Medical issue for Leach…

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
A stroke would be terrible. These days if you can get to a hospital heart attacks are not that big of a deal. Pop a couple stints in and you are back home the next day. Strokes on the other are often pretty rough. BTW, on a positive note Hadad and Robbie mentioned that Zavion might be coming back and we picked up some kicker and were looking good for an LSU DB from the portal

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
A stroke would be terrible. These days if you can get to a hospital heart attacks are not that big of a deal. Pop a couple stints in and you are back home the next day. Strokes on the other are often pretty rough. BTW, on a positive note Hadad and Robbie mentioned that Zavion might be coming back and we picked up some kicker and were looking good for an LSU DB from the portal
Depends. There are some strokes where they can actually snatch a clot out if done quickly enough that have excellent outcomes. In general you are right though.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
This will be the 2nd Florida bowl game I've gone to with an interim HC for MSU.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
I love Arnett but not sure he is ready to be a HC. I really hope the pirate is okay. A lot of people on here joke about him being in Key West instead of practice but I hope we all realize that the truth is he keeps ridiculously long hours. This is a 7 day a week job
Arnett will only be the HC for the bowl game. I'm sure CML will be back for the spring.

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
I’ve gained a new level of admiration for him to be able to coach a P5 program while fighting something this serious.

To hell with football at this point…. I hope he makes it to the Keys to recover, if it comes to that.
While fighting something this serious? My god, man. No one on this board knows what the issue is. That’s how rumors get started and things get blown out of proportion.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
My wife works in healthcare and has for years. According to her many critical patients are taken to UMC. From there you can usually get an idea of what kinds of issues they are having if you find out where they get transferred from UMC. Most of her heart patients end up at Baptist and a few can end up at St. Dominic’s, but the overwhelming majority of patients that are moved to St. Dominic’s are there because they have experienced a stroke. In other words, if Coach ends up at St. Dominic’s it’s likely nothing to do with his heart. St. Dominic’s stroke unit is evidently one of the top 3-4 places in the country for stroke victims. Patients are sent there from all over the country. Strokes are devastating because much of the damage is permanent. My Mom died after suffering 2 strokes 8 days apart. If Coach has indeed had a stroke I can see very little possibility that he could ever coach again. That’s a terribly sad think to even think about. Praying that whatever it is it will be something he will be able to 100% recover from

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
My wife works in healthcare and has for years. According to her many critical patients are taken to UMC. From there you can usually get an idea of what kinds of issues they are having if you find out where they get transferred from UMC. Most of her heart patients end up at Baptist and a few can end up at St. Dominic’s, but the overwhelming majority of patients that are moved to St. Dominic’s are there because they have experienced a stroke. In other words, if Coach ends up at St. Dominic’s it’s likely nothing to do with his heart. St. Dominic’s stroke unit is evidently one of the top 3-4 places in the country for stroke victims. Patients are sent there from all over the country. Strokes are devastating because much of the damage is permanent. My Mom died after suffering 2 strokes 8 days apart. If Coach has indeed had a stroke I can see very little possibility that he could ever coach again. That’s a terribly sad think to even think about. Praying that whatever it is it will be something he will be able to 100% recover from
There are three Level 1 stroke centers in Ms now: St D , UMC and North Ms Medical Center

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
All of a sudden I'm no longer as fired up about tonight's game. I just went to the hospital yesterday because my best friend whose just 6 months older than me (I'm 59) had a mild stroke. He spent just 2 days in the hospital and is back on his feet and home now Thank God. I've been on his A$$ about diet and exercise for a year but he told me when I visited him he said he's gonna finally start listening to me. Y'all watch out if your face starts tingling and your lips don't cooperate with speech or trying to drink cuz that's what happened with my buddy. I sure hope Leach is okay and not for STATE but for him and his family.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Strokes are bad. My grandfather was never the same after his big one and then just gradually got worse. I hope it's not that

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
All of a sudden I'm no longer as fired up about tonight's game. I just went to the hospital yesterday because my best friend whose just 6 months older than me (I'm 59) had a mild stroke. He spent just 2 days in the hospital and is back on his feet and home now Thank God. I've been on his A$$ about diet and exercise for a year but he told me when I visited him he said he's gonna finally start listening to me. Y'all watch out if your face starts tingling and your lips don't cooperate with speech or trying to drink cuz that's what happened with my buddy. I sure hope Leach is okay and not for STATE but for him and his family.
Neighbor (not 40 yet with a 13&6 yr old) has been in hospital since Saturday Thanksgiving weekend while in FL with family -stroke with massive brain bleed - was scheduled to be transferred to UAB last week but additional swelling caused them to perform a surgery to relieve pressure-good news he’s out of ICU now but will be in FL for a few more weeks before transferring - limited speech and use of right side currently

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Neighbor (not 40 yet with a 13&6 yr old) has been in hospital since Saturday Thanksgiving weekend while in FL with family -stroke with massive brain bleed - was scheduled to be transferred to UAB last week but additional swelling caused them to perform a surgery to relieve pressure-good news he’s out of ICU now but will be in FL for a few more weeks before transferring - limited speech and use of right side currently
Man that sucks. What kinda overall health was he in if you don't mind me asking?

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
Man that sucks. What kinda overall health was he in if you don't mind me asking?
Not grossly overweight - active dude who liked to tailgate and host shindigs at his house
Insurance co sr executive - travelled a crap ton
I think he might have had elevated BP

Oct 13, 2021
Steve's latest update is very concerning and some of the "insiders" over there are echoing the same sentiments.

He said the next few hours would be "critical" and the situation is very very serious.

Also just said he couldn't give people "assurances" that he would make it at this time.

Not, good. Prayer's needed. I was hoping we'd have an update that he was improving this afternoon.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Want to spill the beans?
Well the first one turned out well.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Steve's latest update is very concerning and some of the "insiders" over there are echoing the same sentiments.

He said the next few hours would be "critical" and the situation is very very serious.

Also just said he couldn't give people "assurances" that he would make it at this time.

Not, good. Prayer's needed. I was hoping we'd have an update that he was improving this afternoon.
Thanks for posting

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I love Arnett but not sure he is ready to be a HC. I really hope the pirate is okay. A lot of people on here joke about him being in Key West instead of practice but I hope we all realize that the truth is he keeps ridiculously long hours. This is a 7 day a week job

I’m sure Arnett will do just fine for the bowl game. There’s no reason to worry about anything beyond that at this point.

CEO2044

May 11, 2009

Are you reading that on the 247 board?

Reactions: Treemydawg

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Yeah, my wife had 2 heart attacks and St Dom had her out in a couple days each time. A few big stents and off she went. Several years later an aneurysm got her. She never recovered from that. So you never know what day will be your last day.

• Sad
Reactions: Cantdoitsal

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
If they fly you anywhere it's damn sure life or death situation. Side note: If you can get to the University alive you have a great chance of making it. They are good are at it.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
How much does Steve actually know here?

Personal health information, even for public figures, is generally respected and protected. The hospital probably isn't even allowed to say he's getting treatment there right now.
The info will get out. I'm sure most of the coaching staff knows what's going on and he probably has access to that info in some form.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
This is a sad thread that puts things in perspective especially the older guys like me. I've made some positive changes over the last few months in drinking less and incorporating 5 sets of pushups every other day. When I started about 5-6 weeks ago, I could barely do ONE DAMN PUSHUP. I'm now knocking out 33-35 in 5 sets that takes less than 15 minutes and that number contiues to grow. Don't think you can't do it because Can't Never Could. And I'm about to go fix my dinner. Mahi Mahi on the stove top with just a little canola oil, kidney beans loaded with maters , onions & garlic, celery, oregano and hot sauce. Turnip greens with no fat but onions, garlic and some chopped beets that have been soaking in spices and vinegar. Make the changes HAPPEN. God Bless all Y'all.