Listening to Bo Bounds this morning - they called Arby's trash...

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Beef and cheddar with arby's sauce and curly fries still hits.
When I'm traveling, and the wife and I actually found one on the interstate it's like we found an oasis. I'm not gonna visit one over a steak house or oyster bar out for fast food is pretty damn good.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Fast food joints (local to me) listed in order that I'd choose them:

Chic-fil-A
Cane's
Arby's
Whataburger
Popeye's
Wendy's
Zaxby's
Backyard Burger

Big gap

McDonald's
Taco Bell

Another big gap

Burger King

ETA that if there was a Taco Casa in the Jxn metro it'd be first on the list. (Where my Vicksburgers at?)
Whataburger? I don't have 30 minutes to wait for a thin, below average quality, fast food burger.

mst8

Mar 3, 2008
Burger King is one of those places that I drive by and wonder how it exists. I don't know how it could possibly go downhill. Madison has a little collection of restaurants right off the main exit that I find unbelievable that they stay in business: Applebees, BK, Taco Bell, Chilis, Backyard Burger and a little past Walmart, Longhorn. Taco Bell is literally across the street from a really good mexican joint.
I wonder who even owns those. You will literally see hundreds of cars at the chick fil a but due to terribly slow drive throughs, there might be one or two cars at the ones you mentioned in Madison.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I’ll be honest with you. If you put an unlabeled plate of Abners, Zaxbys, Slim Chickens, and Canes in front of me I honestly couldn’t tell the difference. For you Alabamians you can throw Guthries in there too.
What's sbout foosackleys?
Canes is above all.
I probably eat too much because I could definitely tell them apart unlabeled

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Whataburger? I don't have 30 minutes to wait for a thin, below average quality, fast food burger.
I’m not a big fast food burger fan, but I recently had the blue cheese burger from whataburger, amazing. Y’all should try it.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Also. Bo Bounds’ show posts get maybe 1 reply. He attacks a fast food chain, and we get an almost 100 post thread. I’m embarrassed for us.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004

I'm afraid in my mind Krystal and Arby's have both fallen into the category of fast food that's costs more than I'm usually willing to pay for it. It's fully the fault of being old and having lived through 5 for $5 deals at Arbys and $5.99 sackfuls at Krystal, but I feel like pretty much any other sammich-based fast food is a better value.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
I like zaxby's dipping sauce. IMO its the best out there. If you prefer a fried battered tender, then do the canes. Both are good.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I like zaxby's dipping sauce. IMO its the best out there. If you prefer a fried battered tender, then do the canes. Both are good.
I like Zaxby’s nuclear flavor. It is one of my favorite medium heat sauces that I have had. We got a Slim Chickens here a couple of months ago, could not stand it. Fries were Whataburger/In N Out bad. Wings were tiny. I like Foosackly’s simply for the Queso. I’ll be honest though if I were simply going breaded non tossed chicken tenders, I’m probably hitting up a country gas station.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
My five worst fast food joints with 1. being my least favorite

1. Long John Silvers
2. Burger King
3. Taco Bell
4. Krystal
5. Pizza Hut

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Anyone else picking up some Arby’s tonight? In the drive thru right now

edit: and they totally 17ed up my order so yeah, garbage

Last edited:
Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
I just left the Arby’s that is connected to the Love’s truck stop in Canton….empty handed.

sign on the drive-thru and the front door said closed due to lack of staffing.
we still going through this nonsense?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I just left the Arby’s that is connected to the Love’s truck stop in Canton….empty handed.

sign on the drive-thru and the front door said closed due to lack of staffing.
we still going through this nonsense?
I swear we must have had a marvel style blip because there are worker shortages everywhere. Where did they all go?

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
For me it goes by menu item, not overall place. Not in order of ranking, but where I prefer to go depending on what I'm hungry for. For fast food only:
Burgers: The Habit (small chain so far, no drive thru)

Drive thru burgers: Jack in the Box

Fish sandwich: McDonalds Filet-O-Fish

French Fries: Wendy's, but only because I can get the chili seasoning packages to dip my fries in. If you haven't tried this yet, trust me...they are awesome together, even though the fries themselves aren't half as good as they used to be many years ago. McDonald's french fries with Wendy's chili seasoning are the bomb, so I always ask for as much chili seasoning as they will give me so I can later go get better fries to dip in it.

Tacos: Almost by default Taco Bell, but it has to be the Doritos Locos. They're not good, but the competition is even worse unless I go to a real Mexican restaurant. Since I am in California, it's easy for me to go to several really good Mexican restaurants. The TB Crunchwrap Supreme is close to a taco & tastes much better. TB burritos are terrible.

Roast beef sandwich: Togo's. Arby's roast beef with a mix of Horsey sauce & Arby's sauce is one of those things that I just get a hankering for once-in-a-great-while. Yes, it is processed, pressed & steamed meat that tastes like **** by itself, but with the sauces & a fresh bun, it just hits the comfort-food spot a few times a year.

Chicken: Real close between Wing Stop & Raising Cane when I am near one. Chick-Fil-a for chicken sandwich. Once-in-a-while KFC is a must for their unique flavor for chicken breasts & wings.(even though it's often rough on the old intestines the next day).

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
I work in Hernando and Arbys is 500 yards from my office. It keeps me from driving on the main drag. Hit it weekly. It’s awesome.

Reactions: Maroon13

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
The most underrated burger (and honestly fast food restaurant) is Freddy’s.
Really good steak burger and they have frozen custard.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

I'll never understand the love some have for Whataburger.

I would take a McDonald's McDouble or a Wendy's basic hamburger over anything on their menu any day. And those sandwiches are just serviceable in a pinch.

And I'm positive I've never had even decent service any of the very few times I've been there.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
It made me upset. What is your view on Arby's?
I like Arby’s a lot. Hate we don’t have one in Starkville anymore.
Though it leaving paved the way for cookout, which I also like. Both have stuff other than your basic fast food burgers/chicken tenders/ fries.

cling84

Aug 22, 2012
I wish they would sell Arbys sauce like they do Chik fil A and other sauces in stores. I had the Diablo Chicken sandwich. That thing brings heat.
I picked up a bottle of the Horsey Sauce at the Kroger in Ridgeland last week. It was in the clearance area though so it may not be available any more.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I like Zaxby’s nuclear flavor. It is one of my favorite medium heat sauces that I have had. We got a Slim Chickens here a couple of months ago, could not stand it. Fries were Whataburger/In N Out bad. Wings were tiny. I like Foosackly’s simply for the Queso. I’ll be honest though if I were simply going breaded non tossed chicken tenders, I’m probably hitting up a country gas station.
Crazy K’s on Hwy 45 in Buckattuna Ms puts them all to shame on chicken strips. Also, while the chicken strips aren’t life changing, if you get chicken strips at a Jacks, order a side of brown gravy for dipping.

cling84

Aug 22, 2012
I wish they would sell Arbys sauce like they do Chik fil A and other sauces in stores. I had the Diablo Chicken sandwich. That thing brings heat.
I also saw that it was available at Target, Wal-Mart, and Amazon...

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
For me it goes by menu item, not overall place. Not in order of ranking, but where I prefer to go depending on what I'm hungry for. For fast food only:
Burgers: The Habit (small chain so far, no drive thru)

Drive thru burgers: Jack in the Box

Fish sandwich: McDonalds Filet-O-Fish

French Fries: Wendy's, but only because I can get the chili seasoning packages to dip my fries in. If you haven't tried this yet, trust me...they are awesome together, even though the fries themselves aren't half as good as they used to be many years ago. McDonald's french fries with Wendy's chili seasoning are the bomb, so I always ask for as much chili seasoning as they will give me so I can later go get better fries to dip in it.

Tacos: Almost by default Taco Bell, but it has to be the Doritos Locos. They're not good, but the competition is even worse unless I go to a real Mexican restaurant. Since I am in California, it's easy for me to go to several really good Mexican restaurants. The TB Crunchwrap Supreme is close to a taco & tastes much better. TB burritos are terrible.

Roast beef sandwich: Togo's. Arby's roast beef with a mix of Horsey sauce & Arby's sauce is one of those things that I just get a hankering for once-in-a-great-while. Yes, it is processed, pressed & steamed meat that tastes like **** by itself, but with the sauces & a fresh bun, it just hits the comfort-food spot a few times a year.

Chicken: Real close between Wing Stop & Raising Cane when I am near one. Chick-Fil-a for chicken sandwich. Once-in-a-while KFC is a must for their unique flavor for chicken breasts & wings.(even though it's often rough on the old intestines the next day).