, and Drew Brees in NOLA.

fader2103

Aug 25, 2012
I checked in Rick Stansbury into a hotel I worked at in Flowood. Same night Lawerence Roberts sent the fax sayin he was returning to Mississippi State for his senior year. Rick came down and was like I should have a fax coming in. Me and Rick high fived when he said Roberts is staying.

engdawg04

Aug 23, 2012
Saw Jerry Rice at Cheers one night in late 03, talked to him for a minute or two. Really nice guy

Ran into Mark Ingram at a restaurant in New Orleans the night before me and the wife got married and he took a picture with us.

Palmettodog

Aug 22, 2012
Met jerry Rice and his wife while I was at Disney World

They had just won the Super Bowl and he had a brand new baby with him. Real nice guy.

Palmettodog

Aug 22, 2012
Ran into Chris Dimarco and Phil Mickelson at the New York, New York in Vegas. Chris was cool, Phil was kind of a dick.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Now that I know that wrasslers count, I worked at the East Memphis Hilton back when Monday Nitro was on fire, and all of the big names stayed there. It was hilarious going through the check-in database to see all of their real names. Anyway, once the restaurant shut down at 10 on that Sunday night, a few of them started trickling down to the bar. By 11... Luger, DDP, Hogan, and The Giant(now the Big Show) were all toasted. DDP got me a beer, I got to hang with them for about an hour, and I'm pretty sure they would have gotten me smashed if I hadn't been 17. The bartender took a pretty big risk by just pouring me one since I worked there, but he was cool.

As I was getting ready to leave for the night, the cops show up and I find out the next day that the Big Show apparently exposed himself to an old hag at the front desk when she gave him crap for flirting with the younger girls. Yes, she called the cops but he was on Nitro the next night so I guess they worked it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.