Mithithippi Thate

Dec 13, 2006
1,744
2
0
How does something like this happen. Surely, the powers that be can hear she sounds like she has peanut butter stuck to her retainer. Turrable
 

Hankp22

Redshirt
Oct 17, 2012
1,060
0
0
Meh

It could rain $100 bills and some of our fanbase would complain they didn't have an umbrella
 

HotMop

All-American
May 8, 2006
8,570
7,318
113
I came on here to see if this thread had started...of course it had.

Mithithippi Thate Detta Dedils
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,409
31,609
113
How do you get hired as an announcer when you have a speech impediment? It's pretty bad.
 

aTotal360

Heisman
Nov 12, 2009
22,503
16,211
113
Does Mike Tyson have a sister?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

PBRME

All-American
Feb 12, 2004
11,377
5,418
113
I’m all for giving anyone an opportunity to chase their passion in life. I feel bad for even talking about it. But I’m really having problems understanding what she’s saying.
 
Sep 26, 2012
1,334
880
113
The speech impediment is really nothing. What is unbearable is they can't call the action. We scored twice in two possessions, once with a +1, and they have yet to say a word about the action. It's not unlike if they put a mic between 2 fans watching the game in the stands.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,409
31,609
113
Her actual commentary is fine. It just took about a half to get used to hearing her.
 

tired

All-Conference
Sep 16, 2013
3,717
1,482
113
I enjoyed her. I hope to hear more from her. She knows the game
 

EurekaDog

Redshirt
Nov 10, 2010
598
0
0
In general, we're hearing more not-so-good announcers & color analysts due to...

the sheer number of games being broadcast.

In the 70s, basically, there were a fairly small group of announcers and color analysts. They were the first string and there really wasn't a second team.

Now, there are 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th strings... and then there are the JV team & middle school teams.
 
Last edited:

RevDawg

Redshirt
May 17, 2013
24
0
0
Yeah. Let's make fun of someone who grew up with a pretty bad hearing deficit! I enjoy listening to Tamika and think she is one of the better analysts. I'd rather have her than Kara Lawson or Doris Burke.
 

Dawg1979

Redshirt
Jun 23, 2015
1,546
0
0
No no no no. Her commentary was terrible. I finally turned off the broadcast and turned on tune in. You could tell the other woman was embarrassed to be a part of it. Her content was bad. Reguardless if she sounded like Lou holtz’s illegitimate daughter. Terrible
 

gymdawg.sixpack

Redshirt
Aug 26, 2012
1,724
0
0
She chose a job that accentuates her disability. If u had no arms you wouldn't chose to play bball. Theyre just saying its hard to listen to. Its called truth. So freakin sensitive
 

She Mate Me

Heisman
Dec 7, 2008
15,237
14,753
113
She chose a job that accentuates her disability. If u had no arms you wouldn't chose to play bball. Theyre just saying its hard to listen to. Its called truth. So freakin sensitive

I did go back and forth on whether I should take this role because of my impairments, but at the end of the day, all of the people on my team challenged me to take on this role because of the other young girls and boys who may aspire to be in this position one day.
– Tamika Catchings
 

She Mate Me

Heisman
Dec 7, 2008
15,237
14,753
113
No no no no. Her commentary was terrible. I finally turned off the broadcast and turned on tune in. You could tell the other woman was embarrassed to be a part of it. Her content was bad. Reguardless if she sounded like Lou holtz’s illegitimate daughter. Terrible

It took me about a half to get used to her voice the first time I heard her call a game. I don't really notice it now. It's her 2nd year doing this kind of work and she's getting better. She probably knows more basketball than all of us put together. 4 Olympic Golds, an undefeated NC at UT, 4 time AA, WNBA POY, 5 time WNBA Defensive POY. I'll listen to whatever she has to say about WBB.

Her partner Courtney Lyle went to UT where Catchings is a legend. I highly doubt she was embarrassed to be part of it. More likely honored.
 

RocketDawg

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2011
19,985
2,765
113
I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed. Thankfully I was gone during the game so I watched my recording and I could FF through a lot of the side talk.
 

mstateglfr

All-American
Feb 24, 2008
16,874
6,683
113
Yeah. Let's make fun of someone who grew up with a pretty bad hearing deficit! I enjoy listening to Tamika and think she is one of the better analysts. I'd rather have her than Kara Lawson or Doris Burke.

Doris? Boy, thats tough to go with. Doris is legit on knowledge of the game and expresses her thoughts very well- she knows that less can be more.
 

tatedog

Redshirt
Mar 28, 2015
8,739
0
0
Pulling her from a game involving Mississippi State would've made a hell of a lot more sense than pulling Richard Lee from that Virginia game. Those are some cruel bastards at ESPN.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football "No Panic": Mississippi State S Jardin Gilbert on experience and adaptability on defense
  2. 02 Rivals Football Recruiting How Kamario Taylor's success is helping Mississippi State recruit top quarterbacks
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5