Marsha Blackburn is being considered for Trumps VP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Dead serious- Trump's ultimate running mate would be Selina Meyer.
- attractive female
- 0 morals/ethics
- will do whatever is needed in the moment to retain power
- strong personality that puts her enemies in their place.

Trump
Meyer

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Let's talk about this sock puppet

View attachment 576813
Why should we talk about her?
Why would you respond to my post, which is meant to be funny while holding onto some truth, with this picture and request that we talk about Harris?

- I dont think Harris is great as a politician on the national stage. I dont view like her or dislike her...she is just sorta...there.
- I dont understand the visceral hate that some seem to have for her, and I really havent read/heard anything that seems to be legitimate justification for how triggered some get when she is mentioned.
- My post was about a fictional VP. 17ing fictional. It was a hilarious TV show and the character would be a perfect VP for Trump. Why ruin that with a desire to talk about Harris?

Reactions: Maroon Pug

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Why would you respond to my post, which is meant to be funny while holding onto some truth, with this picture and request that we talk about Harris?

- I dont think Harris is great as a politician on the national stage. I dont view like her or dislike her...she is just sorta...there.
- I dont understand the visceral hate that some seem to have for her, and I really havent read/heard anything that seems to be legitimate justification for how triggered some get when she is mentioned.
- My post was about a fictional VP. 17ing fictional. It was a hilarious TV show and the character would be a perfect VP for Trump. Why ruin that with a desire to talk about Harris?
I don't hate her. I just think she's an incompetent babbling idiot and only in her position because of her skin color.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
I personally believe that local politics is where most attention should be. My crooked supervisors in Madison affect my family more than who the President is. And with $35 trillion in debt, I'm not sure it matters who the President is. And no, Marsha Blackburn should not be considered for VP - which highlights the problem we have with national politics - society treats it like a sporting event. "Blackburn is loyal MAGA" Who cares - who is going to make the country better?

The average person can't tell you who their school board representative is. I'd venture to guess that most could not tell you who their state representative is (Mine has been indicted for racketeering, but taught Sunday School at a large Baptist church so it's okay).

I like JD Vance. I think I would like his wisdom closer to the President. It's not identity politics, but if I am truthful, he is the VP candidate that is being mentioned that best reflects my family's personal values. My vote does not matter here in Mississippi though.
JD Vance is Ted Cruz without the punchable face. An absolute slimeball who will say whatever it takes to gain power.

Reactions: dorndawg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I don't hate her. I just think she's an incompetent babbling idiot and only in her position because of her skin color.

I still dont know why you decided to respond to my post about VEEP's Selina Meyer with a request to talk about Harris, but OK- your view of Harris is noted.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

Hell, I thought that was a white woman. Didn't even recognize her.

Race is so stupid to focus on. But focus we always will I guess.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Remember that Adams and Jefferson, after working well together, had a big beef, had surrogates writing nasty articles about each other (the social media of the day), and didn't speak for about 12 years. I'm usually slow to be in the "people used to never act like this" camp. I'm generally in the things are pretty much always the same. People are gonna people. We are pretty awful a lot of the times. It amazes me sometimes how we have lasted this long.
True but outside of that time they were colleagues that respected each other, and in the end of their lives they came back together through letters. I suspect they were always pretty much friends on some level, or least respected each other on some level. That can not be said of modern politicians that clearly do not respect each other. Not to mention Adams and Jefferson mostly had disagreements over what was best for the country like the Alien and Sedition Acts not over whose eye lashes were fake.

Last edited:

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Republicans really need to get off this abortion and sanctity of life kick.
This sarcasm actually sums up current politics pretty well. Republicans absolutely should push for the sanctity of life. (And I'm going to ignore the death penalty and foreign wars here, though that's an aspect). But they're not, on abortion. They're pushing for the sanctity of life for the unborn, even at the expense of the sanctity of life of the mother if necessary. This is not nearly as popular a stance as one that attempts to respect both. Which leaves an opening for the Democrats to exploit, which they are.

But where the point comes in, is that if they DID attempt to respect the sanctity of life of both the unborn AND the mother.....they would wind up at policy very close to the Dems. So they ignore the problem. It was the same on Onamacare, it's the same on immigration. Conservative policy that attempts to solve problems must account for realities in a way that drives them towards liberal policy (because at this time liberal policy is already attempting to take those things into account), but that enrages the partisans and doesn't win primaries.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Isn't that true for every candidate?
The ones that the media pays attention to, yes. There are still decent rank and file party members that stay out of the spotlight and do their thing. Most people couldn't name them though. We don't reward them with our attention. Instead we reward the behavior that was displayed last night in the House Oversight Committee. Absolute **** show and disgrace. Train wreck / click bait / sound bite politics.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I'll be polite. She sounds neither intelligent nor well read perhaps because that's true about her.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Not that anyone asked, but here's my prediction for the upcoming election: Unless something changes, Americans will elect a tired old man with cognitive deficits as president. The current VP isn't all that inspiring. We'll see what the other option is.

Reactions: ckDOG

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
I think the overarching theme of this thread just solidifies that most of government and its elected officials is FUBAR.
It’s heart warming actually. Every politics thread in SPS history has quickly turned into monkeys slinging crap. In this thread, it seems everyone has finally figured out that our current national options are the crap and we’re all screwed.

and by everybody, I mean everybody except glfr

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

Come again? I have said for years that I dont want Trump or Biden to win in '24. I wish Biden would step aside and let someone else run that isnt named Harris. I wish Trump would just golf each day and let someone else run that isnt beholden to his grip on the GOP.
I have used the SP Douche v TurdSammich gif countless times these last couple years.

Reactions: Maroon Pug

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005

She’s a typical VP.

Dec 28, 2019
What I find amazing about the climate change morons is they outlaw gas weed eaters and push to eliminate cars, yet the skies are jam packed with airplanes carrying people all over the world. Some just to go to climate change meetings or perform a concert or play softball. Not to even point out the oil tankers coming from Saudi loaded with oil as opposed to using our own. Or even better bringing avocados.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
It’s heart warming actually. Every politics thread in SPS history has quickly turned into monkeys slinging crap. In this thread, it seems everyone has finally figured out that our current national options are the crap and we’re all screwed.

Then that's depressing, because Presidential elections are much less about the candidate than the team behind them.

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
"- she rejects there is concensus as to which things can cause chabge in climate."

The consensus of whom exactly ?
Doesn't matter. Science doesn't care about consensus. The best scientists in the world used to believe the world was flat, and actually the governments would behead you if you disagreed with the flat Earth theory. It still didn't make it correct.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
The day that being a member of congress became more about social media presence, and stock advice is the day we all lost regardless of political affiliation. The old saying seems to ring true from AOC to MTG these people say a lot and do nothing. I can guarantee you Adams and Jefferson are spinning in their graves knowing that being part of our government is no longer about constructive disagreement and more about clicks and seeing who can make the most outrageous comment. The other thing that drives me nuts about politicians is when they say America was founded as a Christian nation when it actually was founded as a country that wanted to divorce religion and politics. I also do not understand why being religious seems to justify pushing your morals onto everyone else.
This is unintentionally an endorsement of Fox-style propaganda. AOC has accomplished much more as a lone Representative than most. Just for one she got her city not to waste $25B on Amazon HQ2, for which she was widely derided but ultimately proved right. But because she is left of center, there's been a long-running right wing campaign to label her as dumb. Anyone who actually listens to her speak would not put her in the bottom half of Cpmgressman at the worst, but the endless propaganda has its effect, even on those outside its audience such as yourself. Her leftist politics don't justify lumping her in with MTG. But the "both sides" impulse is strong.

• Haha
Reactions: JackShephard

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Doesn't matter. Science doesn't care about consensus. The best scientists in the world used to believe the world was flat, and actually the governments would behead you if you disagreed with the flat Earth theory. It still didn't make it correct.
"Scoentists" have known the earth isn't flat since at least the ancient Greeks. Besides general knowledge (writings of observing ships dip below the horizon as they sailed out of view), one of them mathematically proved it. It's a myth that learned people thought that in the Middle Ages.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
This is unintentionally an endorsement of Fox-style propaganda. AOC has accomplished much more as a lone Representative than most. Just for one she got her city not to waste $25B on Amazon HQ2, for which she was widely derided but ultimately proved right. But because she is left of center, there's been a long-running right wing campaign to label her as dumb. Anyone who actually listens to her speak would not put her in the bottom half of Cpmgressman at the worst, but the endless propaganda has its effect, even on those outside its audience such as yourself. Her leftist politics don't justify lumping her in with MTG. But the "both sides" impulse is strong.
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

DoomSlayer

Jan 13, 2018
Why in the world he would consider a neocon hack like Mike Pompeo I’ll never know. Just like I’ll never know why he was his Secretary of State and why Bolton was his NSA. These people take the opposite world view as he does, they want America involved in wars all over the globe. That’s how the last time Trump campaigned on changing our foreign policy and it stayed exactly the same. They sabotaged his efforts at peaceful relations with NK, specifically Pompeo.

Deltaduckhunter

Feb 25, 2017
Fully prepared to get blasted for saying this, but if most people actually listened to what RFK Jr. says and not just the manipulated soundbites from MSM, they would find that he is the clear choice.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
according to an insider on SiriusXM this morning. Mentioned Tim Scott, JD Vance, Mike Pompeo and Marsha Blackburn.

A Mississippi State alum that close to the Presidency?

I find it interesting that three of the candidates have non-elite undergraduate educations:

Scott (Charleston Southern)
Vance (Ohio State)
Blackburn (Mississippi State)

Pompeo went to West Point.

Oh, and...

Ohio State is elite.

Status
Not open for further replies.