Listening to Bo Bounds this morning - they called Arby's trash...

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Also, I see several people saying the best thing on the menu. The best thing they have is not on the menu. It’s called meat mountain and it is glorious.

J-Dawg

Mar 4, 2009
Fast food joints (local to me) listed in order that I'd choose them:

Chic-fil-A
Cane's
Arby's
Whataburger
Popeye's
Wendy's
Zaxby's
Backyard Burger

Big gap

McDonald's
Taco Bell

Another big gap

Burger King

ETA that if there was a Taco Casa in the Jxn metro it'd be first on the list. (Where my Vicksburgers at?)

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
It made me upset. What is your view on Arby's?
Taste wise and option wise? Arby's is good. Much rather be picking between Arby's and Tacobell, Chik Fila, and subway than McDonalds and Wendy's and burgerking.

But I do feel like they tend to be more run down. But don't go to a lot of them so maybe that's just location specific. Similar to Krystal's to me. Nothing wrong with Krystal's food and I actually like it, but damn they seem to be consistently poorly run.

If I walked into an arby's that felt like a Chik Fila, I think that arby's would crush it.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Roast beef is classified as ultra processed and contains half the daily amount of sodium.

It's basically a moist beef jerky sandwich.

• Sad
Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Love Arbys. Huge menu. Lot of good stuff. Love stopping at the loves and getting a beef n cheddar and curly fries for the road. Maybe a buffalo chicken slider

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Fast food joints (local to me) listed in order that I'd choose them:

Chic-fil-A
Cane's
Arby's
Whataburger
Popeye's
Wendy's
Zaxby's
Backyard Burger

Big gap

McDonald's
Taco Bell

Another big gap

Burger King

ETA that if there was a Taco Casa in the Jxn metro it'd be first on the list. (Where my Vicksburgers at?)
First, Not sure Chic fil and Cane's belong on the same tier. To the extent they do, Cane's smokes it. I'm a Chic Fil a fan and definitely like their chicken as a change of pace from Cane's, but Cane's chicken is better and their fries are at least average as opposed to Chic Fil as being below average. That said, I think I can eat at Chic Fil a for under $10. Can't do that at Cane's anymore.

Second, I think all the Vicksburgers (Vicksburgians?) and Coast rats should have to brawl it out over Taco Casa versus Taco Sombrero. May get banned for this, but the only things more consistently overrated are the square and oxford.

Third, you arent' giving Taco Bell its due. Taco Bell is good but it's tier one simply because it gives a solid break from the normal hamburger and fries if you are really on the road a lot and don't have the time or inclination to stop for better than decent food. The only knock on taco bell is that you can get actual mexican food for just as cheap and it's fast, but it's still not drive through and eat in the car fast food.

J-Dawg

Mar 4, 2009
Second, I think all the Vicksburgers (Vicksburgians?) and Coast rats should have to brawl it out over Taco Casa versus Taco Sombrero. May get banned for this, but the only things more consistently overrated are the square and oxford.
You shut your dirty mouth!**

Third, you arent' giving Taco Bell its due. Taco Bell is good but it's tier one simply because it gives a solid break from the normal hamburger and fries if you are really on the road a lot and don't have the time or inclination to stop for better than decent food. The only knock on taco bell is that you can get actual mexican food for just as cheap and it's fast, but it's still not drive through and eat in the car fast food.
It's not Taco Bell's food/flavor that I don't like..... I buy bottled Taco Bell sauce to keep at home. It's Taco Bell's reaction in my guts that keeps it so low.

Sep 21, 2017
I have seen Arby's sauce in Kroger for months.

First time I saw it in Kroger a guy had probably10 bottles in his buggy sorta whistling with glee as he was waling towards the self checkout. He also looked like the type of guy that would steal pockets full of Arby's sauce packets every time he ate there.

Joe Schmedlap

Aug 11, 2010
Maybe he said “Aubies” and not “Arby’s”. Will Hugh Freeze now tell ‘croots to sign with Auburn cuz they have the meats”?

Sep 29, 2022
Arby's is like the guy in high school who can't figure out what he wants to be. One day he's grunge, then a cowboy, then he's hip hop, then a hippie, but nothing sticks. Arby's used to be a place you could get 4 roast beef sandwiches for like a dollar. It was consistently good. Now they don't know what the hell they are. It's like they roll out a new identity every six months. "We have the meats." WTF does that mean? I still like it for the old-menu items like roast beef. And also Bo Bounds sucks.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I’ll put it this way. Spicy Indian food makes me poop 15 mins after eating. Arby’s does the same. However, Indian food is the most delicious food on the planet so it is worth it. Arby’s is a legit step below cold Petty’s.
You need help. I really feel sorry for you, your life must seriously suck.

Reactions: dog12

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Dammit! No Kroger here.

Edit: I see it on Amazon and Walmart sites. Now. What fantastic news. Thank you good sir!!
You can buy Arbys and Horsie sauce at Kroger. They are both currently in our fridge.

My kids love the roast beef sliders from there. I like their brisket sandwiches and the chicken bacon Swiss sandwich and of course the beef n cheddar is always solid.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
I've honestly never had Arby's a day in my life. I was always under the impression that it was in the same tier as Krystal and White Castle: garbage food you only eat when you're drunk.

But based on this thread, maybe my perception of it has been off for the last 30 years.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I’ll be honest with you. If you put an unlabeled plate of Abners, Zaxbys, Slim Chickens, and Canes in front of me I honestly couldn’t tell the difference. For you Alabamians you can throw Guthries in there too.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
I like Arby's. They were better when Hardees pushed them in the roast beef business, but the Hardees/Carls Jr merger made them focus on burgers.

I don't get the love for Taco Bell. Also, Burger King has gone downhill....at least the franchises in this area. Wendy's has dropped a lot from the 80s when their burgers were "5 guys" quality.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I like Arby's. They were better when Hardees pushed them in the roast beef business, but the Hardees/Carls Jr merger made them focus on burgers.

I don't get the love for Taco Bell. Also, Burger King has gone downhill....at least the franchises in this area. Wendy's has dropped a lot from the 80s when their burgers were "5 guys" quality.
Burger King is one of those places that I drive by and wonder how it exists. I don't know how it could possibly go downhill. Madison has a little collection of restaurants right off the main exit that I find unbelievable that they stay in business: Applebees, BK, Taco Bell, Chilis, Backyard Burger and a little past Walmart, Longhorn. Taco Bell is literally across the street from a really good mexican joint.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I’ll be honest with you. If you put an unlabeled plate of Abners, Zaxbys, Slim Chickens, and Canes in front of me I honestly couldn’t tell the difference. For you Alabamians you can throw Guthries in there too.
I think I could. Zaxby's in Madison is way salty, even for fast food. Abners across the street is noticeably better and better service. Slim Chickens I went once and the tenders were anything but and the sauce sucked.

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
years ago.....at least 7......Arby's used to be my go to.....its not as good anymore....don't know what happened, can't really put my finger on it either....i feel as if its mostly bread and im chewing it till my jaw hurts...

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
Also, I see several people saying the best thing on the menu. The best thing they have is not on the menu. It’s called meat mountain and it is glorious.
I would invite anyone who can find it to post a gif of the Saving Silverman scene where Amanda Peet takes a bite of a Big Montana.

Reactions: mcdawg22

Fedexdog

Oct 11, 2022
My go-to sandwiches at Arby's are the greek gyro and reuben sandwich. I rotate around and like something at almost all the fast food places.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
Taco Casa has gone noticeably downhill since Rowdy Nosser died, I'm afraid to say. Still eat it but it's definitely not the same. Have had 5 different former VBurgers return and eat it and every single one of them immediately says "The cheese dip sucks now!"
If you pick Zazby's above Cane's you cannot be trusted.
Zaxby's is only good for buffalo tenders. Canes for fried tenders. Abner's (RIP) for grilled tenders. Slim chickens is good for sauces. Haven't tried Huey Magoo's yet but I hear it's good.
I've honestly never had Arby's a day in my life. I was always under the impression that it was in the same tier as Krystal and White Castle: garbage food you only eat when you're drunk.

But based on this thread, maybe my perception of it has been off for the last 30 years.
What the hell did Krystal ever do to you!? Their little burgers got me out of a sho-nuff DUI leaving the Silver STar late one night, so they'll always hold a special place in my heart.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
We make taco burgers at home. I can’t believe only Taco Casa has figured out the deliciousness of taco meat and fixings on a bun. I have even done a taco poboy. It was tremendous.

Reactions: mcdawg22